What the heck is going on

sntemp

What is going on with this feud? I haven't been keeping up with this story, What happened between them two?

If I had to guess, Bob decided not to buy a radio schedule on Paul's program. So Paul is taking it out on him. I guess the steady decline in listenership is making him hit the panic button.

Apparently in an interview in Miami, Baumhower didn't defend Saban the way Bammers & Finebaum think he should. Finebaum has a crush on Saban and will not allow anyone saying or thinking anything bad about Saban without being ridiculed by Finebaum and his team of merry Bammers.

Or at least thats the way I understood it.

Apparently in an interview in Miami, Baumhower didn't defend Saban the way Bammers & Finebaum think he should. Finebaum has a crush on Saban and will not allow anyone saying or thinking anything bad about Saban without being ridiculed by Finebaum and his team of merry Bammers.

Or at least thats the way I understood it.

So the way Finebaum is acting is just because Baumhower said something about Saban? I happened to hear Finebaum today because I was off work and got the impression Baumhower said something about Finebaum.

Geeez, and Finebaum isn't a Saban hugger? LOL

Also on the show Bama callers were complaining about the refs giving Auburn the game. One guy even used the Tight End (Trott?) who kept the drive alive as an example, he spoke with certainty that he was out of bounds. Had you not seen the play for yourself and only heard this guys version you would have though he was two feet out of bounds.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Also on the show Bama callers were complaining about the refs giving Auburn the game. One guy even used the Tight End (Trott?) who kept the drive alive as an example, he spoke with certainty that he was out of bounds.

Gabe McKenzie

When an Auburn fan called the show to rationalize to him:

"Paul, you're 'friends' with Saban. This guy's 'friends' with Shula. You have every right to trash Shula and defend Saban, just as much as Bob has a right to not like the way in which this was handled and defend his friend Shula. You're a Tennessee alum, right? You constantly trash your alma-mater. Do your allegiances lie with your alma mater? Why must he be blindly allegiant to his?"

Paul's agitated response:

"My allegiances lie with my listener base. How about you get your facts straight before you call. Well, you got about 75% of the facts right. That's pretty good for an Auburn fan." (hung up)

If he's not a bammer, I'll eat my houndstooth hat.

"Paul, you're 'friends' with Saban. This guy's 'friends' with Shula. You have every right to trash Shula and defend Saban, just as much as Bob has a right to not like the way in which this was handled and defend his friend Shula. You're a Tennessee alum, right? You constantly trash your alma-mater. Do your allegiances lie with your alma mater? Why must he be blindly allegiant to his?"

"My allegiances lie with my listener base. How about you get your facts straight before you call. Well, you got about 75% of the facts right. That's pretty good for an Auburn fan." (hung up)

In other words he will lie, steal, or become traitor to get what he wants. I'm glad he's a bammer, Auburn

people would do well to steer clear of the negativity he breeds.

I heard this call, and the guy was right. That's why Finebaum hung up on him. There's no room for common sense and logic on his show.

This whole thing is ridiculous. Paul started all of this on Monday because he knew the rednecks would get up in arms about this. Baumhower did not even say anything BAD about Saban. What he did was talk about Shula and how he was a Shula fan and wished Shula was still there. When the guy he was talking to pressed him about why he even let Saban come in his restaurant, Baumhower said "it's called a contract."

This is hardly something worth getting the mullet nation all fired up, but that's what Finebaum is best at I guess.

I would love to meet Finebaum in a dark alley one day......

Finebaum would love to meet Saban in a dark room one night.

Did any of you see Rick Karle's "Breakfast with Saban"? There was Karle, Finebaum, Saban & Duberly having breakfast at Karle's house. Finebaum had a huge grin on his face which I was told was because he had touched knees with Saban under the table. Then they did a segment in the back yard where Saban was "teaching" the radio & TV guys how to play DB. Finebaum got weak kneed and almost swooned when Saban put his hands on his (PF) chest.

Archived