Will Alabama beat Auburn?

Legionfield

Yup. They beat us that day. We played horribly, and they won. No disputing that. I don't think either one of our schools look at the past games, or history as any kind of serious rivalry like the Iron Bowl. Who knows, but I don't agree that Miss St > Auburn.

I had you pegged as a "The better team didn't win" kinda guy. What do I win?

Why keep giving you numbers?

I have no idea. I figured you were just a little slow.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. They beat us that day. We played horribly, and they won. No disputing that. I don't think either one of our schools look at the past games, or history as any kind of serious rivalry like the Iron Bowl. Who knows, but I don't agree that Miss St > Auburn.

I had you pegged as a "The better team didn't win" kinda guy. What do I win?

Why keep giving you numbers?

I have no idea. I figured you were just a little slow.

I give MSU credit for the win. It's just my opinion that we're still the better team, and we had a bad game. Nothing wrong, or strange about that. If we get "beaten", I've got absolutely no problem giving credit where credit is due. You being a bama fan, just don't have any past history to base that on.

As far as the "slow" comment, it's the not the dumbest thing you've said in this thread, but it's right up there.

Seriously..... Keep chuggin' little engine... If you post with all your heart, you will be victorious, no matter what the outcome. We're all in this together. You just keep postin with your bama brother right next to you and there's no mountain you can't climb.

:thumbsup:

I give MSU credit for the win. It's just my opinion that we're still the better team, and we had a bad game. Nothing wrong, or strange about that. If we get "beaten", I've got absolutely no problem giving credit where credit is due.

If you are still the better team and had a bad game, where exactly are you giving MSU credit for the win? You essentially are saying that AU is better and only lost because you had a bad game.

As far as the "slow" comment, it's the not the dumbest thing you've said in this thread, but it's right up there.

You are right. I was dumb for saying a "little" slow.

Just a quick note..... Please refer back a few pages to see civil conversation between me and WinCrimson....

It IS possible to have a conversation..... BG, and Argo decided to get defensive against my opinion, and well....you know...

Back to football!

Should be a LOW scoring game, as I was saying....

I DO believe Alabama has a chance in this game. Both teams have had their good and bad games this year, and depending which team shows for either side, will dictate what type of game we'll see at the end of this month.

Right now, we need to play Georgia, and either way get out of there with all our players!

If we win at Georgia, stay healthy, and our D plays like it has, we SHOULD win the game again against Alabama.

I give MSU credit for the win. It's just my opinion that we're still the better team, and we had a bad game. Nothing wrong, or strange about that. If we get "beaten", I've got absolutely no problem giving credit where credit is due.

If you are still the better team and had a bad game, where exactly are you giving MSU credit for the win? You essentially are saying that AU is better and only lost because you had a bad game.

You are right. I was dumb for saying a "little" slow.

Forgive me Argo, but really, your tangent arguement is old, and not worth anymore time. If you seriously think you've made a point (and you haven't), then go grab you a cookie out of the jar, a glass of milk and sing a song of victory to yourself. Whatever it takes to pacify your idiotic direction tonight....

I've seen much better from you in the past...

I don't follow this logic. Miss. St. played well that day. Deserved the win. Earned it. Now, does that mean that I think they would beat Auburn tomorrow? Hardly. I suspect Auburn beats them about 9 out of 10. For whatever reason, Auburn had a slow start and is now a much better team. The fact remains, however, that we played then and they won. There's no diminishing that reality. But I suspect Croom doesn't sit around thinking he's turned the corner on Auburn.

I don't follow this logic. Miss. St. played well that day. Deserved the win. Earned it. Now, does that mean that I think they would beat Auburn tomorrow? Hardly. I suspect Auburn beats them about 9 out of 10. For whatever reason, Auburn had a slow start and is now a much better team. The fact remains, however, that we played then and they won. There's no diminishing that reality. But I suspect Croom doesn't sit around thinking he's turned the corner on Auburn.

The difference between your post and Chopper's post is that you actually gave MSU credit for the win. "Deserved the win. Earned it." Chopper did not. He said that Auburn was the better team but had a bad day. That is not giving credit to MSU.

