The State of Alabama Invades Florida

AUesquire

A unique event will occur this Saturday as the two big time programs in the State of Alabama head south to take on two of the big boys from Florida. Although, I'm not sure that USF is not a bigger fish right now than FSU. Still, a pretty historic happening. What happens this Saturday? What do you hope happens this Saturday? Does Auburn split with the State of Florida and pull off an upset for the ages? Or do we get owned by the Sunshine State in 07'? Does Bama use the "Neutral site" in Jacksonville to slap the Noles' around or does Diddy Bowden whip up some of his old magic tricks to inspire more Bama BOTs to call the assistant coaches in the wee hours of the morning?

Realistic Breakdown:

UF faces the best defense they've seen all year with Tray and J. Wilhite back in fine form. Tray will beyotch slap Timmy Two-toes more than he's been hit all year and Auburn's incredibly underrated DBs get the props they deserve. The game turns with Auburn's offense playing the Gators off their webbed feet for 3 quarters but too many freshmen trying to make plays in their first road test against one of the top teams in the nation. In the end, a valiant effort falls short.

UF 24

AU 20

Up the road in Jacksonville, the nation gets to see the most overhyped program in the history of college football...again. All eyes and cameras will be on Nick "You fans are classless for throwing cups but my players who kick the crap out of police car windows will start but need behind the scenes tough love" Saban. Not much respect is given the Noles since their 3 quarter thrashing at the hands of the purple clad Tigers in Clemson on night #1. FSU has won out since but their offense is one word...Pathetic. No one has bothered to notice though, that the FSU D is big time good, giving up about 74 yards rushing per game. Bama's D is average at best but without doubt will not face anything from FSU close to what Arky or UGA threw at them. There's your difference. Bama has some weapons on O and will be able to do enough to get by while FSU has next to no weapons on O and will fall pitifully short.

UA 27

FSU 17

My hope is that I'm incredibly wrong and I have egg on my face Sunday morning. But, I tried to be realistic and take the homerism out of it. By the way, I like my eggs scrambled.

While I agree FSU has a good defense, their numbers are a bit misleading. They got run all over by Clemson. And their other two opponents were UAB and Colorado. The same Colorado team that managed on 39 yards on the ground against Arizona St.

I think we win this one, but the level of athlete they have on their team concerns me.

While I agree FSU has a good defense, their numbers are a bit misleading. They got run all over by Clemson. And their other two opponents were UAB and Colorado. The same Colorado team that managed on 39 yards on the ground against Arizona St.

I think we win this one, but the level of athlete they have on their team concerns me.

they have some big boys. i think again we will fail to put pressure on the QB and things might get ugly. we are simply just not big enough. our D-line wasn't recruited for a 3-4 defense though. thats something folks have to remember also. i think the passing game will finally get on track this game and we put up some numbers.

:ua: 38

FSU 20

The problem with the Clemson game is that there is no better RB duo in the country outside of the two little piggies in Fayetville. I give em' a pass on that one. I'm still not sold on UF's D yet either. They've played one D3 directional school, Troy (Who hung 31 on em') UT, who even Suck thinks they suck...and Cold Piss. If our offense had been playing anywhere close to their potential, I'd take us straight up and expect to win this game. But 426 turnovers in 4 games ain't good.

Unfortunately, like Esquire, I suspect the weekend results will be just the opposite of what I would like, i.e.:

:ua: victory, :au: loss.

One other prediction (well, really no more clairvoyant that predicting the sun will rise on Sunday): If it happens that way, Bama fans will be a-holes about it come Monday morning at work! ..and at least two or three will make snide references to our contract with FSU being terminated after Tater Tot was terminated.

Archived