Castille guilty....

GalensGhost

It was tough getting this case on the docket. Seems like there were always conflicts, the lawyers weren't ready. The wheels of justice finally turned. It's amazing how a spot on the docket opened the first week after football season was over. What an unbelievable coincidence.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2007/11/alabam...yer_simeon.html

Wow, this could lead to a heavy suspension. I bet he has to sit the entirety of Alabama's first offensive drive. After all, it is what it is.

Wow, this could lead to a heavy suspension. I bet he has to sit the entirety of Alabama's first offensive drive. After all, it is what it is.

I heard he was suspended for the first quarter of 2010 A-day game.

He'll be indefinitely suspended until around the 15th of December, of which it will unlifted.

I recall Saban talking about his discipline and how he suspended or disciplined a player that was found not guilty of charges (this is at LSU I believe) because his own investigation brought up the real story

He'll be indefinitely suspended until around the 15th of December, of which it will unlifted.

I recall Saban talking about his discipline and how he suspended or disciplined a player that was found not guilty of charges (this is at LSU I believe) because his own investigation brought up the real story

So by that logic wouldn't Saban have been lying to the cops? Withholding evidence?

So by that logic wouldn't Saban have been lying to the cops? Withholding evidence?

Hardly.

So you guys think what he did warrants a suspension?

I can't tell from the article what he actually did to get in trouble with the law. What I do know is that if an Auburn player brought negative attention to the team by acting foolish like this, I'd expect him to sit. Like it or not, he is a representative of your team...a public figure. As a player, you have a higher responsibility to live up to than the average student. It may not be fair, but few things in life are.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh....xml&coll=2

Hollingsworth ordered Castille to pay the $100 disorderly conduct fine and an additional $150 in court fees.

"It was not an easy decision, but I don't have a choice," Hollingsworth stated. "I believe the defendant recklessly created a risk."

Castille's lawyer, Tom King of Gadsden, maintained Castille's innocence after the trial and said he plans to file a motion for an appeal in Circuit Court. :blink:

How much in legal fees, court costs, general inconvenience and distraction can an appeal cost? A lot more than $250, I believe. I think I'd just pay the $250, take the misdemeaner, and get on with my life.

Perhaps if it was a money, violence, or sex charge I'd work to clear my name, but come on, just a minor disorderly conduct while a college student? It's not like that will haunt you in any significant way for the rest of your life....particularly if he's looking at an NFL career.

Ohhh noooo!!! You've already told us how good of a boy he is. The crotch chops to the AU alumni proved that Saturday night. ;)

So you're not going to follow the uat party line and throw all the players under the bus as classless dope-smoking thugs now that the unflawed God has a failure of a season?

Inconsistency has never been a problem with you before.

I said it before and I'll say it again, had it been an Auburn player he'd have been suspended six games, and bammers would complain that it wasn't enough (read: Tray Blackmon)

I said it before and I'll say it again, had it been an Auburn player he'd have been suspended six games, and bammers would complain that it wasn't enough (read: Tray Blackmon)

Blackmon's 2 incidents were different. One it involved alcohol and a minor.

Simeon wasn't cited for alcohol and was 21. And all he did was joke around with his buddies.

Simeon wasn't cited for alcohol and was 21. And all he did was joke around with his buddies.

He was found guilty in a court of law of "joking around with his buddies"?

I think the whole thing is just a waste of time, oh my disturbing the peace what is the world coming to. I doubt Tubby would suspend a player over something like this, maybe some other type of punishment.

He embarrassed your school by getting arrested and being found guilty of a crime. I guess you guys are impervious to embarrassment with the standards Saban's set.

Didn't you say you'd reserve judgement until he was found guilty or innocent?

And oh the humanity of a 20 year old drinking! I personally would rather my son do that than cause a public disturbance in a bar district in the wee hours of the night.

The fact that the two are even comparable at all shows that SOME punishment is warranted. Meanwhile bammers bitch about six games not being enough for Blackmon.

Where I come from, you have to do something wrong to get arrested. I do not associate with people that typically end up "downtown" in the name of "joking around with their buddies."

If a player gets arrested, you better believe I think he did something wrong and should sit.

He embarrassed your school by getting arrested and being found guilty of a crime. I guess you guys are impervious to embarrassment with the standards Saban's set.

What if he got a speeding ticket? Would that warrant a suspension?

I mean where do we draw the line?

Put down the crack pipe BG, there is a lot of difference between speeding and disturbing the peace as it pertains to how it makes your school look...

I'd say a good place to start is actually getting thrown in handcuffs and brought to jail, then later found guilty of your crime in a court of law.

For some reason, I have the name Juwann Simpson dancing around in my head. Throw in some pot instead of alcohol then an unregistered gun for good measure. Remind me again, what punishment did Mr Simpson get out of this? Good thing that underage girl in the car with him was the daughter of a booster. That could have gotten real ugly.

There is no disclipine at bammer. Period. And this is the biggest problem with the football team in tuscaloosa. I, for one, hope the circus keeps playing. It's awfully funny to see from this side of the state.

There is no disclipine at bammer. Period. And this is the biggest problem with the football team in tuscaloosa. I, for one, hope the circus keeps playing. It's awfully funny to see from this side of the state.

I agree. You can't make this stuff up. It's like a daily sitcom over there.

Who would have ever thought within a year, we would go from Collette et. al getting wasted at the airport to a 6-6 possibly bowl-less season and all the scandals and "wtf" moments in between. Priceless!!!

Thank you Mal Moore for providing us with $4 million dollars worth of entertainment through this 2007 season.

Archived