The Best Place To Coach In The Country?

Proud Tiger

bammers like to crow that UAT is the best place in the country to coach, and would like you to believe that coaches would crawl there for an opportunity. With Saban as HC, it is supposed to be an honor to be a Coordinator or Ass't. Funny that four of their top candidates for the OC have now expressed they are not interested, namely Chris Hatcher, Jack Del Rio, Kent Austin and now Jeff Brohm. The bammer spin will be interesting. I can't wait. i expect the top responses will be:

1. None were offered the job to start with (I'm ready for this one)

2. We didn't want any of those guys anyhow.

3. The guy who takes the job is the one we wanted to start with.

Other things you expect to hear, just add to the list.

bammers like to crow that UAT is the best place in the country to coach, and would like you to believe that coaches would crawl there for an opportunity. With Saban as HC, it is supposed to be an honor to be a Coordinator or Ass't. Funny that four of their top candidates for the OC have now expressed they are not interested, namely Chris Hatcher, Jack Del Rio, Kent Austin and now Jeff Brohm. The bammer spin will be interesting. I can't wait. i expect the top responses will be:

i don't know if this follows along with your request, but most bammers i know (which is sadly a whole lot) have stated numerous times that they have no idea why anyone would want to coach at alabama due to the absolutely ridiculous expectations of their fanbase.

i don't know if this follows along with your request, but most bammers i know (which is sadly a whole lot) have stated numerous times that they have no idea why anyone would want to coach at alabama due to the absolutely ridiculous expectations of their fanbase.

You know a whole different set of bammers than I do. :)

Jack Del Rio??? The Head Coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars? Yeah.....Plus he's a Defensive Head Coach. Do the bammers really think that the All Powerful sabahr could change a Defensive Minded Coach into an OC? Or, that a Head Coach in the NFL would want to be their......Anything?

Actually, I am hearing a viewpoint from the bammers that none of you have said so far. They are saying, "Well, if (so-and-so) don't want to be a Champion, then we don't want him no way."

:roflol:

Actually, I am hearing a viewpoint from the bammers that none of you have said so far. They are saying, "Well, if (so-and-so) don't want to be a Champion, then we don't want him no way."

"If he wants to win championships, and I know Applewhite does, then he'll stay. You don't win no championships at UT, man. You win championships at UA." - Damion Square

You know a whole different set of bammers than I do. :)

and they're still annoying as hell.

...commit this fact to memory gentlemen. tuscaloser is not the end of the earth, but you can see if from there.

"If he wants to win championships, and I know Applewhite does, then he'll stay. You don't win no championships at UT, man. You win championships at UA." - Damion Square

The funniest part about Damion Square saying that, is that he's from Houston, Texas. They ain't drinkin' the kool-aid anymore, they're being Injected with it.

The funniest part about Damion Square saying that, is that he's from Houston, Texas. They ain't drinkin' the kool-aid anymore, they're being Injected with it.

That wasn't the brightest thing in the world for him to say, but what do you expect from a kid excited about the university he's going to enroll in? He's pumped he's going to play for Alabama, and though we haven't been great recently, people do still get excited about UA. Auburn hasn't exactly set the world on fire, despite your great record the past 8 years... But I guess all your recruits just don't say anything.

That wasn't the brightest thing in the world for him to say, but what do you expect from a kid excited about the university he's going to enroll in? He's pumped he's going to play for Alabama, and though we haven't been great recently, people do still get excited about UA. Auburn hasn't exactly set the world on fire, despite your great record the past 8 years... But I guess all your recruits just don't say anything.

they say it on the field.

Who? Who gets excited? All you rednecks and the few players that you are able to deceive by telling them they are going to have a meaningful experience at Alabama.

It's all smoke and mirrors down there, man. Wake up and come back to reality. Alabama is the home of mediocrity. You can't even find an OC because the rockstar coach you hired for sake of impression is so much of a jackass nobody will work for him.

Nobody gets excited about Alabama. You are more irrelevant in 2008 than ever before in history.

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

- Abraham Lincoln

Cross off another on. Former Michigan OC Scot Loeffler (RR didn't retain him) has turned bama down (after being interviewed by the way) and taken a job with the Lions. Where is tha magic wand Nick?

The lated hope is Nebraska OC Shawn Watson. Wow the bottom of the barrel is near......Nebraska just had it's worst year in a long time.

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

- Abraham Lincoln

Uh...you're in the wrong state to be quoting that treasonous bastage.... :puke:

JMHO

:au::homer:

Cross off another on. Former Michigan OC Scot Loeffler (RR didn't retain him) has turned bama down (after being interviewed by the way) and taken a job with the Lions. Where is tha magic wand Nick?

The lated hope is Nebraska OC Shawn Watson. Wow the bottom of the barrel is near......Nebraska just had it's worst year in a long time.

No, no, no. They know exactly who they want and they will offer him the job when they are good and damn well ready. As soon as they ask, he will fall on bended knee and accept on the spot. Insinuating that they have offered anyone else is pure blasphemy.

It sure is taking folks a hell of a long time to crawl to tuscaloser. We've all been told time and time again that any coach would crawl to tuscaloser for an opportunity to coach tha tahd.

I think they will have their guy named immediately after the Super Bowl ends. Either Tom Coughlin or Bill Belichick will announce during their post-game interview that they are leaving the NFL to become the OC at :ua: . :roflol:

- Abraham Lincoln

Uh...you're in the wrong state to be quoting that treasonous bastage.... :puke:

JMHO

:au::homer:

Treasonous with respect to what? I'd be interested to hear your definition of treason. ;)

Regardless of what you think of him, it's a good quote.

Archived