New Offer: Christian Thompson

metafour

What the hell RWS? Do you follow this guy around holding his jock all day? Do you give him a massage when he cramps up?

I heard Julio Jones visited OU last weekend

RWS: That's a lie. He was sleeping at my place last weekend.

I heard Julio Jones drives a kickin' new Expedition

RWS: Bullcrap. Julio Jones doesn't drive. I pick him up every morning and take him to school and I'm sitting there in the firetruck waiting when he gets out. Yesterday we went to the Krystal. JJ likes the Krystal.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell RWS? Do you follow this guy around holding his jock all day? Do you give him a massage when he cramps up?

I heard Julio Jones visited OU last weekend

RWS: That's a lie. He was sleeping at my place last weekend.

I heard Julio Jones drives a kickin' new Expedition

RWS: Bullcrap. Julio Jones doesn't drive. I pick him up every morning and take him to school and I'm sitting there in the firetruck waiting when he gets out. Yesterday we went to the Krystal. JJ likes the Krystal.

:roflol::roflol:

I'm still calling BS. I have been around a lot of ball players that lift weights...it's hard for me to believe that a dude can squat 500 but only bench 235. I know that you should squat a lot more than you bench but 235 is pretty weak when it comes to benching...add to that a really strong squat max and I am calling a big fat BS. Most kids, including me at the time, love to do upper body but need to be really pushed to do legs...you have to really work to have a 500 lb squat....unless you only squat about 3" which may have been the case...

by the way...are you a f***ing stalker RWS? You really go and watch the kid work out? Either a stalker or a loser...

excuse me because i'm in pretty close with some guys on the team. it never hurts to know some folks. i've seen him work out a few times because i had to run one of their starting LBs that i know who lives right down the road from me up there a few times when his truck was broken down and his folks were at work. said LB happens to be an explorer with our fire department. you can call a big fat BS all you want. the fact of the matter is i've seen it with my own eyes. but hey, i'm sure that you obviously know more than i do about it. :rolleyes:

Pompano (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas

Ht: 6-foot-1

Wt: 195 lbs

Forty: 4.6 secs

Bench max: 235 pounds

Squat max: 245 pounds

Vertical: 32 inches

Class: 2008 (High School)

I've been told that we are recruiting him as a LB. He is apparently a better player than Philip Pierre-Louis, his teammate who we also offered recently.

Good grief man...and this is no lie...when i was 47 years old I was benching 235 and squatting 300! And I was 6'1 and about 205.... If this kid wants to be a linebacker in the SEC, he'll have to do better than that. Seriously.

:au::homer:

Pompano (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas

Ht: 6-foot-1

Wt: 195 lbs

Forty: 4.6 secs

Bench max: 235 pounds

Squat max: 245 pounds

Vertical: 32 inches

Class: 2008 (High School)

I've been told that we are recruiting him as a LB. He is apparently a better player than Philip Pierre-Louis, his teammate who we also offered recently.

Good grief man...and this is no lie...when i was 47 years old I was benching 235 and squatting 300! And I was 6'1 and about 205.... If this kid wants to be a linebacker in the SEC, he'll have to do better than that. Seriously.

:au::homer:

When I was 16 I could bench 235lbs and I only weighed 150lbs. But I could have never played major college football. Auburn, LSU and Miami believe this kid can.

AGAIN, we don't even know if those numbers are accurate, and if they are, the kid has a year and half to add strength before stepping onto the field.

I'm still calling BS. I have been around a lot of ball players that lift weights...it's hard for me to believe that a dude can squat 500 but only bench 235. I know that you should squat a lot more than you bench but 235 is pretty weak when it comes to benching...add to that a really strong squat max and I am calling a big fat BS. Most kids, including me at the time, love to do upper body but need to be really pushed to do legs...you have to really work to have a 500 lb squat....unless you only squat about 3" which may have been the case...

by the way...are you a f***ing stalker RWS? You really go and watch the kid work out? Either a stalker or a loser...

excuse me because i'm in pretty close with some guys on the team. it never hurts to know some folks. i've seen him work out a few times because i had to run one of their starting LBs that i know who lives right down the road from me up there a few times when his truck was broken down and his folks were at work. said LB happens to be an explorer with our fire department. you can call a big fat BS all you want. the fact of the matter is i've seen it with my own eyes. but hey, i'm sure that you obviously know more than i do about it. :rolleyes:

Whatever...you saw this KID put on 5 freaking plates plus a 2.5 on each side and squat??? BULL CRAP!!! Not with a 235 pound bench...no way...

