Honest discussion about A&M coaching situation

BamaGrad03

No this isn't a CTT to A&M thread. This is an "assume A&M fires Fran" thread. Assuming he get's fired, and CTT isn't an option...who are some likely candidates?

I posted this on the CTT on Rumors thread but I'll repost here:

If they insist on a head coach, they'll look at Chris Peterson (Boise St.), Jim Leavitt (USF), Gene Chizik (Iowa St.) and Greg Schiano (Rutgers).

If they are willing to look at coordinators, top of the list will be Bo Pelini (DC @ LSU) followed by Al Borges, Jimbo Fisher, Brent Venables (DC @ Oklahoma) and perhaps Charlie Strong (DC @ Florida).

Honestly, out of that whole bunch, I'd grab a defensive minded coach first. You have to have that to win in the Big XII. So I'd take either Gene Chizik or Bo Pelini.

Forgot about Jeff Tedford at Cal. He'd be a really good choice as long as you pair him with a solid DC. If he can make Cal a winner, he can certainly do the same with A&M.

leavitt

That's who I'd want if I were them, but he's been courted by almost everyone and has remained loyal to the program he built from scratch.

Leavitt isn't going anywhere.

leavitt

That's who I'd want if I were them, but he's been courted by almost everyone and has remained loyal to the program he built from scratch.

Leavitt isn't going anywhere.

agreed. especially when he knows that after this season, he will probably get whatever he wants at USF. and i'm sure they would do whatever it took to keep him there for that matter.

I have heard Bo Pellinni's name thrown around about as much as CTT lately about A&M.

Either he or Chizik would make a good choice for that program, but I don't see them going after Chizik.

they won't got after Chzizk due to the fact he spent two years in Austin. Reading their boards bears a striking resemblance to ours last November with just pie in the sky names that are not even possible. I would think a strong DC would get a real hard look and with the money they can throw around a guy like Tedford or Leavitt would listen. The job could be a goldmine if the right staff came in.

I posted this on the CTT on Rumors thread but I'll repost here:

If they insist on a head coach, they'll look at Chris Peterson (Boise St.), Jim Leavitt (USF), Gene Chizik (Iowa St.) and Greg Schiano (Rutgers).

If they are willing to look at coordinators, top of the list will be Bo Pelini (DC @ LSU) followed by Al Borges, Jimbo Fisher, Brent Venables (DC @ Oklahoma) and perhaps Charlie Strong (DC @ Florida).

Honestly, out of that whole bunch, I'd grab a defensive minded coach first. You have to have that to win in the Big XII. So I'd take either Gene Chizik or Bo Pelini.

Muschamp will be a head coach before Borges.

Saban. $4.05 milion per year and he goes to Aggie-land. Remember, according to texag they have more money than anyone else.

It doesn't matter that they were burned with Coach Fran 5 years ago, they will do it again to exact revenge on Bama for letting them get a lemon. Funny thing is that would be two lemons in a row. Some sort of Bear curse must be in there somewhere.

Maybe because it's a slow week...and that has the potential to be the 2nd highest profile vacancy this coming offseason.

And the number one vacancy would be Michigan? I wonder who they will go after.

What about Bobby Johnson? I think he's done a good job at Vandy, given what he has to work with.

And I don't think it's a question of "if" aTm gets rid of Fran. I think he's fired at the end of the season, if not sooner. If aTm doesn't fire him for not reporting that money, I bet the feds get him on tax evasion (assuming that he didn't report the money on his 1040).

What about Bobby Johnson? I think he's done a good job at Vandy, given what he has to work with.

And I don't think it's a question of "if" aTm gets rid of Fran. I think he's fired at the end of the season, if not sooner. If aTm doesn't fire him for not reporting that money, I bet the feds get him on tax evasion (assuming that he didn't report the money on his 1040).

http://pigskinsandprose.blogspot.com

InDNo

Archived