Just remember....

DKW 86

The same folks calling Saban a 'genius' now were calling Fran the 'Bear Ressurected' just 5 short years ago.

Well, they did it with Perkins, Curry, Stallings, Dubose, Price, and Shula too. In three years they'll do it with the next one.

Fran is a good coach - I always thought that and just didn't like how he left Bama. But that doesn't make him a bad coach. aTm is just not able to recruit like the other big boys in the area. I never thought or think either coach is the Bear ressurected - and neither does any Bama fan I know. But we all do think Saban is the best coach we have had in a long, long and we do believe he will make as a contender again in the SEC (if he stays long enough)

Its funny how the 'media' plays up all the other stuff and it gets blamed on Bama fans..... though I do agree that there are a few fans that are ridiculus, but it is not the majority....

No, Franchione isn't a good coach. Never has been and never will be.

With that said, I don't hold one ioda of dislike toward him. I understand why he left and I don't blame him for it. It wasn't his fault that we were going to be in shackles, so why should he throw his entire career in the crapper for another man's mistake? He made the right move by leaving.

Getting back to his time at UA... that guy threw more games away than any other coach I had ever seen. He had much, much more talent than Shula, but still managed to blow 4th quarter leads. 2001 Ole Miss, Tennessee, and South Carolina. 2002 Georgia and Oklahoma. Franchione always seem to try to coach too much late in big games. As for the turn-around in Alabama from 2000 to 2001? A trained monkey could have won 7 games with that team. Too bad DuBose happened to be below a trained monkey...

I'm glad he's gone. Wait, no, I'm thrilled he's gone. How many rapings has he endured at aTm? It seems like every other week, he's getting shellacked.

Alabama has a very favorable schedule this year. But to proclaim 10 wins and a 2009 MNC after beating two high school teams and beating Arkansas on a desperation drive in the 4th after being up by 21 POINTS IN THE FIRST QUARTER, is a far cry from "genius."

If Huston Nutt wasn't a complete idiot throwing the ball on 3rd down when uat has no timeouts with 2:00 to go.....if McFadden didn't come out with a concussion....we are not having this conversation.

That is far from "genius."

Now, Saban, has done some good things already. Namely, giving his team the confidence to play anyone and believe they can win.

I have to admit though, it would be quite funny to see him go 11-1 or undefeated and not get to play for the MNC this year simply because you can't start that low in the polls in the BCS era and have a chance, as we all know too well.

I'd have to invoke the "A beat B, so B can't talk smack" rule once again.

If you wanted to get me ticked off, be a 'Bama fan and talk smack about the 2004 Auburn team.

Geez. I bet I told a 100 people over Christmas that "they beat us and went undefeated. We better not rub it in their face too much, man."

When your rival goes 11-1, beats you, and wins the SEC title, it should leave you with little room to flap his jowls. JMHO.

-EDIT- spelling gaffe

I have to admit though, it would be quite funny to see him go 11-1 or undefeated and not get to play for the MNC this year simply because you can't start that low in the polls in the BCS era and have a chance, as we all know too well.

I'll take that. I'd take that even if our only loss was to Auburn.

Well, the LOSS to Auburn is a given....so...I guess you will take what you can get.

Fran is a good coach - I always thought that and just didn't like how he left Bama. But that doesn't make him a bad coach. aTm is just not able to recruit like the other big boys in the area. I never thought or think either coach is the Bear ressurected - and neither does any Bama fan I know. But we all do think Saban is the best coach we have had in a long, long and we do believe he will make as a contender again in the SEC (if he stays long enough)

Its funny how the 'media' plays up all the other stuff and it gets blamed on Bama fans..... though I do agree that there are a few fans that are ridiculus, but it is not the majority....

:blink:

Have you watched or followed Fran at TAMU? He is wretched as a coach. He has survived by walking into talent loaded teams and living off of other guys recruiting. At TAMU, he has everything going for him. Huge recruiting base, great facilities, great boosters, and still gets his rear end tatooed consistently. Face it, he had the bama fan base so fooled on his coaching ability by appealing to the hillybilly fanbase roots.

Francovic (I consider him a John Mackovic clone, but ol' Mac at least won a couple of conference titles) is stealing $$$ in College Station. National TV = almost guaranteed assjacking for the Aggies these days.

Archived