Actually most squat bars are 50 pounds. :poke: Youre the dumb one if you dont believe Julio could squat 500 pounds. All because he has a low bench max. But yeah, its a conspiracy to rate him higher than he is.

Actually most squat bars are 50 pounds. :poke: Youre the dumb one if you dont believe Julio could squat 500 pounds. All because he has a low bench max. But yeah, its a conspiracy to rate him higher than he is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you are an idiot...why talk if you have no idea what you are talking about? It is quite obvious you have no clue...leave the talk for the grown ups please...

50 pounds...no no my friend...First of all, there is no such thing as a "squat bar"...and if there was, like ALL THE OTHER WEIGHTLIFTING BARS...it would be 45 lbs...

I promise, you do not want to get in this discussion with me. I promise I have way more experience in this department...unless you played pro football...

*EDIT*

I see you are only 20 years old...I am sorry for calling you an idiot but again, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. If you disagree with me fine...say it. Don't call me a "dumb one" and present a "fact" that you have NO IDEA what you are talking about!!!

My opinion is based on A LOT of players that I have seen lift weights. And it is my opinion, that there is no way a kid has a 500lb squat with only a 235lb bench. Coupled with the fact he is a skinny 6'2" and can run a 4.4, means he probably doesn't have much mass in his legs...that leads me to believe that this is pure and total BS!!!

LMAO why the hell did this turn into an argument about how much Julio Jones can squat??

Because RWS said he could and I call BS...

it started off that someone was wondering why Thompson's bench and squat was so low and why AU would offer, then someone mentioned that they didn't think high schoolers really developed much capacity until entering a collegiate S&C program. then i said i had seen alot of high schoolers do more than Thompson. more specifically the squat stat, and i stated that a HS WR such as JJ can squat 500. i just checked his Rivals profile and it says his bench max is 315lbs 13 reps (verified), squat max is 505lbs. he weighs 215lbs so its not like he's just a beanpole or anything. i've personally seen him bench 235 so i know that to be 100% fact, so prove to me somewhere where it is physically impossible for a person who benches 235 to squat 500. if you think the kid doesn't have any mass, you're on weed. he looks like he lives in the weight room.

also, since you're an expert, if i can only bench 150 then how much can i possibly leg press on free weights?

HOW IN THE HELL DO YOUR ARMS AND CHEST HELP YOU SQUAT MORE OR LESS?

It might help a little, but good God, somebody slap the s*** out of WAR EAGLE!!!.

We had a guy when I was in high school bench press 405 but could only squat 225. He had never worked out his legs - ever.

When I was in high school, I could bench 300 and squat 450. Are those numbers proportionate enough? Is that BS or are they connected in just the right way?

We also had a guy who benched 275 and squatted 600. He's playing at Memphis right now. Are those numbers skewed? Is that BS?

WAR EAGLE!!!, we aren't lifting rocks and boulders like you did back in your hey-day. There are plenty of machines that act as supplements to the major exercises like squats and bench. Maybe Julio didn't give two turds about his chest muscles and did a lot of work on his legs.

I'm 30...so my hay day wasn't that long ago. ALso, if you bench 300 and squat 450...that is precisely my point. The thread said that he could only bench 235 and squat 500. My point was that if a kid only worked out enough to bench 235...there was no way that he worked out enough to squat 500...it makes more sense that he can bench 315 and squat 500...that's not what was oringinally stated though and I don't stalk him like RWS...

I called BS...I still call BS... 500 is a lot of weight. Does your friend that play at Memphis play WR? I would bet not. Does he run a 4.4? I bet not. Does he have a 40" verticle? I bet not...

