My question is....

PigskinPat

How does someone hit a tree in a subdivision like that unless you are either A. careless/reckless and/or B. filled with the spirits?

Police: Sabans not injured in car accident

Posted by Ian R. Rapoport December 23, 2007 12:29 AM

Categories: Football

Here is some news that happened earlier tonight that will be in the paper tomorrow. Good news, it appears. Apparently, Nick and Terry Saban escaped uninjured from what police called a "minor" car accident Saturday night. Here is the quick story that will appear tomorrow:

Sabans not injured in car wreck

TUSCALOOSA - University of Alabama football coach Nick Saban did not sustain any injuries after he was involved in a car accident on Saturday night, according to Tuscaloosa police spokesman Capt. Greg Kosloff.

Saban and his wife Terry were driving near the entrance of their neighborhood, the Crown Pointe subdivision of Tuscaloosa, when their car struck a tree that was down across the road, Kosloff told The News. The accident took place around 9:30 p.m.

No one was injured in the one-car wreck, Kosloff said. As with any accident, officers did arrive on the scene and a report was filled out. It was not immediately available.

Other than to call it a "minor accident," Kosloff said he had no further details.

UA football spokesman Jeff Purinton was not available for comment early Sunday morning.

--Ian R. Rapoport

I know several people that live in the neighbor hood... It's nice obviously, but the road to CP is not a bright place at night. Large trees on either side, deer running all out in front of you and junk. They only do a test if they give the officer some reason to think they were drinking. But I don't think you want to hear that, so let's just say he was hosed and the cops let him go.

I know several people that live in the neighbor hood... It's nice obviously, but the road to CP is not a bright place at night. Large trees on either side, deer running all out in front of you and junk. They only do a test if they give the officer some reason to think they were drinking. But I don't think you want to hear that, so let's just say he was hosed and the cops let him go.

Riiiiiight. It's not bright at night. And you know the Saban's can't afford those pesky little things called HEADLIGHTS.

His driveway is a veritable obstacle course. He's just lucky one of those psychotic deer hasn't attacked him yet.

Riiiiiight. It's not bright at night. And you know the Saban's can't afford those pesky little things called HEADLIGHTS.

His driveway is a veritable obstacle course. He's just lucky one of those psychotic deer hasn't attacked him yet.

Thanks for trying, but try to read what I typed next time. I said the road to there neighborhood is poorly lit, not his driveway. "were driving near the entrance of their neighborhood" Like I was saying, I live in the city, and I know the area, and I go to CP often. The road to the neighborhood is basically through the woods with limited road visibility. I'm not claiming to be there when it happened, only that I know the area and it doesn't surprise me.

I am not shocked either. Just part of the "process". Gotta' "teach" young men and all....................

Amazing the amount of publicity that $4 mil will buy.............

Thanks for trying, but try to read what I typed next time. I said the road to there neighborhood is poorly lit, not his driveway. "were driving near the entrance of their neighborhood" Like I was saying, I live in the city, and I know the area, and I go to CP often. The road to the neighborhood is basically through the woods with limited road visibility. I'm not claiming to be there when it happened, only that I know the area and it doesn't surprise me.

Try yanking your head out of the sand and realizing that you're not the only person who lives in or near Tuscaloosa or who has been in that neighborhood.

I didn't say he was drunk or anything like that, but for you to immediately rush to his defense and start babbling about shadowy roads, murderous deer and murky nights is just silly. Better to have said nothing.

Right, better to post the article poking at the fact that he may have been drunk. Forgot I'm the only one here should have just not posted on something that is unimportant. And yes, I know you didn't post it.

Also, Pirates is awesome.

And let's not forget to look on the bright side: if it is poorly lit, then this will create a spark for changes to be made and adequate lighting will be installed. It usually takes a catastrophic accident like this for change to occur, you know, like the sinking of the Titanic or the crash of the Hindenburg. Aight?

THIS JUST IN:

Within 5 minutes of the collision, a strange, animal-like creature was seen getting into a cab 2 blocks away. The critter was described as about 6 feet tall, orange with black stripes and a long tail. The critter was carrying a cross-cut saw with "Roll Over This" written on it.

If you think you might know who/what this was, please keep it to yourself. B)

THIS JUST IN:

Within 5 minutes of the collision, a strange, animal-like creature was seen getting into a cab 2 blocks away. The critter was described as about 6 feet tall, orange with black stripes and a long tail. The critter was carrying a cross-cut saw with "Roll Over This" written on it.

If you think you might know who/what this was, please keep it to yourself. B)

Was he driving a Tiffin Motor Home?

What is Pirates?

It's a tender love story about a bloodthirsty band of Pirates who sail the seven seas and chase booty all day.

That's very true. I get all stiff with excitement every time I watch it.

At the risk of sounding objective:

Perhaps more information is out by now, but I'd like to point out that the original piece posted by PigskinPat doesn't even say Nick was driving, only that he was in the car...it could have been his wife at the wheel.

And there is no call for insinuating or suggesting anyone is guilty of driving under the influence merely because he/she hits an unexpected road hazard. It could happen to any of us with a momentary distraction--a quick glance at the radio, a sneezing fit, or fumbling briefly to turn on the defroster is all it takes.

Perhaps more information is out by now, but I'd like to point out that the original piece posted by PigskinPat doesn't even say Nick was driving, only that he was in the car...it could have been his wife at the wheel.

And there is no call for insinuating or suggesting anyone is guilty of driving under the influence merely because he/she hits an unexpected road hazard. It could happen to any of us with a momentary distraction--a quick glance at the radio, a sneezing fit, or fumbling briefly to turn on the defroster is all it takes.

Well, a tree in the road is a fact. He must have had a long sneeze to miss seeing it. "Fumbling" is what his players do.

You question whether Nick was even driving. Check out the article quoted above - "Saban and his wife Terry were driving. . ." They were both driving - He was obviously sitting in his wife's lap. How else could Nick see over the dash?? He surely couldn't reach the brake pedal, so it had to be the wife's fault.

:roflol::ua::roflol:

we had a tree fall across HWY 59 right at the Intracoastal Waterway bridge the other night when we had some bad weather and 2 people managed to hit it at once....and they weren't drunk. some of you just scrap for anything you can.....

we had a tree fall across HWY 59 right at the Intracoastal Waterway bridge the other night when we had some bad weather and 2 people managed to hit it at once....and they weren't drunk. some of you just scrap for anything you can.....

That Hurricane that blew through Tuscaloosa was a doozy, no?

Well, a tree in the road is a fact. He must have had a long sneeze to miss seeing it. "Fumbling" is what his players do.

You question whether Nick was even driving. Check out the article quoted above - "Saban and his wife Terry were driving. . ." They were both driving - He was obviously sitting in his wife's lap. How else could Nick see over the dash?? He surely couldn't reach the brake pedal, so it had to be the wife's fault.

:roflol::ua::roflol:

She should have been ticketed. Nick should never have been out of his car seat. Especially if there was inclement weather!

That Hurricane that blew through Tuscaloosa was a doozy, no?

actually, it was during a thunderstorm. unless you think i'm talking about a hurricane that came through here "the other night"

Archived