Ahmadinejad-Colombia Varsity-Address, How the Iranian news is playing it?

Tigermike

Those on the left are impressed with Lee Bollinger's rebuke of the Iranian President and thinks everyone who chastised Bollinger owe him an apology. I don't see it that way.

By inviting Ahmadinejad to speak at Columbia in the first place accomplished every possible goal that the President of Iran and the Mullahs could have possibly wished for in the propaganda war.

Let's see how the Iranian news is playing Ahmadinejad's appearance at Columbia

IRI President addresses students at Colombia University

Ahmadinejad-Colombia Varsity-Address

Despite entire US media objections, negative propagation and hue and cry in recent days over IRI President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's scheduled address at Colombia University, he gave his lecture and answered students questions here on Monday afternoon.

On second day of his entry in New York, and amid standing ovation of the audience that had attended the hall where the Iranian President was to give his lecture as of early hours of the day, Ahmadinejad said that Iran is not going to attack any country in the world.

Before President Ahamadinejad's address, Colombia University Chancellor in a brief address told the audience that they would have the chance to hear Iran's stands as the Iranian President would put them forth.

He said that the Iranians are a peace loving nation, they hate war, and all types of aggression.

Referring to the technological achievements of the Iranian nation in the course of recent years, the president considered them as a sign for the Iranians' resolute will for achieving sustainable development and rapid advancement.

The audience on repeated occasion applauded Ahmadinejad when he touched on international crises.

At the end of his address President Ahmadinejad answered the students' questions on such issues as Israel, Palestine, Iran's nuclear program, the status of women in Iran and a number of other matters.

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-24/0...52616013529.htm

Ahmadinejad's bouquets of flowers at Ground Zero enlighten public opinion

Tehran, Sept 24, IRNA

Iran-US-President

Member of Parliament (Majlis) Kazem Jalali said on Monday that President Ahmadinejad's bouquets of flowers in Ground Zero, New York, would help enlighten public opinion of the American people.

Jalali told IRNA that President Ahmadinejad planned to lay wreath at the Ground Zero as sign of Iranian sympathy with families of terror victims.

The hegemony powers have always showed unreal image of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the world public opinion, he said, adding that although they have made their all-out efforts to this end, Iran attained good status in the international community.

Jalali, the rapporteur of the National Security and Foreign Policy Commission in the Majlis also noted that they are afraid of Ahmadinejad's speech for Americans and the world leaders.

AN/1416

---> Iran-US-President

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-22/0...53935013150.htm

Ask yourself one question, what was the ultimate result of that lovely rebuke by Bollinger?

Amadinejad essentially danced around answering any of the hard questions (did Bollinger think he wouldn't? Did you?) and chastised the Columbia President for being rude to a guest (a big no-no from the Iranian perspective).

Everything Bollinger said in his introductory remarks should have been reasons why he didn't invite the lying, murdering, kidnapping, son-of-a-bitch from Iran to speak at an academic institution in the first place. And, Bollinger could have said without giving a terrorist status or a forum to spout his lying nonsense.

Lee Bollinger has now established himself as a tough guy, willing to ask the tough questions and a champion of "free speech". Bully for him.

Bollinger feels good about himself; those on the left feel good about him, too; and yet, as we see above, the Iranian press goes on and on about the "rapturous" welcome their president received in America. For them it is a public relations coup.

They can have no doubts now that they are our equals in every respect. Didn't their President just give an address at a major US university? Wasn't he welcomed with open arms? Didn't the students just lap up his "answers" to those hard questions and cheer him on?

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/

I guess I would say that even if the students had booed every response he gave the Iranian media would have still said he clapped and so forth and I don't personally think we should let their media dictate what we do and do not do. That is as far as the propoganda, as far as whether you think he should have been allowed to speak, well I think we have already discussed that.

President Bush said Monday that if Columbia "thinks it's a good idea to have the leader from Iran come and talk to the students as an educational experience, I guess it's OK with me."

Bush, in an interview with Fox News Channel, said, "I'm not so sure I'd have offered the same invitation." However, he said, "I mean when you really think about it, he's the head of a state sponsor of terror, he's — and yet an institution in our country gives him a chance to express his point of view, which really speaks to the freedoms of the country."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iffHD44...bKRyFlTFOpMf1Aw

I guess I would say that even if the students had booed every response he gave the Iranian media would have still said he clapped and so forth and I don't personally think we should let their media dictate what we do and do not do. That is as far as the propoganda, as far as whether you think he should have been allowed to speak, well I think we have already discussed that.

You miss the point. The propaganda will not be used in the United States, but all across the Middle East. I will not be limited to the Iranian media but AlJazeera will use it and spread it all over. The propaganda is not intended to sway Americans (other than those who work tirelessly for a U.S. defeat) but to encourage the Arab world. Ahmadinejad's goal is to make Iran the preeminent Muslim super power. He would like nothing better than for Iraq to be a cesspool for terrorists ventures and at the same time be able to take all that Iraqi oil money and use it to further terrorism. At this point in time even France sees Iran as an imminent threat to the world. But the left in this country invite him to speak.

Can we not say the left invited him to speak but instead actually say who it was. I know actually using the truth instead of trying to generalize an entire population but lets give it a try.

President Bush said Monday that if Columbia "thinks it's a good idea to have the leader from Iran come and talk to the students as an educational experience, I guess it's OK with me."

Bush, in an interview with Fox News Channel, said, "I'm not so sure I'd have offered the same invitation." However, he said, "I mean when you really think about it, he's the head of a state sponsor of terror, he's — and yet an institution in our country gives him a chance to express his point of view, which really speaks to the freedoms of the country."

Well said.

Well said.

Some how I missed that. That is just sureal, dems quoting W to defend their actions. ;)

Wee we can all just get along.

Some how I missed that. That is just sureal, dems quoting W to defend their actions.

I'm not trying to prove a point by quoting Bush, I was simply adding to the discussion something that the President has said. I swear to God, when Bush says something against Dems everyone thinks it is the greatest thing, but when he says something moderate then we're just surreal dems trying to defend our terrible position.

Well said.

Some how I missed that. That is just sureal, dems quoting W to defend their actions. ;)

I just thought he handled the question well. I think most people were against it as he was, but if you're gonna have free speech, then hey. Hell, as much as we dislike it the guy is, for now, part of the world community. To me Columbia looks like a douchebag for having him. The Bollinger guy looked like one as well, and was responsible for the first round of applause the guy got. The ichbeneindeauschlander guy looked like a total goof as he denied homosexuality in his country and the holocaust.

If I had my say his ability to give his speech would have been contingent on him doing the q&a part first to the satisfaction of those involved. No answer the questions, no give the speech. Of course, if it was up to me, he would have never been there.

The ichbeneindeauschlander guy looked like a total goof as he denied homosexuality in his country

Funny. Back in 2001 when I was going through the officer basic course we had a Saudi Arabian 1st Lieutenant and an Egyptian Major in my class. Both said the same thing about their countries, that no one in their country is gay. We, of course, just laughed at them. They, on the other hand, weren't kidding. Very sad the state of denial they are in.

I guess when the penalty for such things can be death they are weary of admitting any knowledge of it due perhaps to fear of implication or something like that.

I guess when the penalty for such things can be death they are weary of admitting any knowledge of it due perhaps to fear of implication or something like that.

It reminds me of something I heard Yakoff Smirnoff say one time,

"We had homosexuals in Russia, they just weren't allowed to be gay about it."

and

"In Russia if it was found out that you were gay you got sent to prison...with other gay men...there was a three year waiting list for that."

Archived