Where the f*** do you guys get off attacking me persoanlly...I called someone an idiot and then apologized for it. I have my opinion that I think this is bullsh*t and it is just that...an opinion.

And town...next time I am in Auburn and you want to slap me...I will be more than happy to introduce myself.

And RWS...leg press is not nessecarily considered free wieghts so that is a trick question...

I'm 30...so my hay day wasn't that long ago. ALso, if you bench 300 and squat 450...that is precisely my point. The thread said that he could only bench 235 and squat 500. My point was that if a kid only worked out enough to bench 235...there was no way that he worked out enough to squat 500...it makes more sense that he can bench 315 and squat 500...that's not what was oringinally stated though and I don't stalk him like RWS...

I called BS...I still call BS... 500 is a lot of weight. Does your friend that play at Memphis play WR? I would bet not. Does he run a 4.4? I bet not. Does he have a 40" verticle? I bet not...

Where the f*** do you guys get off attacking me persoanlly...I called someone an idiot and then apologized for it. I have my opinion that I think this is bullsh*t and it is just that...an opinion.

And town...next time I am in Auburn and you want to slap me...I will be more than happy to introduce myself.

And RWS...leg press is not nessecarily considered free wieghts so that is a trick question...

You're missing the point that it doesn't matter how much one can bench when it comes to leg workouts. It might seem odd or unlikely, but it's definitely possible.

Something I remember about Julio before this season was the radio heads talking about how the kid was a freak in the weight room. Whether or not that confirms the squat numbers is up to you.

And the second you called someone an idiot and attacked them about their age is where the **** we got off attacking you personally.

I'll meet you at the flagpole for next year's ULM game. Make it a few minutes before Tiger Walk because I don't want to miss anything good.

I'm not gettin' in this battle one way or another. I'll just say that I've been involved in weightlifting, bodybuilding etc. for more years than most of you have been alive and......

If those are Julio Jones' legs in that photo, he ain't sqattin' 500...400..300....

You're missing the point that it doesn't matter how much one can bench when it comes to leg workouts. It might seem odd or unlikely, but it's definitely possible.

No, I am not missing the point. It does seem unlikely that is why I called BS.

And the second you called someone an idiot and attacked them about their age is where the **** we got off attacking you personally.

Oh, you mean when I called someone an idiot and then immedietly aplogized in my edited post? And by the way, I called him an idiot originally because he said a "squat bar", whatever that is, was 50 lbs...I did not call him an idiot becasue of his opinion...

I'll meet you at the flagpole for next year's ULM game. Make it a few minutes before Tiger Walk because I don't want to miss anything good.

whatever... :rolleyes:

untitled-1.jpg

I'm not gettin' in this battle one way or another. I'll just say that I've been involved in weightlifting, bodybuilding etc. for more years than most of you have been alive and......

If those are Julio Jones' legs in that photo, he ain't sqattin' 500...400..300....

That was the whole point to my post...

Ok this is really dumb so this will be my last post. I dont really care if you call me an idiot or not because your opinion of me really doesnt matter. Whether you wanna believe it or not squat bars do exist. http://www.crainsmuscleworld.com/power-bar..._equipment.html They might not be exactly 50 lbs but most regular bars arent exactly 45 either, around 44, but Im sure you know that since you seem to know everything about what is possible. I just think your logic is so off, its crazy. You dont believe he can do 500 because how he looks and because his bench max which doesnt use any of the same muscle groups. Honestly, I think right now he could probably do more than 235 bench max because that number is probably a little old. As far as running fast and jumping high and high squat max would make the more logical not less logical. Strong legs help you jump higher and run faster. They didnt just make up this number and say he did it to fool everyone.

No, I am not missing the point. It does seem unlikely that is why I called BS.

Oh, you mean when I called someone an idiot and then immedietly aplogized in my edited post? And by the way, I called him an idiot originally because he said a "squat bar", whatever that is, was 50 lbs...I did not call him an idiot becasue of his opinion...

whatever... :rolleyes:

untitled-1.jpg

That was the whole point to my post...

Just because it's unlikely doesn't mean you get to call BS on an 18 year old kid whose numbers are published by a respected website. Who sounds more like the bullcrapper? Rivals, Julio Jones, or the one saying one can't squat a certain number because their bench press numbers don't agree?

