Will Alabama beat Auburn?

Legionfield

Our defense won't have an answer for your runningbacks. I'm fairly confident of that.

The recent play of freshman DB Kareem Jackson gives me some hope of sticking with your receivers on quick slants. I don't necessarily seeing us getting beat deep, either, but rather being nickled and dimed down the field all day.

If Auburn comes out and sticks with the game plan, they should get a rather easy victory, regardless of the final score.

I wouldn't argue with any of that. All our passing game ever does is nickel and dime down the field to keep the running game going. Consistency on first downs will be our achilles heal in this game, as well as Georgia. Our D is good. Period. If we get ourselves in the right field position, and convert our third downs, we'll win both the next two games.

Georgia first though!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talent battling it out on the field ultimately decides these games. However, I think Alabama is falling far enough behind Auburn that it's becoming a mental issue in a positive way for Auburn, and a negative for Bama.

Falling far enough behind? Really? So you think losing to LSU by the same margin we did, scoring 9 points on Arkansas, being up 10-3 on Ole Miss with 3 mins to go, losing to MSU, and losing to USF are indications of your program being light years ahead of us?

And I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from. Granted, your defense has proven to be a good bit better than ours, but we've won our share of games this year. And if we play you like we did UT, I think it would take your best game of the year to beat us.

I just think Auburn will always have a chip on their shoulder for this game. Us against the world kind of mentality.

The Saban mania and the bammer media will continue to perpetuate this for the foreseeable future. Bama loses again.

Talent battling it out on the field ultimately decides these games. However, I think Alabama is falling far enough behind Auburn that it's becoming a mental issue in a positive way for Auburn, and a negative for Bama.

Falling far enough behind? Really? So you think losing to LSU by the same margin we did, scoring 9 points on Arkansas, being up 10-3 on Ole Miss with 3 mins to go, losing to MSU, and losing to USF are indications of your program being light years ahead of us?

And I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from. Granted, your defense has proven to be a good bit better than ours, but we've won our share of games this year. And if we play you like we did UT, I think it would take your best game of the year to beat us.

Ummm, yeah, well, you do realize that I explained what I meant in the other paragraphs you failed to "quote".

I think 5 games in a row, constitues "falling behind".

I'll let you think about this one for a few minutes.

1. We have to get through Georgia first, can't overlook them and Knowshaun Moreno.

2. We have an off week before the Iron Bowl, makes time to get healthy.

Don' t need to be worried about beating Bama yet.

We're not worried.

Falling denotes steady decline. Which would indicate that you feel we are worse off now than we were last year.

Good points.

You've also got to remember, though, we haven't played in an intimidating road stadium since the LSU game of 2006. I know it won't be our first rodeo, but Oxford doesn't prepare you for Auburn, and we even had our fair share of trouble there.

I'm just longing for the day when I can go into this game confident. It's been a while.

Falling denotes steady decline. Which would indicate that you feel we are worse off now than we were last year.

Until you win, you're steadily falling further behind us. Losing a 6th would "continue" the fall as it pertains to your rivalry with AUBURN. This really doesn't have anything to do with games vs. Arkansas, LSU, or Bumblescrew U. Think about it that way.

Not trying to be a dick either of course.

Just so you know, Auburn had beat Miss St 6 games in a row before this year. Anything can happen. Not saying it will, just that it can. Regardless of what has happened for the last however many years.

You've also got to remember, though, we haven't played in an intimidating road stadium since the LSU game of 2006. I know it won't be our first rodeo, but Oxford doesn't prepare you for Auburn, and we even had our fair share of trouble there.

I'm just longing for the day when I can go into this game confident. It's been a while.

A lot can depend on what time will be played. It'll be rockin' I'm sure in JH, but the later the better. 1230 is going to suck. Early game time helps the atmosphere in Bama's favor...

JMO...

Just so you know, Auburn had beat Miss St 6 games in a row before this year. Anything can happen. Not saying it will, just that it can. Regardless of what has happened for the last however many years.

Sounds an awful lot like a Bammer comparing themselves to Miss St. .....

Just sayin....

Just sayin....

Well, Miss St > Auburn

I'm good with that.

What is this "Alabama beat Auburn" you speak of? Heh, is it one of those Conan O'Brien gimmicks? He's so funny when he does such things!

I see Auburn dominating Alabama like Florida dominated Georgia for so long. It's getting to the point, where Auburn players and staff just expect, and will get themselves focused into a mindset that they can't lose this game. It's just not supposed to happen, and they're not going to let it happen on their guard (sound familiar bama???).

Outstanding Alabama teams could find this a harder than expected road to hoe. I could see this game being domintated by Auburn (especially with the young complete, and talented group we have) for literally another few years before Bama slips one in on us.

I base this on what I've seen from other rivalries that have gotten to this point.

We'll see how things pan out.

I agree with this assessment and think that the "head" factor and better talent are tough to overcome when they are working in concert. And, as proof of chopper's point, I offer the title of this thread (the subtitle is an afterthought and irrelevant).

InDNo

Just sayin....

Well, Miss St > Auburn

I'm good with that.

And, I believe the last time the two tangled Mississippi State > Alabama.

I'm good with that, too.

InDNo

Just sayin....

Well, Miss St > Auburn

I'm good with that.

Hahaha...I love your logic...

Using your point....and numbers...

6-1 vs. Miss St. ....means that "Miss St. > Auburn. Yeah, losing this year sucked, but if you believe that anyone here believes Miss St. is a better team, or a better program, you're high.

