JoPa's salary revealed

AU_tiger_2000

Some might make a joke about this, but one of the storied and successful coaches in football history is making $500,000 a year.

Link

Poor ole JoePa, he's so old and senile he probably thought that was the going rate for coaches these days.

What a good man.

"I'm paid well, I'm not overpaid," Paterno said earlier in the day, during an interview with reporters about his upcoming College Football Hall of Fame induction. "I got all the money I need."

Poor ole JoePa, he's so old and senile he probably thought that was the going rate for coaches these days.

By reading the article, the guy seems like a smart character to me.

I've got a newfound respect for JoPa. Kind of puts the spotlight on all these other "moneygrubbers" who won't honor their contracts and are constantly scheming on how to get more and more money. Knowing this, I would have a lot less respect for Coach Tuberville IF he went to Arky for MORE $$$. How much is enough? BTW, shows what kind of man Saban is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone don't get so teary eyed for JoPa

Did you know Tuberville's base salary [beginning in 2005, its gone up somewhat] was $210,000? Look it up: http://www.coacheshotseat.com/AuburnCoachesHotSeat.pdf

Now, according to paragraph 15, he gets well over a million for his Radio and Television rights, and any other endorsement deals are signed over to Auburn, which is another sum. This is all separate from "Auburn University" and all this is probably goes through some sort of off balance sheet corporation. (Colleges do this all the time)

I'm guessing the jopa $500K is the minimum of what they had to disclose, and is probably similar to Tubs' $210. I'm POSITIVE he makes a substantial amount from Nike and other endorsements/television rights. Its all a matter of how the contracts are written up.

NOW, in JoPa's defense, he has donated a substantial amount of his earnings Back to PSU.

Penn St better have the nicest facilities and highest paid assistants in the country.

110,000 people at every home game and low pay for the coach. Where's all that money going?

And I love this quote by JoePa:

"It bothers me that people have to know what I make," he told reporters. "What difference does it make what I make, all right? I don't know what you guys make."

Football coaches shouldn't be glamorous business men. They should be football coaches. Like a coach at the school I'm working at just told me, "We ain't in it for the money around here."

In all seriousness, Paterno does next to nothing so I dont see why this would be "shocking" in any way. Ok, I'm stretching it a bit, but the guy doesn't even wear a headset on the field. He is basically just a figurehead more than anything at this point in his career.

In all seriousness, Paterno does next to nothing so I dont see why this would be "shocking" in any way. Ok, I'm stretching it a bit, but the guy doesn't even wear a headset on the field. He is basically just a figurehead more than anything at this point in his career.

his glasses are "the headset" anyway Penn St knows hey have a great deal, that's why they want him to stay as long as possible. When he retires they will have to pay saban the big bucks.

Rock on Joe :punk:

051219_paterno_vmed_3p.widec.jpg

Many coaches receive substantial bonuses or outside income, but the retirement system data did not show other forms of compensation.

Paterno acknowledged Wednesday he makes more money than is reflected in the retirement system's figures. But he didn't specify how much

I think both Tuberville and Sabans income from the state is less than this. The large bulk of the money is from outside sources, sonsors and endorsments. Everyone is talking about him being a good man but we have no idea what he really makes....

Archived