Arky/Bama prediction thread

BamaGrad03

I don't think this is a slam dunk for Arkansas at all. The fact that Bama is -3 should tell you even more.

I love it when people say that they will just stack the box and stop our running game. There are 3 different guys we can give it to, in any different direction with all the misdirection we run. Jones and McFadden can take it to the house on any given play. Only need 4 or 5 big plays a game and we can win. The fact that we cannot throw the ball will cost us in a few games this year, no doubt. I'm just not sure it will this week...

Our D has to play better against the pass, but I think Herring will be much more aggressive this week. The first road game always worries me, but we usually play pretty well in Tuscaloosa. This is a make or break game for both teams. Who ever wins will have a shot at winning the west, while the loser will be behind all year.

:arky: - 21

Auburn's Bitch - 17

(I had to do that)

I agree, its hard to tell too much about these two teams. Alabama's defense was supposed to be suspect, but they've been respectable the first two games. I don't know if it was Nickson playing poorly, or the Alabama defense, but i suspect a combination of the two.

I'll go with Alabama 31-28

In one of the most baffling, controversial games ever:

Arkansas - ∞

Alabama - i

infinity vs. an imaginary number......dang i guess our O sucks and our D has no chance.

In one of the most baffling, controversial games ever:

Arkansas - ∞

Alabama - i

infinity vs. an imaginary number......dang i guess our O sucks and our D has no chance.

:) FWIW I actually think it will be a very close game, and I'm leaning toward Alabama. My real prediction would be something along the lines of Arkansas 24, Alabama 28.

McFadden gets a big run. Felix Jones gets some yards. Passing game is decent but unreliable. Arkansas scores 28 points.

Bama has consistent rushing attack from Grant. Consistent passing attack from Wilson. But Arkansas's ability to control the clock wins it.

Arkansas 28 Alabama 24

This game is interesting. On the one hand, Alabama has looked OK so far. On the other hand, they have not played a quality team yet.

John Parker Wilson, IMHO has looked awful in the first two games, and worse in the 2nd than the first. I think the Arky defense will get to him, and next week, Finebaum will be talking about a Tuscaloosa QB controversy. Alabama hasn't enough defense to stop Arkansas, IMHO.

Arkansas 21

Alabama 17

This game is interesting. On the one hand, Alabama has looked OK so far. On the other hand, they have not played a quality team yet.

John Parker Wilson, IMHO has looked awful in the first two games, and worse in the 2nd than the first. I think the Arky defense will get to him, and next week, Finebaum will be talking about a Tuscaloosa QB controversy. Alabama hasn't enough defense to stop Arkansas, IMHO.

Arkansas 21

Alabama 17

He was 17/25 for 189 yards in game one. Didn't have to do much because we rushed for over 300 yards. How is that awful?

No QB controversy. JPW is quite good. Receivers haven't exactly been playing lights out early on. He had at least 75 yards worth of passes dropped saturday against Vandy. But again, we didn't need him due to the 174 yards on 24 carries with Grant.

I see this one as being close with the winner being the team that makes the least mistakes. I expect McFadden to get his yards, just don't see the passing game for Ark being consistent - DB's are the strength of the defense. I agree that JPW just hasn't looked comfortable in Major Applewhites offense yet - Shula was apparently a better QB coach because he did have JPW and the recievers ready last year (just not the rest of the team!). I think Bama will get theirs too on the ground and in the air, but won't "dominate" either category. I can see this game being decided by penalties, turnovers, and god forbid missed field goals...

what i want. Arkansas rushes for 300+ yards (which could happen). Arkansas uses their 2nd string the entire 2nd half and rolls to a 63-0 victory. Uat gets ONE first down, and commits at least 4 turnovers.

What I think will happen. Arkansas will run for a ton of yards. Mcfadden and jones will have their way with uat's defense finding the endzone multiple times. Grant will get his yards as well, between the 20's of course. Arkansas wins 31-17. Go Hogs!!!

Archived