Super Tuesday Prediction Thread

RunInRed

Let's see if we can get some predictions.

Alabama:

R- McCain, Huckabee, Romney, Paul

D- Obama, Clinton

Georgia:

R- McCain, Huckabee, Romney, Paul

D- Obama, Clinton

Tennessee:

R - McCain, Huckabee, Romney, Paul

D - Clinton, Obama

California:

R- McCain, Romney, Huckabee, Paul

D- Obama, Clinton

New York:

D- Clinton, Obama

New Jersey:

D- Clinton, Obama

Illinois:

D- Obama, Clinton

Will either party have their nominee come Wednesday morning?

R- Yes, McCain

D- No, let the fun and games begin

God I hope you are wrong. I really hope McCain does't sweep. I think Romney may win some states. McCain gets a lot of votes from people that haven't really followed what is going on or what he stands for. He is the most recognizable of the names and so people feel comfortable with him. I was talking to my mom and asked her who she was voting for. When she said McCain, I asked why. She had no idea...she had no real stance or knew what he stood for...but she was voting for him. This baffles my mind...

Needless to say I encouraged her to go and do some research on McCain and the other candidates to see which one she thought fit in best with her views. Not sure if she did it or not....

Romney has a decent chance in MA, CA, GA and Tn according to these polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...#upcomingstates

It will be interesting to see how many independents vote Democratic or how many Republicans stay home who would have voted for McCain b/c of his supposed "lock" of the nomination. That could give Romney a shot.

I will say this, the Dems would be licking their chops over Huckabee or Romney. Both would get killed in a general election IMO. McCain is by far the best chance for the Repubs in the national election.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...t/national.html

Romney has a decent chance in MA, CA, GA and Tn according to these polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...#upcomingstates

It will be interesting to see how many independents vote Democratic or how many Republicans stay home who would have voted for McCain b/c of his supposed "lock" of the nomination. That could give Romney a shot.

I will say this, the Dems would be licking their chops over Huckabee or Romney. Both would get killed in a general election IMO. McCain is by far the best chance for the Repubs in the national election.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...t/national.html

Only problem is that McCain is a democrat in republican clothing...

And I disagree about the general election...here is my take. If Obama wins the nomination, he takes the white house. If Clinton wins the nomination, whoever she is running against takes the white house.

I really don't think there are enough people out there that would actually vote for Hillary in a general election. However, Obama is saying all the right things right now if you are a Dem. I don't agree with a word he says, but he is bringing the "hope for change"...and that is a big tool in today's US.

I agree that Obama is much more electable than Hillary b/c of his broad appeal and b/c his negatives are much lower than hers.

Hillary would be McCain's (or whoever's) biggest asset in terms of uniting the Republican party. If for nothing else, it could be a vote against, Hillary.

Personally, I'd rather be for somebody than against somebody...which is obviously why Obama is the better choice in terms of electability for the Dems.

Time will tell...I'm concerned...but maybe Obama can have a good showing today.

God I hope you are wrong. I really hope McCain does't sweep. I think Romney may win some states. McCain gets a lot of votes from people that haven't really followed what is going on or what he stands for. He is the most recognizable of the names and so people feel comfortable with him. I was talking to my mom and asked her who she was voting for. When she said McCain, I asked why. She had no idea...she had no real stance or knew what he stood for...but she was voting for him. This baffles my mind...

Needless to say I encouraged her to go and do some research on McCain and the other candidates to see which one she thought fit in best with her views. Not sure if she did it or not....

"Because Shitt Romney needs to be riding in the bit*h seat of Barbie's pink Cadillac" would have been an appropriate response.

"Because Shitt Romney needs to be riding in the bit*h seat of Barbie's pink Cadillac" would have been an appropriate response.

And Obama or Hilary are not riding bitch with anyone huh??? ok...

Archived