Alabama has the better forums

autiger4life

I don't know if anyone ever gets to read some of the forums on the pay sites but the Bama forums are gold. Everything from, hey JJ gained 10 lbs. Saban is great getting these guys to buff up(as if every college coach doesn't do that) to we are dominating all other teams in the offseason. It is increadible. You have to give them credit for being the most optimistic people in the world.

If I was a boxer, I would want a bama fan in my corner because no matter what was happening they would be absolutely sure I was about to win the belt.

They truly do see the world through Crimson Glasses. The glass is always full of 12 MNC's and Da Bear. My boss and I have been at it all week watching You Tube videos. Auburn's videos are all of the present domination. They only things they brag about are 92 and back, but they still brag.

I don't know if anyone ever gets to read some of the forums on the pay sites but the Bama forums are gold. Everything from, hey JJ gained 10 lbs. Saban is great getting these guys to buff up(as if every college coach doesn't do that) to we are dominating all other teams in the offseason. It is increadible. You have to give them credit for being the most optimistic people in the world.

If I was a boxer, I would want a bama fan in my corner because no matter what was happening they would be absolutely sure I was about to win the belt.

You just described every team's offseason message board. If you don't think fans are inately optimistic about their team...especially starting a new year...you are wrong beyond just politics.

You just described every team's offseason message board. If you don't think fans are inately optimistic about their team...especially starting a new year...you are wrong beyond just politics.

BG- Where do you see JJ on the current LB depth chart? 2nd team MLB?

I do love my dark navy shades. B)

Yeah, the overwhelming optimism at AUNation is killing me.

"Tuberville recruited horribly"

"All our players got hurt during the spring"

"We can't keep our best assistants"

"We can't settle on a QB"

I swear, if things start going any better I will hang myself.

BG- Where do you see JJ on the current LB depth chart? 2nd team MLB?

Right now he's like Blackmon was early on. Hits anything that moves, incredible motor, but doesn't always know where to be.

If Zeke can't get back and play, JJ may start. Which is a pretty bleak outlook for our LBs.

No no no no. They are nothing alike. They both have passionate fans that care a lot about their schools and layers. I would say an AU forum focuses much more on what is happening and UA focuses much more on what has or hopefully will happen. I see much much much more optimism on Bama forums, I mean it really isn't even close. Anytime I see someone complain on the Bama forums there are ten peole who jump on them and tell them to shut up and they are dead wrong. On AUnation the negative comments are USUALLY about 50-50, everything from Cox to Borges to Chris Todd and Codi.

No no no no. They are nothing alike. They both have passionate fans that care a lot about their schools and layers. I would say an AU forum focuses much more on what is happening and UA focuses much more on what has or hopefully will happen. I see much much much more optimism on Bama forums, I mean it really isn't even close. Anytime I see someone complain on the Bama forums there are ten peole who jump on them and tell them to shut up and they are dead wrong. On AUnation the negative comments are USUALLY about 50-50, everything from Cox to Borges to Chris Todd and Codi.

So you don't think human nature, and the nature of fans, is to have a positive outlook about their fans/players/coaches?

There's a reason why EVERY FANBASE IN THE WORLD overvalues every recruit they get.

So you don't think human nature, and the nature of fans, is to have a positive outlook about their fans/players/coaches?

There's a reason why EVERY FANBASE IN THE WORLD overvalues every recruit they get.

No I agree that every fanbase in the world over values their team, maybe with the exception of Vanderbilt. However, I have never found a team so optimistic as Alabama fans on their forums. Not even close.

You obviously haven't been to ITAT lately...

I think when it comes down to it, every fan forum of UT, UF, AU, UA, UGA, and LSU are pretty much the same in terms of crazy people, homers, and idiots

I will say this....whenever I visit TideFans......I do agree with some AU fans here that they really do have the most.....how do I say this....entitlement view of anyone else that I have seen on the internet

I personally enjoyed my trips to Tusc when I went and liked the people so I got nothing against them personally

But their internet fans are a tad different then others.....some in good ways, some in bad.

Archived