I agree with you that Auburn would beat Miss St 9 times out of 10. My only point was and still is, anything can happen. It did against AU earlier this year. It can against Bama this saturday. Crunching all the numbers from the last 25 years and talking about mental issues have little to do with the game.

The difference between your post and Chopper's post is that you actually gave MSU credit for the win. "Deserved the win. Earned it." Chopper did not. He said that Auburn was the better team but had a bad day. That is not giving credit to MSU.

I agree with you that Auburn would beat Miss St 9 times out of 10. My only point was and still is, anything can happen. It did against AU earlier this year. It can against Bama this saturday. Crunching all the numbers from the last 25 years and talking about mental issues have little to do with the game.

I stand by what I said. I think it could be asertained pretty easily what I am saying is basically what TexasTiger said. I give credit to MSU for taking advantage of our mistakes that day. They walked out of there with the win. I'm simply standing by the fact that if we had NOT made even HALF of the mistakes and turnovers that day, we win hands down. That's NOT some kind of jerk, no credit giving reaction.

You're being a completely narrow minded assclown here, and you know it. You just want to argue no matter what, and if you can squeeze in a point then fine, but it doesn't mean I don't give teams "credit" when it's deserved. Trust me, the last person on the face of this earth, that will EVER preach to me about giving credit where it's due, is a Bama fan.

Now, as far as my original post, that HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MSU!.... IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH A BIG RIVALRY GAME LIKE THE IRON BOWL!

Talent battling it out on the field ultimately decides these games. However, I think Alabama is falling far enough behind Auburn that it's becoming a mental issue in a positive way for Auburn, and a negative for Bama.

I see Auburn dominating Alabama like Florida dominated Georgia for so long. It's getting to the point, where Auburn players and staff just expect, and will get themselves focused into a mindset that they can't lose this game. It's just not supposed to happen, and they're not going to let it happen on their guard (sound familiar bama???).

Outstanding Alabama teams could find this a harder than expected road to hoe. I could see this game being domintated by Auburn (especially with the young complete, and talented group we have) for literally another few years before Bama slips one in on us.

I base this on what I've seen from other rivalries that have gotten to this point.

We'll see how things pan out.

There's not an F'n thing wrong with what I said. Taking it down the MSU tangent was a bunch of BS. You wasted 2 pages on that crap. Unbelievable. You'll never stop either, you'll crunch, bury and crap your slacks forever to not let anyone else make a point.

while he may be brash, immature and moderately annoying, chopper has a point. the fact that the title of this thread alludes to the idea that bammer fans are finally mustering the courage to think that they MIGHT beat auburn this year (a very real possibility every year, as i'm sure your logic has been trying to convey) shows that bammers everywhere have lost faith in their ability to take us down. while i love to see this trend and would grin from ear to ear if it continued long into the milennium, i know that eventually bammer is going to get a grip and get back in contention. right now, though, auburn has squashed you enough times in a row that there is an obvious feeling that one of the two programs has moved a good bit ahead of the other (though this year the playing field has leveled a tad more than i'm comfortable with), and that a pretty serious game of catch-up is in order. this has already been initiated by those in turdtown with deep enough pockets, and with the recruiting class headed to that run-down hole to try and regain the glory days, i'm sure the future will be a lot more interesting come this time of year. BUT at this point, if we continue to streak it out over your boys, the hate and angst just grows and grows and grows...

long story short, :au: is under your skin, your team's skin, and soon your napoleonic fuhrer's dried-up husk. you want to try and deny that?

while he may be brash, immature and moderately annoying, chopper has a point. the fact that the title of this thread alludes to the idea that bammer fans are finally mustering the courage to think that they MIGHT beat auburn this year (a very real possibility every year, as i'm sure your logic has been trying to convey) shows that bammers everywhere have lost faith in their ability to take us down. while i love to see this trend and would grin from ear to ear if it continued long into the milennium, i know that eventually bammer is going to get a grip and get back in contention. right now, though, auburn has squashed you enough times in a row that there is an obvious feeling that one of the two programs has moved a good bit ahead of the other (though this year the playing field has leveled a tad more than i'm comfortable with), and that a pretty serious game of catch-up is in order. this has already been initiated by those in turdtown with deep enough pockets, and with the recruiting class headed to that run-down hole to try and regain the glory days, i'm sure the future will be a lot more interesting come this time of year. BUT at this point, if we continue to streak it out over your boys, the hate and angst just grows and grows and grows...

long story short, :au: is under your skin, your team's skin, and soon your napoleonic fuhrer's dried-up husk. you want to try and deny that?

while he may be brash, immature and moderately annoying

this is true about 90% of the posters on here...including yourself sometimes Fmnstr...

