from Roll' Bama Roll'

JohnDeere

I actually look at it as an improvement over last year if you're dropping back to pass more this year, and have less sacks. Just a thought. Bama has a lot of issues, but an improvement in the O-line isn't it. If it's anything, it's still lack of talent (just due to it being the same kids there), or lack of a better blocking scheme that's making the running game suffer.

JMO...

I think our running game is pretty good this year. VASTLY improved over last season.

We are 5th in the SEC in rushing with 183 ypg and 4.7 yards per touch.

Our big problem on O has been 3rd down conversions.

I think our running game is pretty good this year. VASTLY improved over last season.

We are 5th in the SEC in rushing with 183 ypg and 4.7 yards per touch.

Okay, on that one I'd like to see what you do against an LSU, Tenn or Auburn.

813 of your 1100 rushing yards so far came against WC, VDY, HSTN, & FSU (Teams with questionable talent on Defense.) 287 yds total against GA & ARK.

313 alone against WCU...

Just sayin'.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that FSU is 11th in the nation in rushing defense, and would rank 2nd in the SEC.

And back to the original point of the thread, last year we couldn't run on even the crappy teams.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that FSU is 11th in the nation in rushing defense, and would rank 2nd in the SEC.

And back to the original point of the thread, last year we couldn't run on even the crappy teams.

No problem with that. You did in FACT, run all over a crappy team (313 against WCU).

As far as FSU, you only ran for 89 yards against them, your poorest showing. So if they were #2 in the SEC, it only reinforces me saying, that I'd like to see you produce against top defenses first. (Auburn and LSU are #3 and #1 in rushing defense respectively, #1 & #2 in total defense....something to think about moving forward.)

You could have some luck with Tennessee. They are 9th in the league at this point, and are allowing over 180 yds a game. :thumbsup:

UT's defense is one of the worst we will face this year. Just horrible.

Ole Miss is dead last allowing over 208 yds a game. Two good games (Ole Miss & Tenn) to improve your O-line play, and running game before you get towards the end vs. AU & LSU. If your O-line stumbles through these next two games, you've GOT to be concerned about their abilities capping off the year.

...One thing we had under Fran was a solid Oline. ...

And a rope to hold. Don't forget the rope!

Did he take that rope to aTm?

Just askin' ....

InDNo

So why are you throwin' the ball so damn much?! And that's a serious question. Not a flame.

InDNo

The situations have warranted more passing. We weren't running well against FSU and had terrible field position all day. So we threw it a ton in the 2nd half. We were behind all day against UGA, so we threw it a ton in the 2nd half.

Arkansas has the worst secondary in the lower 48, so we threw it a ton all game.

I have to give it to the bammers here.

Their O-line play is getting a bit better and JPW is stepping up in the pocket some to alleviate pressure that gets around the back side.

Things aren't amazing, but small steps gain small rewards. Id say their Redzone offense is a lot better this year but they don't seem to be getting to the red zone as often.

Can someone look the stats up? It always seemed the bama team last year would carve up 50-60 yards really quick then stifle in the last 20 due to a dead ground game and more pass rush from a smaller field to protect.

i posted the following in another thread

just to give everyone an idea of the numbers we're talking....

last season we were 40-53 (75.5%) on RZ attempts with 20 TDs. we were ranked 7th in the SEC in RZ scoring

this season we are 22-24 (91.7%) on RZ attempts with 16 TDs. we are ranked 4th in the SEC right now.

at the current pace we would be pretty close to the same number of RZ attempts as last season, but we're scoring alot more and we're scoring more TDs. only 4 TDs away from tying last season's TDs and we're only 6 games into the season. i don't think we have really slipped in actually getting there......it just seems to be that maybe its a rough road getting there. the numbers for this season are with our offense struggling through a few games. so i'm not all that dissatisfied with the red zone play.

UAT's first six games of 2006 (4-2)

Hawaii, Vandy, ULM, Arkansas, Florida, Duke

UAT's first six games of 2007 (4-2)

Western Carolina, Vandy, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida St., Houston

Shula coached against and lost to TWO TEN WIN TEAMS at this point in the year. Comparing the two seasons really doesnt jive till later on. You never know what will happen. Do we really see :arky: , :uga: , or FSU as a 10 game winner right now?

I truly think Shula was a pretty good coach with a probation hangover. He wasnt going to win a MNC or an :sec: but he wasnt as bad some want to claim either. He came into situational HELL and took it on the chin for the school he loves. He deserves some respect for at least diving into that mess if nothing else.

Shula coached against and lost to TWO TEN WIN TEAMS at this point in the year. Comparing the two seasons really doesnt jive till later on. You never know what will happen. Do we really see , , or FSU as a 10 game winner right now?

That may be true, but we are talking about how our offense has performed compared to last year. And 10 wins or not, Arkansas had a crappy defense last year too. JPW carved them up for 320 and 2 Touches.

At this point last year we had faced 1 good defense (Florida). This year we have faced 2.

UT's defense is one of the worst we will face this year. Just horrible.

Ask UGA how horrible UT's defense is. They still have talent and John Chavis coaching them. They seem to be getting their problems sorted out.

Right. UT is a awful team. Go ahead and chalk that one up in the WIN colum..............right?

Archived