Please Explain to me the reason!

Bluemound Freak

THAT YOU KICK THAT BALL LIKE THAT WITH LESS THAN THREE TO GO????????????????

That is by far the most bonehead call I have ever seen! Then not call a timeout and give your team at least a shot after the FG or TD!

THAT YOU KICK THAT BALL LIKE THAT WITH LESS THAN THREE TO GO????????????????

That is by far the most bonehead call I have ever seen! Then not call a timeout and give your team at least a shot after the FG or TD!

Couldn't have said it any better! The last kick, the return guy called for a fair catch. The time before he fumbled it. I'd rather take my chances in having the guy try to return it, then to just give them great field position. Also, can our defender not turn around and look at the ball? What good does it do to tackle the receiver in the endzone? The touchdown still stands. We could have won this game. That is what's so sickening!

My guess is he knew something about the situation that we don't. Whatever you may think of him, CTT is not stupid. He had something in mind, but I think our D was so blown at that point, it just didn't come close to gel'ing. Our special teams, Byrum excepted, have been pretty shaky this season, so maybe he thought the bad field position was worth it as opposed to something worse happening...we'll never know, but I just don't think it's as simple as it seemed.

My guess is he knew something about the situation that we don't. Whatever you may think of him, CTT is not stupid. He had something in mind, but I think our D was so blown at that point, it just didn't come close to gel'ing. Our special teams, Byrum excepted, have been pretty shaky this season, so maybe he thought the bad field position was worth it as opposed to something worse happening...we'll never know, but I just don't think it's as simple as it seemed.

I've been lying prostrate on my bathroom floor for the last hour....Now that I've gotten I will reserve judgement until I hear from Tubby why he squibbed that kick. Barring the fact that it was accidental which I cannot imagine as it looked like he meant to do it, it just makes not sense not to kick it deep. There were many plays that determined the outcome of the game. We were shutdown for most of the 2nd half until the final drive. But I just want to know if anyone can think of a more devastating loss. Georgia of 2003 is up there when David Greene threw a td at the end of the game with under a minute. But other than that I can't come up with one. I felt like someone cut my insides open and laid them out on the table. I felt physical pain when I saw the LSU receiver catch the ball. That's okay WDE let's learn from this one and win the rest. We played well enough to win. That was a ballsy and stupid play by Miles. It worked out for him but eventually it's gonna bite him in the butt....Let's get ready for Ole Miss b/c there is no such thing as an easy game in the sec

WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that squibb kick crap doesn't work.Let's work on tackling in the coverage game so we don't have to revert to crazy schemes and tricks to even the playing field.

Plain an simple football kick deep tackle the guy who gets the ball.

Like someone else mentioned -- our KO coverage has not been stellar this year. I'm sure that CTT was worried about Holladay (sp?) in the open field. I know I was. That guy is flat out dangerous.

Give LSU some credit. The last play was a great call and it was executed perfectly. Flynn made a tremendous pass & Byrd hauled it in despite the close defensive coverage.

Like someone else mentioned -- our KO coverage has not been stellar this year. I'm sure that CTT was worried about Holladay (sp?) in the open field. I know I was. That guy is flat out dangerous.

Give LSU some credit. The last play was a great call and it was executed perfectly. Flynn made a tremendous pass & Byrd hauled it in despite the close defensive coverage.

read: "powers running really close to him with his back turned to the ball. like every play by our db's. ever."

I said it on another post and I'll say it again.......The game difference was our squibb kick and you have to give Miles credit. He had enough guts to go for the TD with time running out and Tubs didn't have enough guts to kick it deep and chance Holliday running it back. In my judgment, it was very poor decision but they don't pay me to make those decisions. It's also possible that Byrum didn't kick it right and CTT can't criticize his own players. If that's the case, I admire him.

Archived