I'm glad you "get it" though.... I didn't think my point was ALL that hard to understand....

while he may be brash, immature and moderately annoying

this is true about 90% of the posters on here...including yourself sometimes Fmnstr...

I'm glad you "get it" though.... I didn't think my point was ALL that hard to understand....

i'd say it's true of just about everyone at some point, but i'll say one thing for you, you're always true to character. good on ya.

Talent battling it out on the field ultimately decides these games. However, I think Alabama is falling far enough behind Auburn that it's becoming a mental issue in a positive way for Auburn, and a negative for Bama.

Falling far enough behind? Really? So you think losing to LSU by the same margin we did, scoring 9 points on Arkansas, being up 10-3 on Ole Miss with 3 mins to go, losing to MSU, and losing to USF are indications of your program being light years ahead of us?

And I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from. Granted, your defense has proven to be a good bit better than ours, but we've won our share of games this year. And if we play you like we did UT, I think it would take your best game of the year to beat us.

You are a dick....carry on

Could Bamar beat Auburn...? Certainly...as we know, anything can happen.

Will Bamar beat Auburn. Probably not. Auburn is the better team, with more depth...and a MUCH better defense.

That said...we'll have to wait and see what happens. :)

:au::homer:

My prediction....PAIN...for Alabama.

mrt_rockyiii.jpg

I hope they have many years of "this could be the year we beat them" fantasies ahead. Enjoy, and see what it's like to wear the shoe on the other foot!

I didn't have a problem with assertion that Auburn is the better team right now. I took umbrage when Chopper said that we are falling further behind.

Which is basically saying we haven't closed the gap since our 6-7 team last year.

And that is asinine. Alabama got worse from game 1 to game 12 last year. We have obviously improved, not only from last year to this year, but as the season has progressed as well.

And I think last year's AU team would beat this year's AU team.

Why is it not a rivalry right now? Because Auburn has won 5 straight? That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. It's a rivalry and always will be.

"I hope the iron bowl can become a rivalry again" - what does that mean? Is it only a rivalry if Alabama wins every game? If it isn't a rivalry now, and if it isn't a rivalry if Alabama wins every game, then you are "hoping" that Auburn wins some Iron Bowls? Outside of the 2005 Iron Bowl, the games have been competitive. Bama has led in 2004 and 2006 and made 2003 close in the 3rd quarter.

I stand by my point from a few weeks ago. This Alabama team reminds me of the 2005 team. They barely beat teams they should blow out and then get one signature win (Florida in 05, Tenn this year). They are on cloud nine and talking about how they're back...get ready for the championships to pour in. If I remember right from 2005, there were 11 sacks and Bama looked like it couldn't beat Auburn's scout team that day. Whether or not that is the case again this year remains to be seen, but I think our D is going to put a hurting on JPW much like they did to Brodie in 2005.

I didn't have a problem with assertion that Auburn is the better team right now.

Really? You pop up like a mole in the ground anytime someone makes that assertion.

I took umbrage when Chopper said that we are falling further behind.

HAHA...you said "umbrage". Really, who uses the term "umbrage" in conversations? Is this a newspaper write up, or guys (and some gals) talking football? I remember the terms "Overly Verbose Win..."...oh nevermind...

Which is basically saying we haven't closed the gap since our 6-7 team last year.

And that is asinine. Alabama got worse from game 1 to game 12 last year. We have obviously improved, not only from last year to this year, but as the season has progressed as well.

...and this affected the one rivalry game against us how? Was this the case every year you lost to Auburn? Did your progress go from good to bad every year you lost? Can we just add that to the excuse list? I'm sure somebody has a list on paper somewhere...

