Who does Michigan go after?

BamaGrad03

I honestly think Les Miles. His presser did nothing really. The only reason he did it is b/c he walked in that morning and someone on the team said......Looks like you gotta plane to catch coach. Then he came out with all that mumbo jumbo that means absolutely nothing. As someone on here mentioned he did a similar thing before the bowl game right before he bolted to LSU. Tuberville had the pine box. Saban said "I will not be the coach at Alabama".

Point being this: it will take a lot more than Les Miles saying "I won't leave" right before a big game for me to believe he won't leave.

Backups:

Ron English- the current DC

Muschamp

With all due respect to CWM, I don't think he's got enough experience at the coordinator level to take on a program like Michigan.

I wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) to see Petrino discuss the issue with them. I personally don't like living in the same town with that POS.

I was thinking the same thing about Miles' presser. He didn't actually deny going to Meeeeechigan, just stated that he was the LSU coach. I guess the Sabanisms have gotten me cynical about coachspeak these days when it comes to their interest/non interest in any particular job.

Michigan AD confirms Miles wanting to stay at LSU. We'll see. He also mention 20 canidates in mind. Wow, I don't think I could think of 20 people I'd want to coach my team.

ESPN

Michigan is in a bad spot at the moment. THere are very few big names in the current landscape to pick up.

Their current assistant staff isn't a big hit and not as desireable to the fans. They don't have any proven winners out there to pick up on. Schiano at Rutgers is about the biggest name unless they want to bring in Peterson from Boise st.

At this point they may have to go NFL and hope that guy picks up a big time recruiter for his staff.

If Michigan does not have a coach by the new year....it will be Miles. Regardless of what he has or has not unofficially accepted with LSU, unless it is signed, it is not official.

The rest is all smokescreens.

Nothing good has come out of the michigan job search except Miles taking his hat out of the circle.

Honestly, he doesn't fit the demeanor or personality of a Michigan head coach.

(I know this is sorta classless but it ran through my head so I have to say it)

They could just dig up old Bo and have him coach. At least they would have a shot against Ohio state again :P

With all due respect to CWM, I don't think he's got enough experience at the coordinator level to take on a program like Michigan.

I wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) to see Petrino discuss the issue with them. I personally don't like living in the same town with that POS.

What is your beef with Petrino? Do you blame him for jetgate?

It's not his fault 100% obviously, because it takes two to tango, but yeah, jetgate is my beef with Petrino.

He goes from being Tub's OC one minute to trying to stab him in the back the next? If everything would have been kept above board, that's one thing. You can't fault a guy for interviewing for a job that he thinks is better than the one he currently has. But the way it was handled was an absolutely classless move. Auburn cleaned house after jetgate (to the extent they could), and rightfully so. Petrino seems to have somehow risen above the stench of it (although I'm sure they'd disagree in Louisville), which irks the piss out of me.

It's not his fault 100% obviously, because it takes two to tango, but yeah, jetgate is my beef with Petrino.

He goes from being Tub's OC one minute to trying to stab him in the back the next? If everything would have been kept above board, that's one thing. You can't fault a guy for interviewing for a job that he thinks is better than the one he currently has. But the way it was handled was an absolutely classless move. Auburn cleaned house after jetgate (to the extent they could), and rightfully so. Petrino seems to have somehow risen above the stench of it (although I'm sure they'd disagree in Louisville), which irks the piss out of me.

How does Petrino have anything to do with Jetgate other than wanting to coach at a program as nice as Auburns? Seriously, all he did was interview for a job. Its not his fault someone still had it.

How does Petrino have anything to do with Jetgate other than wanting to coach at a program as nice as Auburns? Seriously, all he did was interview for a job. Its not his fault someone still had it.

Petrino knew what he was doing was shady, which is why he initially denied the meeting ever took place.

I guess the fact that he was doing this to Tubs after he had just been his OC is what annoys me.

Also, I'm working right now with a 102 fever and the onset of the flu. You guys don't piss me off or I'll breathe on my keyboard and pass the germs along in my posts.

I kinda see your point. I just say you can't pass judgement with so little infromation on what the motivations of Petrino or what the BOT's told him they were after.

They could have lied to him, he could have known a lot, you never know. Kind of mean spirited to hold it against the guy that Auburn was unhappy with Tubberville and thought he would be a better coach.

I think that they should go after Satan. :big:

I'm just glad that nobody is mentioning Jim Leaveritt from USF (don't really know how he spells his last name) this year. Every year schools are naming him as a canidate, and every year he turns them down. People have either realized that he doesn't want to leave USF or the slide down the rankings this year made some people reevaluate him. Don't know, but IMO he's a good coach.

I thought and still think that it will be Les Miles to Michigan. I do have to admit that this article on foxsports.com made me think.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7519468

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Michigan athletic director Bill Martin said Sunday night he did not directly contact LSU coach Les Miles about the coaching vacancy left by Lloyd Carr.

