What, they don't give degrees on the Strip?

quietfan

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere....xml&coll=3

-- LOOKING BACK: Football posted the lowest graduation rate of UA's 16 sports among students entering school from 1997 to 2000.

Crimson Tide football came in at 49 percent, according to figures released this week by the NCAA. The men's basketball program was at 80 percent.

Six sports -- five of them on the women's side were at 100 percent: Men's tennis, women's golf, gymnastics, soccer, softball and volleyball.

...less than half the football team?? Even with the Human Resources/"Home Ec" major? :blink: Two suggestions to help them out: 1) Hold classes on the Strip after midnight, and 2) tutoring sessions at city lock-up. B)

One question: 2000 freshman should have graduated by 2004 at least--why so late in releasing these stats, or why no stats from 2001 or later?

Congrats to those sports that hit 100%, by the way. :thumbsup:

Some do not matriculate in four years. I was 5 years at :au: due to family illness, for example. There are also losses in time collecting data due to transfers to other schools not being communicated clearly/reported promptly.

In everyone's defense, that was under Dubose for bama, and CTB and only 2 years for CTT for us. That was a long time ago.

I cdould not even tell you who the basketball coaches were back then.

Some do not matriculate in four years. I was 5 years at :au: due to family illness, for example. There are also losses in time collecting data due to transfers to other schools not being communicated clearly/reported promptly.

Actually, I was counting five falls--2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004--but I should have said 2005 since normal graduation after five years would be spring of 2005, not fall of 2004. Five years is perfectly normal in these days of redshirts, I think. How many years does the NCAA allow under the new APR standards?

In any case, regardless of coach or turmoil, I think more than 49% of football freshman should graduate.

Archived