Arky/Bama prediction thread

BamaGrad03

Since, RKansas joined the SEC, when Bama loses to Rkansas, they finish with a losing record in the SEC. The only exception being 1995. Saturday's game will make or break the season.

I don't know if it will make or break considering 8 wins is still attainable, given a loss to Arky.

But it sure would be a great confidence booster. And it would give us some MO going into the UGA, FSU games.

31 - 17 pigs....

Bama's front seven did not impress me at all against Vandy. Nickson had plenty of time to throw, he just couldn't hit anybody. They will be sick of seeing #5 run up and down the field by the 3rd quarter.

And Bama's offense still only looks good between the 20's. AU's offense just flat out stinking has kept everyone from bringing this up. Any team with a good running game will beat Bama this year.

I don't know if it will make or break considering 8 wins is still attainable, given a loss to Arky.

But it sure would be a great confidence booster. And it would give us some MO going into the UGA, FSU games.

If Bama can't beat RKansas they can't play with most teams in the SEC. Take last year's game, Bama probably beat the Hogs in every statistical category (you can waste your time looking that one up), but the inferiority complex placed on the players after seeing the Hogs celebrate the win was just too much to overcome, thus the 2-6 SEC record.

31 - 17 pigs....

Bama's front seven did not impress me at all against Vandy. Nickson had plenty of time to throw, he just couldn't hit anybody. They will be sick of seeing #5 run up and down the field by the 3rd quarter.

And Bama's offense still only looks good between the 20's. AU's offense just flat out stinking has kept everyone from bringing this up. Any team with a good running game will beat Bama this year.

Against Vandy in the Red Zone:

4 Trips, 2 TDs, 2 Field Goals

Also converted a 2 Pt play

And what about Arky's front seven? They gave up nearly 400 yards of offense, 26 points, and 5.2 yards per rush to Troy.

UF only gave up 2.4 yards per rush against Troy.

31 - 17 pigs....

And what about Arky's front seven? They gave up nearly 400 yards of offense, 26 points, and 5.2 yards per rush to Troy.

Well, I don't think you're going to find anyone around here that thinks Arky is better than Florida in any aspect other than 1st string tailback and offseason chaos.

As far as comparing their respective perfomances against Troy, aside from the obvious fact that UF > UA, Troy got 83 of their 376 yds of offense on one drive with 3 minutes to play, against 2nd teamers and Arky leading 46-20. So that leaves Troy with only 293 total yds. Also, 74 yds of Troy's rushing came on that final, meaningless drive against subs. 56 of it was on one run. Take that out of their rushing stats and Troy had 88 yds rushing on 26 attempts for a 3.4 ypc average.

Just saying, game situations dictate some of that. Not to mention it was the first game of the season for Arky while Florida got a tune up against some nobody and got to watch film of the Arky game.

Didn't Troy have 17 points at the half against Arkansas?

Honestly, I don't expect us to win this one. But I don't think it's as big of a slam dunk for Arkansas as you guys want to think.

31 - 17 pigs....

One of the TD drives started from the half yard line and ditto everything Titan said. You are in for a long season if you were happy with Bama's offenseive performance against Vandy. It's better than AU's right now but not by much.

One of the TD drives started from the half yard line and ditto everything Titan said. You are in for a long season if you were happy with Bama's offenseive performance against Vandy. It's better than AU's right now but not by much.

I'm happy with 174 yards from our starting tailback.

Do you HONESTLY think we showed our entire playbook against Vandy saturday?

With Monk out, bama will be able to stack the line. Does this equal stops on the :arky: running game? No.....but it will help.

The key to victory for bama is not stopping McFadden on D, its holding onto the football so he cant touch the field.

Arky 21

Bama 14

McFadden has a good day, and Arky has the time of possession also.

Don't know and don't care.

No I do not. But I also know Arky played a lot of young guys on offense and defense in the Troy game. I just don't think your defense will be able to get off the field in the second half. It's very weak and your facing the best running team in the SEC.

I got to give you credit on Grant; he's going to be a good one. But I bet you his rushing yards will be cut in half this week. JPW has to have a big day for Bama to win this game. Can he do it? I don't know.

No I do not. But I also know Arky played a lot of young guys on offense and defense in the Troy game. I just don't think your defense will be able to get off the field in the second half. It's very weak and your facing the best running team in the SEC.

I got to give you credit on Grant; he's going to be a good one. But I bet you his rushing yards will be cut in half this week. JPW has to have a big day for Bama to win this game. Can he do it? I don't know.

I tend to agree with you about Bama's D. We will have a hard time stopping Arkansas. But, Troy did score 17 on them in the first half. I know Nutt isnt stupid enough to put his 2nd team in the game during the first half.

Honestly, I don't expect us to win this one. But I don't think it's as big of a slam dunk for Arkansas as you guys want to think.

Oh, I don't think it's a slam dunk at all. I think Alabama views this game as a possible statement opportunity for the course of their program under Saban while Arky views it more as just an SEC game that's important like all the rest. I expect Arky's lack of a passing game will help Alabama's defense to be able to focus on stopping the run and keep the game relatively close. I lean toward Arky winning it, but it wouldn't be a total shock if Bama pulled the upset.

Oh, I don't think it's a slam dunk at all. I think Alabama views this game as a possible statement opportunity for the course of their program under Saban while Arky views it more as just an SEC game that's important like all the rest. I expect Arky's lack of a passing game will help Alabama's defense to be able to focus on stopping the run and keep the game relatively close. I lean toward Arky winning it, but it wouldn't be a total shock if Bama pulled the upset.

Complete agreement.

If the game were in Hogland, I would look for DMac to have a minimum of 200 yards and a couple of touchdowns. However, in Tideland, I expect to see the Bama D keep him in check, in the first half at least. I think Arky wins 24-16, but I would not be surprised at all to see Bama win.

I would say flip a coin, neither team has done much to show what they can do against the other.

Neither team has played any merit teams. Honestly neither have shown all their plays on the field. Its a total tossup.

I would say this early in the year Bama has a shot. I would also say that a week off doesn't do so much if you are scheming against a new coach and staff with only a creampuff and a midlower sec team for footage.

This game will look like two hogs fighting over a turnip (especially with Monk out). McFadden and Jones will be the difference makers. The Tide doesn't have a player as good as either of them. UA will keep it close until the fourth, but Arky wins by 10.

I think Arky pulls it out in overtime after a series of screw-ups and possibly a missed gimme of a game winning field goal by Bama. Maybe some guy named Tiffin.

Just my prediction. Probably wrong.

Archived