Will Alabama beat Auburn?

Legionfield

What are your early predictions for the Iron Bowl? I am gaining confidence with every game. I really like the direction we are headed with Saban. He is recruiting "lights out" and will continue to. If you stockpile talent, you will win....a lot(See LSU). I am excited about the future. I hope we can make the Iron Bowl a rivalry again....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you guys will win by forfeit. During the off week, CTT and his staff will realize that we don't deserve to be on the field with a Saban coached team. Jay Jacobs will rename the stadium Pat Dye Field at Saban is my Daddy stadium. All Auburn fans will relish memories of the thumb while you guys are getting prosthetic devices to count the streak.

Hunter S. Thompson said, "There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge." I would say the same thing about a man who is hooked on Saban crack.

I think things come crashing back to earth for the Tide at this year's Iron Bowl. Heck, it might just happen against Mississippi State.

You saw a brilliant coaching attempt against the LSU Tigers. I saw an Alabama offense that couldn't run the ball, and had an incredibly short field on four different LSU turnovers, benefitted from several LSU drives halted because of really sloppy penalties, and still couldn't win the game. Even after LSU was worn out from a long, brutal series of games against ranked opponents. You couldn't protect the quarterback, and were only in the game because Flynn practically giftwrapped three interceptions.

Sorry. Auburn will be rested and pretty determined to roll up a newspaper and put your undermanned team in its place. I see a repeat of the 05 Sack Brodie game.

I thought it was illegal to sign recruits before February?! That textbook deal may just be the beginning!!!

If CNS is signing guys this early....big trouble lies ahead!!!! :poke:

Hunter S. Thompson said, "There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge." I would say the same thing about a man who is hooked on Saban crack.

I think things come crashing back to earth for the Tide at this year's Iron Bowl. Heck, it might just happen against Mississippi State.

You saw a brilliant coaching attempt against the LSU Tigers. I saw an Alabama offense that couldn't run the ball, and had an incredibly short field on four different LSU turnovers, benefitted from several LSU drives halted because of really sloppy penalties, and still couldn't win the game. Even after LSU was worn out from a long, brutal series of games against ranked opponents. You couldn't protect the quarterback, and were only in the game because Flynn practically giftwrapped three interceptions.

Sorry. Auburn will be rested and pretty determined to roll up a newspaper and put your undermanned team in its place. I see a repeat of the 05 Sack Brodie game.

Wow, there is not a shortage of confidence in this bunch..... B) However, the times they are a changin..... :homer:

I don't think his current recruiting is going to help us any this year.

I didn't say it would.

What is amazing is just how much confidence a moral victory against LSU has given the bammer nation. LSU in their worst outing of the season gift-wrapped a game for Alabama and they still lost it. Please, please, PLEASE continue to overlook Mississippi State in your 11:30 kickoff in Starkville. Please, oh please look past them to the Iron Bowl.

What is amazing is just how much confidence a moral victory against LSU has given the bammer nation. LSU in their worst outing of the season gift-wrapped a game for Alabama and they still lost it. Please, please, PLEASE continue to overlook Mississippi State in your 11:30 kickoff in Starkville. Please, oh please look past them to the Iron Bowl.

ok....but, does it really matter if we lose to MSU? After what we have been through over the last few years, big deal. Heck, it might even help Nick motivate them more for the Iron Bowl.

Here's my prediction: If Auburn loses to UGA then we will beat uat, but if we beat UGA, then we lose to uat.

So, what exactly is it that makes you start to believe Bama will win? Blowing a 60 point lead to a completely one-dimensional Arky team? Losing to UGA? That epic victory over Ole Miss when the refs gave you the game? You can argue but just plain sad that you'd have to. Holding on for dear life against mighty Houston on the last play of the game? Doing nothing at all and losing to FSU? Losing to an LSU team on your own home field with LSU playing their worst game of the season where they had 14 penalties, 412 turnovers and Les Miles as the coach (Who apparently outcoached the $4 million man) Or was it JP Wilson's 14-40 performance and absolutely zero running game? Having ALL your "Big games" at home except the Iron Bowl and what most analysts said was the easiest schedule in the conference and just not getting it done?