Now, using the same logic, we're 7-3 in the last 10 years against Bama (15-9 since "the bahr" passed...).

5-0 in the last 5, so I guess you feel that Bama is a better team and program right now than Auburn.

That's okay though... spin it whatever way you need to. Especially considering you're going INTO the game with them (Miss St.) this weekend. I give them a good shot at beating Bama.

Just sayin....

Well, Miss St > Auburn

I'm good with that.

I'm good with that, too.

InDNo

He shoots, and SCORES!

Losing to LSU by the same margin we did: The margin of defeat being equal is mere conincidence because two games were nowhere near comparable. Against AU, Matt Flynn had a career night passing against the best defense he'll see all year, including a thread-the-needle last second TD pass to win. Against uat, Flynn hardly played his best game against a defense that, to be charitable, isn't all that good.

Scoring 9 points on Arky: You conveniently forget the AU defense held Arky's Dynamic Duo to less than 100 yds each -- something no other team has been able to do, btw. I don't even think LSU will be able to duplicate that feat. CTT is famous for playing just enough to win. No one will ever be able to tag him with the label of running up the score.

Being up 10-3 against Ole Miss with 3 min to go: See the rationale for the Arky game. The AU D had the game completely in control. Your team needed the refs to help you out in the last few seconds against Ole Miss. The AU D never was in that precarious a position. Besides, AU still won by 2 TDs.

Losing to MSU & USF: 5-6 turnovers a game will usually lose you a game. I don't care who the opponent is, unless they just aren't any good (reference the LSU-uat game.) That's what happened to AU against both of those teams. Turnovers killed them.

Can uat win? Sure they can -- but it will take their best game of the year combined with a huge turnover margin in their favor coupled with a complete breakdown by Muschamp's defense.

I'm good with that, too.

InDNo

I'm aware of that. After saturday, it could very well stay the same. Which is why you don't see me running my yap about who's won for the last ______ years. Anything can happen.

I'm aware of that. After saturday, it could very well stay the same. Which is why you don't see me running my yap about who's won for the last ______ years. Anything can happen.

:rolleyes::roflol::roflol:

But wait a minute...you just said MSU > Auburn???? Do you really believe that? So, if you're "aware" of InDNo's point....

I guess this means you agree that MSU > Bama as well??? Ouch....

"running your yap" is about ALL you're doing.

Talking about "the last ______ years," was absolutely relavant to my point earlier. ...about the rivalry getting into their heads and being a mental issue. I guess it only took you 2 or 3 posts to forget all that.

Hahaha...I love your logic...

Using your point....and numbers...

6-1 vs. Miss St. ....means that "Miss St. > Auburn. Yeah, losing this year sucked, but if you believe that anyone here believes Miss St. is a better team, or a better program, you're high.

Now, using the same logic, we're 7-3 in the last 10 years against Bama (15-9 since "the bahr" passed...).

5-0 in the last 5, so I guess you feel that Bama is a better team and program right now than Auburn.

That's okay though... spin it whatever way you need to. Especially considering you're going INTO the game with them (Miss St.) this weekend. I give them a good shot at beating Bama.

You guys are good at reading into things that are not posted. Miss St > Auburn means that Miss St was better than Auburn when they played. None of the Miss St players gave a crap about any of those numbers you enjoy spouting off. None of those players cared that they were underdogs playing in the Jungle. They don't have the talent that AU has. They haven't enjoyed the recent success that AU has. They've been out-recruited by AU in recent years. None of that mattered.

Anything can happen. Regardless of the circumstances.

Talking about "the last ______ years," was absolutely relavant to my point earlier. ...about the rivalry getting into their heads and being a mental issue. I guess it only took you 2 or 3 posts to forget all that.

You're right. Someone just forgot to remind Miss St about the mental issues with Auburn.

Keep crunching numbers.

You guys are good at reading into things that are not posted.

We just watched your instructional video I guess... :rolleyes:

Miss St > Auburn means that Miss St was better than Auburn when they played. None of the Miss St players gave a crap about any of those numbers you enjoy spouting off.

Yup. They beat us that day. We played horribly, and they won. No disputing that. I don't think either one of our schools look at the past games, or history as any kind of serious rivalry like the Iron Bowl. Who knows, but I don't agree that Miss St > Auburn.

None of those players cared that they were underdogs playing in the Jungle. They don't have the talent that AU has. They haven't enjoyed the recent success that AU has. They've been out-recruited by AU in recent years. None of that mattered.

I've seen that movie, but it was a basketball one called "Hoosiers"..... Good story... you should expand this into another thread on it's own.

Anything can happen. Regardless of the circumstances.

That's completely true. Any other football cliches you want to throw out there? Maybe Bama should go out there and play for the entire 60 mins. Leave it all on the field. Save it for the gridiron. Play their hearts out. Make sure that their engines never stop runnin'! :rolleyes:

Give me a break.

RUDY RUDY RUDY!!!!

You're right. Someone just forgot to remind Miss St about the mental issues with Auburn.

Keep crunching numbers.

I never said it happens in every team series all the time. I said that I've seen rivalry games get into these runs where one team has a mental edge over the other one.

The whole time I was talking about "THE IRON BOWL"....

Why keep giving you numbers? You'd just ignore them anyway...

Hey, you just gotta believe Argo! Give it all you got! If you wish upon a ....uhh.. anyway...

:roflol:

Archived