25 years later...

quietfan

I remember that night. I drove down to Tuscaloosa that afternoon because a girl I knew invited me to go out and have fun that night. Mind you, she was spanky and hotter than flowing lava, and I just knew that I would be laying some pipe. A guy just knows these things.

So I get to her apartment, and all these people are there, crying and drinking. I ask, "What's wrong?"

Some brainless sorority girl sobbed, "Baaaahhhhrrresssssdeeeeedddddddd...."

"What?"

She was joined by another brainless sorority girl, except this time at a much higher octave, "Baaaahhhhrrrrrssssssded..........waaaaaaaaaaaaa." Then, their wailing went into an even higher note until the point where a coffee mug on the counter shattered, and Lisa's dog started howling.

Honestly, it took me five minutes to decipher what they were caterwauling about.

So, I was about to cut my losses and head back to Birmingham, but Lisa insisted I stay. So, then, we go out that night, and the place was like a tomb. The only people in the bars were really mean drunks, who were really pissed off because Baaaahhhhrrrrrssssssded. While I recognized the solemnity of the moment, I guess I just didn't look sad enough, because I nearly got my ass kicked because I picked some lighthearted music on the jukebox. What's more, Lisa's sorority friends all showed wearing black, not to mention enough mascara to keep the circus going. There wasn't a cheek in that place that wasn't streaked with Maybeillene.

Finally, I couldn't take it any more. Lisa and I headed back to her apartment. But her roommate was there watching the news about Baaaahhhhrrrrrssssssdeath, so Lisa had to console her. I never did get laid that night. In fact, it took several more months for us to get together and, by then, the chemistry was lost.

Damn Bear Bryant for not waiting another day to kick the bucket.

Reason #32452346 to hate Bama: posthumous cockblocking

Ok... that one needed a keyboard warning! I laughed so hard at this story and subsequent comment that I couldn't catch my breath for a few minutes. Thanks for the entertainment!!

That really was great. McWeagle did you lol to yourself when you wrote that or just chuckle?

I remember that night. I drove down to Tuscaloosa that afternoon because a girl I knew invited me to go out and have fun that night. Mind you, she was spanky and hotter than flowing lava, and I just knew that I would be laying some pipe. A guy just knows these things.

So I get to her apartment, and all these people are there, crying and drinking. I ask, "What's wrong?"

Some brainless sorority girl sobbed, "Baaaahhhhrrresssssdeeeeedddddddd...."

"What?"

She was joined by another brainless sorority girl, except this time at a much higher octave, "Baaaahhhhrrrrrssssssded..........waaaaaaaaaaaaa." Then, their wailing went into an even higher note until the point where a coffee mug on the counter shattered, and Lisa's dog started howling.

Honestly, it took me five minutes to decipher what they were caterwauling about.

So, I was about to cut my losses and head back to Birmingham, but Lisa insisted I stay. So, then, we go out that night, and the place was like a tomb. The only people in the bars were really mean drunks, who were really pissed off because Baaaahhhhrrrrrssssssded. While I recognized the solemnity of the moment, I guess I just didn't look sad enough, because I nearly got my ass kicked because I picked some lighthearted music on the jukebox. What's more, Lisa's sorority friends all showed wearing black, not to mention enough mascara to keep the circus going. There wasn't a cheek in that place that wasn't streaked with Maybeillene.

Finally, I couldn't take it any more. Lisa and I headed back to her apartment. But her roommate was there watching the news about Baaaahhhhrrrrrssssssdeath, so Lisa had to console her. I never did get laid that night. In fact, it took several more months for us to get together and, by then, the chemistry was lost.

Damn Bear Bryant for not waiting another day to kick the bucket.

Reason #32452346 to hate Bama: posthumous cockblocking

Ok... that one needed a keyboard warning! I laughed so hard at this story and subsequent comment that I couldn't catch my breath for a few minutes. Thanks for the entertainment!!

That really was great. McWeagle did you lol to yourself when you wrote that or just chuckle?

I was already laughing so hard at that story... I really don't remember... hehe

Archived