Bush Lied

TexasTiger

Say's his former Press Secretary:

In an excerpt from his forthcoming book, McClellan recount the 2003 news conference in which he told reporters that aides Karl Rove and I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby were "not involved" in the leak involving operative Valerie Plame.

"There was one problem. It was not true," McClellan writes, according to a brief excerpt released Monday. "I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest-ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice president, the president's chief of staff and the president himself."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21903753/

Bush lied. Oh no, let's impeach him! :poke:

Do I like that the man I voted for pulled this stunt if it is true? No way! Am I happy with how he has handled things in his second term? Hell no! The only thing that does not make me feel bad is the fact that my only other option would have put John Kerry in office and that would have just been the worst of two evils.

Politicians lie. It is apparently in their genetic code. I don't care what party they are with, they are going to lie and the more powerful the become, the bigger their lies get. Neither the dems or the republicans have cornered the market on honest presidents. Even the guy I support, who has not chance of winning, could turn around and let me down if he by some chance did win. The current batch of contenders, in my opinion, is the worst group of candidates I can ever remember.

Nothing Scott said suggests the President lied.

We've been over this a million times. He's now trying to sell a book. Scott also goes on to say that he AND THE PRESIDENT were passing along false information , and that the President didn't knowingly do anything wrong. He didn't lie. But hurry up and get your name on the list to buy Scott's book. It's not due until APRIL.

:roflol:

"I think it was extraordinarily foolish of me" to have disclosed Plame's identity, Armitage said Sunday on CNN's "Late Edition." He was agreeing with comments by Plame that he should have known better.

Armitage said there was no ill-intent on his part. He said he spoke to Novak after seeing a reference to Wilson's wife in a memo, which did not name her.

That's who leaked her name, not Bush, not Rove, not Libby.

"I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice president, the president's chief of staff, and the president himself."

How would this be considered not lying??

I love it, all of you guys wanted to impeach Clinton for lying about a BJ. Now when Bush lies about things that actually matter you act like everyone does it.

If you believe the lying Joe Wilson and his lying wife Valerie then yes he did pass false information. If you believe Scooter Libby and Richard Armitage (who did leak the information) then no.

It is also funny that you had no problem with the ton of lies told by the Clintons (and seem to want more) but are quick to side with the known liars to call Bush a liar.

Now in that little snippit by McClellan, I fail to see where he said he was lied to. What is known or unknown is not nessarily a lie. Since this is a release to stimulate interest and the only interest is from the Bush Bashers, I will wait for the rest of the story.

If you believe the lying Joe Wilson and his lying wife Valerie then yes he did pass false information. If you believe Scooter Libby and Richard Armitage (who did leak the information) then no.

It is also funny that you had no problem with the ton of lies told by the Clintons (and seem to want more) but are quick to side with the known liars to call Bush a liar.

Now in that little snippit by McClellan, I fail to see where he said he was lied to. What is known or unknown is not nessarily a lie. Since this is a release to stimulate interest and the only interest is from the Bush Bashers, I will wait for the rest of the story.

Where in my post did I say I was OK with Clinton's lies?

I love it, all of you guys wanted to impeach Clinton for lying about a BJ. Now when Bush lies about things that actually matter you act like everyone does it.

You did not include your self.

I did not want to impeach him. Was that not clear?

you're not understanding...I get that most politicians lie. The reason this is so laughable is because of how you treated Clinton. I'm not saying impeach Bush. He's doing just fine for me in destroying his legacy.

Publisher: McClellan doesn't believe Bush lied

Spokesman 'did not intend to suggest' the president purposely misled him

WASHINGTON - Former White House spokesman Scott McClellan does not believe President Bush lied to him about the role of White House aides I. Lewis Scooter Libby or Karl Rove in the leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity, according to McClellan's publisher.

Peter Osnos, the founder and editor-in-chief of Public Affairs Books, which is publishing McClellan's book in April, tells NBC from his Connecticut home that McCLellan, "Did not intend to suggest Bush lied to him."

Osnos says when McClellan went before the White House press corps in 2003 to publicly exonerate Libby and Rove, the problem was that his statement was not true. Osnos said the president told McClellan what "he thought to be the case." But, he says, McClellan believes, "the president didn't know it was not true."...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917188/

I love it. You want to impeach Bush when he DOESN'T lie, but didn't want to impeach Clinton when he DID lie.

How is leaking the name of a CIA agent not treason."oh,everybody lies,it's o.k."Treason is a crime that is punishable by death.

AFTiger and Raptor are more concerned that someone else is having oral sex than they are with a Republican committing treason. They are party first, country...when it's convenient.

How is leaking the name of a CIA agent not treason."oh,everybody lies,it's o.k."Treason is a crime that is punishable by death.

If the agenet wasn't covert, as Plame wasn't, and if the act of revealing said agent wasn't done w/ intent. That's how.

AFTiger and Raptor are more concerned that someone else is having oral sex than they are with a Republican committing treason. They are party first, country...when it's convenient.

How convienent you forget the facts. Clinton wasn't impeached for having oral sex, he was impeached because he lied. He lied while being questioned w/ respect to a case that was filed against him by Paula Jones, a lawsuit involving workplace relationsihps.

There clearly was no treason w/ the Plame case, as the trial against Scooter Libby revealed. Bush didn't lie, and Armitage didn't knowingly 'out' Val Plame with any intent to reveal the ID of a CIA agent.

You have no case.

How convienent you forget the facts. Clinton wasn't impeached for having oral sex, he was impeached because he lied. He lied while being questioned w/ respect to a case that was filed against him by Paula Jones, a lawsuit involving workplace relationsihps.

There clearly was no treason w/ the Plame case, as the trial against Scooter Libby revealed. Bush didn't lie, and Armitage didn't knowingly 'out' Val Plame with any intent to reveal the ID of a CIA agent.

You have no case.

You have no grasp of the facts.

This is one of the incredibly ignorant statements you have ever made in this forum.

This is one of the incredibly ignorant statements you have ever made in this forum.

Good. I was trying to mimic you.

You failed. You are in a class all to yourself.

As I suspected, you don't read your own posts. :poke::roflol:

As I suspected, you don't read your own posts. :poke::roflol:

You don't either. :poke::poke::roflol:

You have no case.

You saying it doesn't make it so. Show where I've been wrong w/ the facts, or stfu.

You have no case.

You saying it doesn't make it so. Show where I've been wrong w/ the facts, or stfu.

The truth is out there, but you must be interested in finding it.

Archived