"We asked LSU for permission to talk to Les Miles last week and we were given permission to talk to Les, but not until after the SEC Championship game on Saturday," Martin said in a statement. "Les Miles was one of our candidates.

"I did not talk to Les Miles or his agent this past week in accordance with the wishes of (LSU athletic director) Skip Bertman and the LSU Athletic Department," Martin said. "This morning I did speak with Les' agent (George Bass) and he reaffirmed what Les said during his press conference yesterday — that he was staying at LSU.

"We wish Les and the LSU Athletic Department the best of luck in the future," Martin said. "As for Michigan, we are continuing with the process we established and will continue to talk with and research our list of candidates."

Miles said after No. 5 LSU beat No. 14 Tennessee 21-14 in the Southeastern Conference championship game Saturday that he planned to remain coach of the Tigers, who will play Ohio State in the BCS national championship game on Jan. 7 at the Superdome in New Orleans.

Miles turned down a chance to return to the school where he played and coached, telling his team earlier in the day that he would remain at LSU.

Speculation swirled all last week that Miles would leave LSU and return to Michigan. The Wolverines' job became vacant when Carr announced his retirement.

Miles was questioned about Michigan during his news conference Friday at the Georgia Dome. He had said he planned to talk to Wolverines officials after the SEC game. After the victory, Miles said he never spoke to Michigan and didn't plan to.

Martin has said he is looking for the next Carr, who led Michigan to the 1997 national championship and five Big Ten titles while keeping the school above even suspicions about NCAA violations.

Martin has said he had 20 candidates in mind, and now he'll need them. Possible choices might include Rutgers coach Greg Schiano, Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe, California coach Jeff Tedford and Missouri coach Gary Pinkel.

LSU hired Miles away from Oklahoma State after Nick Saban departed in 2005 to coach the Miami Dolphins.

What about Tommy Tuberville.....Heard he's looking for another job way to get as much money as Humanly possible out of the Boosters at AU.

I thought and still think that it will be Les Miles to Michigan. I do have to admit that this article on foxsports.com made me think.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7519468

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Michigan athletic director Bill Martin said Sunday night he did not directly contact LSU coach Les Miles about the coaching vacancy left by Lloyd Carr.

"We asked LSU for permission to talk to Les Miles last week and we were given permission to talk to Les, but not until after the SEC Championship game on Saturday," Martin said in a statement. "Les Miles was one of our candidates.

"I did not talk to Les Miles or his agent this past week in accordance with the wishes of (LSU athletic director) Skip Bertman and the LSU Athletic Department," Martin said. "This morning I did speak with Les' agent (George Bass) and he reaffirmed what Les said during his press conference yesterday — that he was staying at LSU.

"We wish Les and the LSU Athletic Department the best of luck in the future," Martin said. "As for Michigan, we are continuing with the process we established and will continue to talk with and research our list of candidates."

Miles said after No. 5 LSU beat No. 14 Tennessee 21-14 in the Southeastern Conference championship game Saturday that he planned to remain coach of the Tigers, who will play Ohio State in the BCS national championship game on Jan. 7 at the Superdome in New Orleans.

Miles turned down a chance to return to the school where he played and coached, telling his team earlier in the day that he would remain at LSU.

Speculation swirled all last week that Miles would leave LSU and return to Michigan. The Wolverines' job became vacant when Carr announced his retirement.

Miles was questioned about Michigan during his news conference Friday at the Georgia Dome. He had said he planned to talk to Wolverines officials after the SEC game. After the victory, Miles said he never spoke to Michigan and didn't plan to.

Martin has said he is looking for the next Carr, who led Michigan to the 1997 national championship and five Big Ten titles while keeping the school above even suspicions about NCAA violations.

Martin has said he had 20 candidates in mind, and now he'll need them. Possible choices might include Rutgers coach Greg Schiano, Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe, California coach Jeff Tedford and Missouri coach Gary Pinkel.

LSU hired Miles away from Oklahoma State after Nick Saban departed in 2005 to coach the Miami Dolphins.

There is so much flip flop and you can tell Miles is focusing very hard on how he words everything he says. Something is still up and/or fishy.

There is so much flip flop and you can tell Miles is focusing very hard on how he words everything he says. Something is still up and/or fishy.

I still believe that if Michigan hasn't hired a coach by January 1, then Les Miles is the guy.

I still believe that if Michigan hasn't hired a coach by January 1, then Les Miles is the guy.

Ditto

bama fans should be genuinely concerned. If Meathead Miles goes to Ann Arbor, look out! This state is about to witness something incredible. :big:

bama fans should be genuinely concerned. If Meathead Miles goes to Ann Arbor, look out! This state is about to witness something incredible. :big:

Trust me, they are! It is so hard to keep from laughing when they talk about Saban to LSU.

The Blue and Maze can do better than a six-six "coach".

It will be like Armageddon and Christmas all rolled into one event filled day.

Archived