The Sunday funnies...

tigertales

Some interesting Sunday morning reading out there today.... in case anyone missed any of these, thought I'd share the links....

The first one is over at al.com

This isn't your grandfather's Alabama team

http://blog.al.com/tidecorner/2007/11/this...fathers_al.html

excerpt from a posted blog response by Jf4bama

Let's face it Alabama is a "has been" in college football. The 1970's ended almost 30 years ago. :roflol:

The program only has one big win against a top ten team in the last 10 years. There is no more Bear Bryant and never will be. Bryant Jr. and Ray Perkins (and a few others) need to move on down the road and leave the program alone ... they are a cancer. It will take years more to extricate itself of years of MALpractice. Some of the players think they are All-Americans but the truth is they can't even beat a tier three Division One-A program ... and what is sad ... its been that way since Stallings left (Central Florida, LA Tech, Northern Ill., MS State, Southern Miss, ULM etc).

------

And then there's this item from Hattiesburg, MS

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/apps/pb...PORTS/711180327

------

Finally, in case you missed it, this one on the '82 Iron Bowl being the "Start of a New Era" (read: :au: era!!)

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/pf....xml&coll=3

a memorable excerpt:

...So much changed that fateful day.

Including the win in 1982, Dye would win six of the next eight (and, frankly, could have easily won eight straight, losing at the end in 1984 when Jackson went the wrong way on the goal-line and 1985 when Van Tiffin kicked a 52-yard field goal at the gun). Dye finished 6-6 against the Tide, and in the process made Auburn people believe they could win. By beating Bryant, the complexion of the series changed, perhaps forever.

It spawned a generation of Auburn fans who did not know what it was like to play second-fiddle to Alabama, or to Bryant. ( :blink: sorry, is he bemoaning that we "don't know our place anymore??)

Instead of living in fear of Bryant and the Alabama mystique ( :blink: ), the generation of Auburn fans coming of age during this period either saw the Tide as an equal or a program in chaos. ( :roflol: )

And it all changed that day in 1982 -- a mere 25 years ago.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!! BEAT BAMA!!!!!!!

sweet and to the point

"If Southern Miss head coach Jeff Bower is on the hot seat, then Alabama's Nick Saban has a solar flare attached to his derriere this morning."

...So much changed that fateful day.

Including the win in 1982, Dye would win six of the next eight (and, frankly, could have easily won eight straight, losing at the end in 1984 when Jackson went the wrong way on the goal-line and 1985 when Van Tiffin kicked a 52-yard field goal at the gun). Dye finished 6-6 against the Tide, and in the process made Auburn people believe they could win. By beating Bryant, the complexion of the series changed, perhaps forever.

It spawned a generation of Auburn fans who did not know what it was like to play second-fiddle to Alabama, or to Bryant. ( :blink:sorry, is he bemoaning that we "don't know our place anymore??)

Instead of living in fear of Bryant and the Alabama mystique ( :blink: ), the generation of Auburn fans coming of age during this period either saw the Tide as an equal or a program in chaos. ( :roflol: )

And it all changed that day in 1982 -- a mere 25 years ago.

I attribute that to this being the first Iron Bowl which I was alive for. Had I been born one month later, we may have had to wait for the 83 Iron Bowl.

The TRUTH is impossible to gloss over or hide from. SPUAT fans have been running from it for years spouting their babble about 12 ( nonexistent) MNCs and enlisting butt kissing sports writers in the newspapers statewide. Some of those "unbiased" sports writers/ bammer homers have acted as unpaid uat recruiting staff in their columns. How many years have we read about spuat having the top recruiting class in the country ? How many times do we see so-called 4/5 star guys going to the crapstone who weren't really prized guys and certainly not recruited nationally as a true 4/5 star would be.

Here is the TRUTH. Spuat talent has fallen off drastically in the last decade or more; Bear is dead and doesn't affect the outcome of any game; most little boys do NOT grow up wanting to play for bama and finally, their coaching staff can't make marginal players into a team that will vie for a national championship.

An additional truth: Auburn has the superior program regardless of comments by slimebomb and former spuat players. Today, the 2nd best team in the state is Troy. Mike Shula could give spuat a 6-6 record and be more cost effective than paying someone $32 million to achieve the same result.

To the many spuat fans who read this, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !

WDE !

Easy ya'll, this "no more Bama mystique" ALL changes if Bama wins next weekend. Saban will be St. Nick (to Bama fans AND local & national media) if he wins in Auburn.

Let's celebrate the "end of an era" next Sunday, I'm more nervous about this one than most IBs.

Easy ya'll, this "no more Bama mystique" ALL changes if Bama wins next weekend. Saban will be St. Nick (to Bama fans AND local & national media) if he wins in Auburn.

Let's celebrate the "end of an era" next Sunday, I'm more nervous about this one than most IBs.

This is very true. But I can't help but rub salt in the wounds now, at this very moment, after the most embarrassing SEC loss of my lifetime under the $avior's watch (Coupled with the most embarrassing lack of discipline). I hope our guys are as pumped as I am. A win next week IS the nail in uat's coffin.

This is game is one of those moments like the 1982 & 1989 Iron Bowls.

This is game is one of those moments like the 1982 & 1989 Iron Bowls.

Absolutely. This is Auburn's chance to step on Bama's nose with the hobnail boot, and it is Bama's chance to stop the streak and make themselves believe their "mystique" is back. Mark my words...no matter the outcome Saturday night, it will be a huge turning point in the series.

WE CANNOT LOSE THIS GAME!!!!

Losing to a team who just got punked by ULM will in no doubt be a HUGE deflation for this team!

JUST WIN BABY!!!!!

Archived