One of the 4 arrestees starting

AU alum

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/p...34/1002#comment

TUSCALOOSA -- Sophomore Brandon Deaderick is likely to make the first start of his career this weekend for Alabama as defensive end Bobby Greenwood continues to recover from an ankle injury sustained in Saturday's game with Florida State.

Coach Nick Saban said Greenwood was "very questionable" for Saturday's game. That would put Deaderick, a former defensive tackle with little experience, in the starting lineup and leave the Tide with just one true backup for both defensive ends, true freshman Luther Davis.

Guess they wanted to reward him with this rather than ice cream.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/p...34/1002#comment

TUSCALOOSA -- Sophomore Brandon Deaderick is likely to make the first start of his career this weekend for Alabama as defensive end Bobby Greenwood continues to recover from an ankle injury sustained in Saturday's game with Florida State.

Coach Nick Saban said Greenwood was "very questionable" for Saturday's game. That would put Deaderick, a former defensive tackle with little experience, in the starting lineup and leave the Tide with just one true backup for both defensive ends, true freshman Luther Davis.

Guess they wanted to reward him with this rather than ice cream.

I noticed that he was in on a tackle Saturday night. Guess his Neopolitan is gone.

I will save us some time.

Insert UAT/******** spin to direct attention to Auburn's suspensions --------

"Tray Blackmon out the entire 2006 season, blah, blah, blah, Brad Lester, Cotton Bowl, out for 2007 season, blah, blah, blah"

Pick a UATer (BamaGrad, Argo, WinCriminal, BamaPerry, LegionField)

I just don't see why you guys would continue to focus on this. We got beaten up about it for 3 weeks before the season started, and it was revisited after Brandon played in the first game.

So just so we're clear, you guys gonna wait another 4 weeks and bring this up again? How about when he plays next season?

Saban doesn't have an other choice but to play Deaderick. With injuries mounting up, and only one true back-up to both the DE's, what else can he do?

I just don't see why you guys would continue to focus on this. We got beaten up about it for 3 weeks before the season started, and it was revisited after Brandon played in the first game.

So just so we're clear, you guys gonna wait another 4 weeks and bring this up again? How about when he plays next season?

I think it is more along the lines of taking a shot at the depth on the team now, instead of the 'lack of control/discipline' thing. The mighty Tide have won the recruiting battle 'instate' for some many years and has all these great recruits that we have heard about from every Tom, Dick, and Harry Bama fan and the media.

(I'll save you the trouble, "What media or what fans have said we have better recruiting classes then Auburn? I have been commenting for the past 2 years we have had our butts handed to us in recruiting by UT and Auburn."-- BamaGrad)

It sure did look like JPW had a few drinks before the game last Saturday. He couldn't hit a 10 yard slant route. But, Eli Gold said the wind was really blowing, the ENTIRE GAME.

PF sumed it up yesterday for the Tide Nation. "There is no 'real' depth on this Tide team. They just aren't that talented. All this talk about McElroy getting into the game for a couple of series, like in a reliever role for John Wilson is crazy. Nick puts the best players on the field that are going to give him the best shot at winning the game, period. We are going to have to wait till Nick gets his own players in there."

Guest Tigrinum Major

Because he is now a starter. I guess hanging out with Simeon Castille has improved his character.

Nick Saban = Al Davis. Just win, baby.

Well, PF doesn't know much about football either. We do have depth in some areas. WR, RB, and some spots on the OL. You are right about some of our depth, and that would be front 7. Shula recruited skill players pretty well. But even in his best classes, he always lost recruiting battles for LBs and DTs. And we are really feeling that right now.

I like our secondary, and I like guys like Zeke Knight and Gilberry. But when you have a true freshman starting from day one at one of your two LB spots, it tells you something.

We are thin on the dline and could ill afford to lose Greenwood. And Greenwood hasn't proved to be a gamebreaker. So that tells you where we are there.

We have three true freshmen starters on our OL. Maybe McClain was just better than what you had.

Oh I agree, he is better. I'm just saying that tells you where we are. Linebacker isn't a spot where you normally see a true freshman come in and start...that is, unless you are quite thin.

O line is normal for true freshmen to start? Who knew?

No it's not normal. And mirroring my point, you are quite thin there. That is evidenced by the fact that you are dead last in the SEC with 14 sacks allowed.

I will save us some time.

Insert UAT/******** spin to direct attention to Auburn's suspensions --------

"Tray Blackmon out the entire 2006 season, blah, blah, blah, Brad Lester, Cotton Bowl, out for 2007 season, blah, blah, blah"

Pick a UATer (BamaGrad, Argo, WinCriminal, BamaPerry, LegionField)

I've never defended this kind of stuff. You are right. He should not be playing, just like the linebacker from FSU shouldn't have played. No one that gets in legal troubles should be playing, imo....

Saban doesn't have an other choice but to play Deaderick. With injuries mounting up, and only one true back-up to both the DE's, what else can he do?

Hence, no suspension. If he had been a third string WR, Saban would have made an example of him and all of the talk would have been about "the new sheriff in town". As it is, you get,"boy, we sure are thin at DT, maybe we should just let this one slide for now....but don't let it happen again".

Archived