WHERE'S THE SCRIBE!?!?!

And I think last year's AU team would beat this year's AU team.

Really, I think I answered your question raised in "umbrage" pages ago before Argo decided to go coockoo on everyone last night.

Here it is again...

Until you win, you're steadily falling further behind us. Losing a 6th would "continue" the fall as it pertains to your rivalry with AUBURN. This really doesn't have anything to do with games vs. Arkansas, LSU, or Bumblescrew U. Think about it that way.

Not trying to be a dick either of course.

:thumbsup:

I've been hesitant to look at this thread because of the title. It seems to not have much meat to it as I expected. However, I think Loggerhead said it the best. I had a couple of additional comments to add though.

Losing to LSU by the same margin we did: The margin of defeat being equal is mere conincidence because two games were nowhere near comparable. Against AU, Matt Flynn had a career night passing against the best defense he'll see all year, including a thread-the-needle last second TD pass to win. Against uat, Flynn hardly played his best game against a defense that, to be charitable, isn't all that good.

Doucet came back with a stand out game against us. Our game seemed to be the only game LSU recievers have consistently caught the ball

Scoring 9 points on Arky: You conveniently forget the AU defense held Arky's Dynamic Duo to less than 100 yds each -- something no other team has been able to do, btw. I don't even think LSU will be able to duplicate that feat. CTT is famous for playing just enough to win. No one will ever be able to tag him with the label of running up the score. both our leading rushers had more individual yards than the "dynamic duo's combanation of yardage

Being up 10-3 against Ole Miss with 3 min to go: See the rationale for the Arky game. The AU D had the game completely in control. Your team needed the refs to help you out in the last few seconds against Ole Miss. The AU D never was in that precarious a position. Besides, AU still won by 2 TDs.

Losing to MSU & USF: 5-6 turnovers a game will usually lose you a game. I don't care who the opponent is, unless they just aren't any good (reference the LSU-uat game.) That's what happened to AU against both of those teams. Turnovers killed them. This was also before our line came together as a unit with the implementation of the freshmen

Can uat win? Sure they can -- but it will take their best game of the year combined with a huge turnover margin in their favor coupled with a complete breakdown by Muschamp's defense.

Ultimately, does this mean we will dominate UAT? Of course not. Does it mean we are guaranteed a win? Can you ever do that? What it boils down to is that Auburn has the better team this year. We have more depth and experienced (in working together) coaching staff. UAT could certainly win, but I don't see it happening unless we are behind in the TO margin by 4+.

Why is it not a rivalry right now? Because Auburn has won 5 straight? That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. It's a rivalry and always will be.

"I hope the iron bowl can become a rivalry again" - what does that mean? Is it only a rivalry if Alabama wins every game? If it isn't a rivalry now, and if it isn't a rivalry if Alabama wins every game, then you are "hoping" that Auburn wins some Iron Bowls? Outside of the 2005 Iron Bowl, the games have been competitive. Bama has led in 2004 and 2006 and made 2003 close in the 3rd quarter.

He meant it is not their "biggest" rivalry. :ut: is their big rival. The Iron Bowl is just another game...yawn.

So much for me hoping for a renewal of the Alabama N. Illinois rivalry.

What is amazing is just how much confidence a moral victory against LSU has given the bammer nation. LSU in their worst outing of the season gift-wrapped a game for Alabama and they still lost it. Please, please, PLEASE continue to overlook Mississippi State in your 11:30 kickoff in Starkville. Please, oh please look past them to the Iron Bowl.

See 2006. "Did you see how we stayed within 14 points of LSU on their home field? We's gon win us a Iron Bowl this year."

Really? You pop up like a mole in the ground anytime someone makes that assertion.

Uh, that's a lie. I've said 4 times this week that Auburn has the better team right now.

Uh, that's a lie. I've said 4 times this week that Auburn has the better team right now.

Uhhh..umm, yeah says the mole popping out of the ground again...

You DO know that this reply doesn't explain what I said though, right? I mean, look dude, if you take umbrage to that statement, go back and find where you've defended bama to the bitter end in just about every thread anyone says something negative about your beloved Tide.

That's ummm, like nothing new.

Archived