Yeah, I'd look at all that and say, "You know, I'm feeling better every day about the Iron Bowl."

This is Shula all over again. Close wins, close losses. Still 6-3 and claiming your 3672nd moral vicotry in a row. Coach Nick Shula.

1. We have to get through Georgia first, can't overlook them and Knowshaun Moreno.

2. We have an off week before the Iron Bowl, makes time to get healthy.

Don' t need to be worried about beating Bama yet.

1. We have to get through Georgia first, can't overlook them and Knowshaun Moreno.

2. We have an off week before the Iron Bowl, makes time to get healthy.

Don' t need to be worried about beating Bama yet.

Don't need to worry period.

I'll be shocked if we win.

So, what exactly is it that makes you start to believe Bama will win? Blowing a 60 point lead to a completely one-dimensional Arky team? Losing to UGA? That epic victory over Ole Miss when the refs gave you the game? You can argue but just plain sad that you'd have to. Holding on for dear life against mighty Houston on the last play of the game? Doing nothing at all and losing to FSU? Losing to an LSU team on your own home field with LSU playing their worst game of the season where they had 14 penalties, 412 turnovers and Les Miles as the coach (Who apparently outcoached the $4 million man) Or was it JP Wilson's 14-40 performance and absolutely zero running game? Having ALL your "Big games" at home except the Iron Bowl and what most analysts said was the easiest schedule in the conference and just not getting it done?

Yeah, I'd look at all that and say, "You know, I'm feeling better every day about the Iron Bowl."

This is Shula all over again. Close wins, close losses. Still 6-3 and claiming your 3672nd moral vicotry in a row. Coach Nick Shula.

Just a feeling.... :big: Honestly, I never thought we would win under Shula. I believe this team is light years ahead of Shula's. Three losses to very good, talented teams. Nothing to be ashamed of.....

This team is light year's ahead of Shula's, I agree.

Yet, you still can't say we're in Auburn's league with a straight face. Are we getting there? Yes. Can we win? Yes, but not in the majority of times.

They're simply the better team, and I've got a strong feeling we'll see that again this year. I see a 35-31 AU win in the near future.

This team is light year's ahead of Shula's, I agree.

Yet, you still can't say we're in Auburn's league with a straight face. Are we getting there? Yes. Can we win? Yes, but not in the majority of times.

They're simply the better team, and I've got a strong feeling we'll see that again this year. I see a 35-31 AU win in the near future.

That's enough points for two Iron Bowls-- maybe three. B)

For us, maybe.

Nah, I do see a high scoring game this season.

I don't think either offense will be consistently stopped, regardless of how inept both have looked at certain times.

Talent battling it out on the field ultimately decides these games. However, I think Alabama is falling far enough behind Auburn that it's becoming a mental issue in a positive way for Auburn, and a negative for Bama.

I see Auburn dominating Alabama like Florida dominated Georgia for so long. It's getting to the point, where Auburn players and staff just expect, and will get themselves focused into a mindset that they can't lose this game. It's just not supposed to happen, and they're not going to let it happen on their guard (sound familiar bama???).

Outstanding Alabama teams could find this a harder than expected road to hoe. I could see this game being domintated by Auburn (especially with the young complete, and talented group we have) for literally another few years before Bama slips one in on us.

I base this on what I've seen from other rivalries that have gotten to this point.

We'll see how things pan out.

For us, maybe.

Nah, I do see a high scoring game this season.

I don't think either offense will be consistently stopped, regardless of how inept both have looked at certain times.

I think just the opposite. I think our defense will do fine against your offense. I think your D will come out and play inspired football, but depth and talent will push us out a victory in the end.

Our defense won't have an answer for your runningbacks. I'm fairly confident of that.

The recent play of freshman DB Kareem Jackson gives me some hope of sticking with your receivers on quick slants. I don't necessarily seeing us getting beat deep, either, but rather being nickled and dimed down the field all day.

If Auburn comes out and sticks with the game plan, they should get a rather easy victory, regardless of the final score.

Archived