You still called him an idiot. There's no going back against that no matter what the reason was. You misspelled half the BS you wrote, so you're an idiot. EDIT: Oh wait, I apologize for that comment, so no personal attacks please.

Did you really try to throw the "Internet tough guy" at me after this comment:

Are you that dense that you failed to realize that I meant it facetiously?

RWS...I have no clue...

I simply stated that I thought it was BS that Julio can squat 500 lbs...why does that matter? You guys think he can and want to slap me and call me old...that's cool too. I gave you several reasons based on my experience that lead me to that conclussion...but all the time I said it was my OPINION.

Esquire called BS on it too so why are you calling me out?

Mowegl...interesting site...I wonder what the difference is between a squat bar and the others...I saw no description.

Yes town, I threw the "internet tough guy" out on you. You talk a big game and that is precisely what an "internet tough guy" is. I would guess that anyone that has to get on here and attack people and talk about how much they bench and squat, probably has to hide behind a keyboard...once again, that is just my opinion...take it for what it is worth. And I have no problem with anyone calling me an idiot...that's cool and your opinion.

This is the last I will say of it...maybe...

Go back and look at who starting attacking who. I gave an opinion and then stated why I felt like I felt. I was called dumb and asked if I threw rocks back in my day... <_<

RWS...I have no clue...

I simply stated that I thought it was BS that Julio can squat 500 lbs...why does that matter? You guys think he can and want to slap me and call me old...that's cool too. I gave you several reasons based on my experience that lead me to that conclussion...but all the time I said it was my OPINION.

you have no clue? why not, if you know that JJ can't squat 500lbs just because he benches 235? whats the formula you use to form that opinion and i will figure it out for you? you said you've spent alot of time in the weight room around football players, so why can't you give me an expert opinion? you said the following to mowegl:

I promise, you do not want to get in this discussion with me. I promise I have way more experience in this department...unless you played pro football...

then you flat out called me a liar

BULL CRAP!!! Not with a 235 pound bench...no way...

so go ahead, prove me a liar. show me how there is no way. as you said above, you have way more experience since i haven't played pro football. go ahead, prove me a liar. in your professional opinion, if i can only bench 150 how much could i leg press? if i can bench 215 how much can i leg press? you have so much experience in this department you should know.....so why can't you tell me?

This is what I said...

I still believe that what I said is true. I also actually said later on that if he does 315 it makes it more plausiblethat he could squat 500...I would be almost certain that I a in fact more experienced than the three of you in this area. I never said I was an expert. I simply stated an opinion as to why I thought the way I did. Now, if we were talking about fires or stalking 5 star athletes, then you would have the edge in experience...

RWS...you are being argumentative and your last post is not relevant in this discussion at all...matter of fact, it's just dumb...

This is what I said...

I still believe that what I said is true. I also actually said later on that if he does 315 it makes it more plausiblethat he could squat 500...I would be almost certain that I a in fact more experienced than the three of you in this area. I never said I was an expert. I simply stated an opinion as to why I thought the way I did...

RWS...you are being argumentative and your last post is not relevant in this discussion at all...matter of fact, it's just dumb...

no, you said there is NO WAY what i said was correct. now prove it. if you're so experienced that you can tell me someone that benches 235 cannot squat 500, then tell me what he should be able to squat max. my last post was quite relevant since you said there is no way it could happen. so now prove to me that there is no way it could happen. the only reason i put out the 235 number is because that day thats what i actually physically saw him lifting. if Rivals says 315, then fine. i was simply stating what i actually saw that day. you opened this can of worms, not me. when you flat out tell somebody they are wrong about something they saw with their own eyes, i'm going to call you out on it. would you say since i can only bench 215 that there is no possible way i can leg press 530? would you say since i could only bench 150 when i started working on my upper body that there was no way i could leg press 500 at that time? i could leg press 500 when i could only bench 150 because i had legs like a horse and hadn't paid much attention to my upper body. then when i focused on upper body and only maintained lower body i added 65 to my bench press and 30 to my leg press.

Archived