Starr Jackson's First Pass

townhallsavoy

INT.

He looks amazing so far in the Army game. I can't wait for him to start next year!

:flame:

He also took away top honors as the best QB at the AA game (over Pryor) after the week's worth of practice.

I see you haven't been back to give props on his TD pass or his mobility.

probably because he knew you would soon be by to take up the slack.

He also took away top honors as the best QB at the AA game (over Pryor) after the week's worth of practice.

I guess you've missed what I've been saying about Jackson for months: he's a workout warrior. I'm not surprised at all that he looked good throwing a football around in shorts during set drills. The knock on Jackson I've been hearing the entire time is that he struggles to run an offense in-game...and in the end isn't that all that matters? I could care less if the kid looks like Peyton Manning running drills if he cant repeat that in an actual in-game scenario.

Pryor is about 10 times better than Star Jackson, and its not even close. Yes, I saw Jackson's mobility: he got tackled for about a 5-yard loss.

I guess you've missed what I've been saying about Jackson for months: he's a workout warrior. I'm not surprised at all that he looked good throwing a football around in shorts during set drills. The knock on Jackson I've been hearing the entire time is that he struggles to run an offense in-game...and in the end isn't that all that matters? I could care less if the kid looks like Peyton Manning running drills if he cant repeat that in an actual in-game scenario.

Pryor is about 10 times better than Star Jackson, and its not even close. Yes, I saw Jackson's mobility: he got tackled for about a 5-yard loss.

He looked pretty good on that TD pass. And his WR could have helped him on the INT. He looked mobile rolling out and hitting that out route.

He looked pretty good on that TD pass. And his WR could have helped him on the INT. He looked mobile rolling out and hitting that out route.

He got a lot of help on the TD pass. It was short and the throw positioned the DB between the receiver and the ball. Fortunately, the WR had about 6 inches on the DB and outjumped him for it. I'm not saying it was a sorry throw, but I would hardly say it was impressive either.

Here's an idea, wait til he gets to Bama before you rag on him. How old is he, 18? How old are you? Lay off a bunch of kids out having a good time in an all star game.

and it's STAR, not STARR.

He got a lot of help on the TD pass. It was short and the throw positioned the DB between the receiver and the ball. Fortunately, the WR had about 6 inches on the DB and outjumped him for it. I'm not saying it was a sorry throw, but I would hardly say it was impressive either.

I thought it was a great throw. It wasn't absolutely on the money, but rolling left under pressure and having to throw off of his back foot...I thought he showed some impressive arm strength. Even on the INT his arm looked quite live. Which is more than you can say for Pryor who looks to be a run first QB.

Had he thrown that same exact pass to a 6-1 or 6-2 WR instead of a 6-6 one, it's at best a incomplete pass. I'll give you the arm strength. But in all other respects, that was not a great pass. It was a great catch though.

Had he thrown that same exact pass to a 6-1 or 6-2 WR instead of a 6-6 one, it's at best a incomplete pass. I'll give you the arm strength. But in all other respects, that was not a great pass. It was a great catch though.

Par for your course of late.

INT.

He looks amazing so far in the Army game. I can't wait for him to start next year!

Oh, I can't wait for Trotter! Best showing I've seen in an Alabama v Mississippi game, EVER!

INT.

Oh, I can't wait for Trotter! Best showing I've seen in an Alabama v Mississippi game, EVER!

"How old is he, 18? How old are you? Lay off a bunch of kids out having a good time in an all star game."

:homer:

Par for your course of late.

Actually I haven't said much of anything about individual recruits on either side lately. I just happened to get to see Star play today and he's very athletic but raw in my opinion, for the college game. That doesn't mean he won't be any good, but I wouldn't expect him to be an instant savior either.

Here's an idea, wait til he gets to Bama before you rag on him. How old is he, 18? How old are you? Lay off a bunch of kids out having a good time in an all star game.

Here's a better idea, we'll discuss how someone looks on the field and you'll stop being melodramatic about it.

QUOTE(Ashandarei)

Here's a better idea, we'll discuss how someone looks on the field and you'll stop being melodramatic about it.

:roflol:

we could be waiting a while.

INT.

"How old is he, 18? How old are you? Lay off a bunch of kids out having a good time in an all star game."

Welcome to the joke.

INT.

Welcome to the joke.

good one.

:no:

At the time, I wasn't saying anything about the kids having a good time in the all star game. I was ragging a kid who obviously wasn't having a good time in the all star game after he went 0-1 with 1 INT.

INT.

Would that be the game where the bammers' savior (who hasn't committed yet) Julio Jones got TOTALLY shut out the entire game? Maybe if Trotter had had some help from his OL and receivers he would have looked a little better. Or maybe Julio thought it may hurt his "future" if he gave 100%. These games don't count you know. Saban probably told him not to put out for the game, ya think?

I think the reason for this thread was the way you bammers got on here and dogged out Trotter for his performance in that game. You know, turn about is fair play?

Would that be the game where the bammers' savior (who hasn't committed yet) Julio Jones got TOTALLY shut out the entire game? Maybe if Trotter had had some help from his OL and receivers he would have looked a little better. Or maybe Julio thought it may hurt his "future" if he gave 100%. These games don't count you know. Saban probably told him not to put out for the game, ya think?

Yeah, Julio was playing hurt in that game. It was widely reported too.

And he played in an all star game yesterday that had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more talent than the AL/MS game...and had 94 yards - double that of any other WR in the game.

Nice try though.

Yeah, Julio was playing hurt in that game. It was widely reported too.

And he played in an all star game yesterday that had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more talent than the AL/MS game...and had 94 yards - double that of any other WR in the game.

Nice try though.

Sooooo bg, how long has JJ had that Turf Toe... or was it a hang nail?

Sooooo bg, how long has JJ had that Turf Toe... or was it a hang nail?

I'm guessing since he doubled every other receivers performance in the All Star game saturday...he's healthy again.

If throwing ONE interception is such a terrible thing......how the hell did Brandon Cox even make it past the first few games this season?

If throwing ONE interception is such a terrible thing......how the hell did Brandon Cox even make it past the first few games this season?

Well, technically he didn't. He was pulled in the 1st quarter of our third game. He also didn't start the New Mexico St game.

Well, technically he didn't. He was pulled in the 1st quarter of our third game. He also didn't start the New Mexico St game.

Ok. Well, if you'll forgive your 5 year senior quarterback for screwing up a few times...I'm sure we will be able to get past an 18 year old high school kid throwing an interception.

Archived