TWO BIG 'IF'S'

Tigermike

If Bush had been President 65 years ago, we would have lost that war.

You mean the dims would have been mad at Bush 65 years early? ;)

You are correct in that the dims would more than likely have started a jihad against the will and morale of the American people.

Moveon.org 65 years ago was just a really poor analogy. The two wars are so different it is like comparing apples to airplanes(I guess they both start with an "a").

Moveon.org 65 years ago was just a really poor analogy. The two wars are so different it is like comparing apples to airplanes(I guess they both start with an "a").

Yeah, one war was declared against a country that did not attack us, and the other war was...oh wait....

Yeah, one war was declared against a country that did not attack us, and the other war was...oh wait....

I mean, I feel like this is a joke that really doesn't need a response, but in case you were not kidding, Japan was formal enemies with Germany. When you declared war on one, you declared war on the other just as if you declared war on one, the other declared war on you. The US congress(who still has not declared war in against Iraq) declared war on Japan on December 8th. By December 11th Italy and Germany had both declared war on the US so yes we were at war with them when we attacked.

I mean, I feel like this is a joke that really doesn't need a response, but in case you were not kidding, Japan was formal enemies with Germany. When you declared war on one, you declared war on the other just as if you declared war on one, the other declared war on you. The US congress(who still has not declared war in against Iraq) declared war on Japan on December 8th. By December 11th Italy and Germany had both declared war on the US so yes we were at war with them when we attacked.

So since congress has not declared war we are not at war? Islamic terrorists would appreciate your nuance. They are at war and you better believe they know it.

So since congress has not declared war we are not at war? Islamic terrorists would appreciate your nuance. They are at war and you better believe they know it.

Sorry I should know by now that you would pick the most insignificant part of the post to talk about. Yes, I understand we are at war, I was simply providing another detail of how different the two wars are.

If you notice I referred to it as the two wars in my previous post. Is there anyway in the future you could actually try to debate the topic instead of nitpicking parts that make little difference?

Another ignorant Bushbot. I'm shocked. Japan attacked us on Dec. 7, 1941. Germany then declared war on us on December 11, 1941. Then we kicked ass.

Or maybe preempted it and saved 6+ million lives!!!

Why you think Bush would have competently waged that war is beyond any thinking person.

Why you think Bush would have competently waged that war is beyond any thinking person.

BTW, it could have been 50 millions lives saved had WWII had been preempted.

WWII was not run perfectly by Roosevelt or the Generals, only the long history shows the final success. How easy it would be for you during WWII to point to incompetent decisions, a list many pages longer than you have for Iraq right now. The long history will answer whether this war was successful in it's long range goals. The fact that Saddam isn't in power today feeding al Queda WMDs is one huge success you forgot the day Baghdad fell. I am happier with you complaining about Bush's incompetencies in quelling the terrorist and insurgent battles inside Iraq, than complaining about the incompetence of letting al Queda hit American city after American city...

BTW, it could have been 50 millions lives saved had WWII had been preempted.

WWII was not run perfectly by Roosevelt or the Generals, only the long history shows the final success. How easy it would be for you during WWII to point to incompetent decisions, a list many pages longer than you have for Iraq right now. The long history will answer whether this war was successful in it's long range goals. The fact that Saddam isn't in power today feeding al Queda WMDs is one huge success you forgot the day Baghdad fell. I am happier with you complaining about Bush's incompetencies in quelling the terrorist and insurgent battles inside Iraq, than complaining about the incompetence of letting al Queda hit American city after American city...

But...but...but Sadaam was not on friendly basis with Al Quaida. <refrain from the left>

Notable quote:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Sooner or later Sadaam would have supplied any terrorist wanting to bomb the US.

GWB saved my ass from more terrorism. Therefore I must conclude that he would have saved other asses if he were president before WWII. And that's the president's job isn't it? To save asses, not face.

Archived