Another ex-Tider arrested

AUman43

From the Mobile Paper

• Former football standout arrested

Prichard police subdued Alabama great Keith McCants with a Taser gun and arrested him Friday evening after undercover officers saw him panhandling in the company of two apparent prostitutes flagging down drivers along U.S. 45, authorities said.

Gosh, will it never end? B)

From the Mobile Paper

• Former football standout arrested

Prichard police subdued Alabama great Keith McCants with a Taser gun and arrested him Friday evening after undercover officers saw him panhandling in the company of two apparent prostitutes flagging down drivers along U.S. 45, authorities said.

Gosh, will it never end? B)

He was trying to get an ending :big:

Tasered!? Must have been another Auburn cop, 'cause we all know Bama players never resist arrest or fail to cooperate with legit law enforcement authorities... <_<

...and just to save BG the post: Link?

Poor sabear. He can't help it. He inherited a corrupt situation that dates back many-many-many-many decades and will not change...ever....

This is really pitiful. As bad as I hate to admit it about a bammer player, this guy was an absolute FREAK when he played at bama. He had unlimited talent and should have ruled the NFL for as long as he wanted to. What a waste.

"Don't let your kids grow up to be uaters....." Better a corndog than a convict...."

A few more details:

http://www.wkrg.com/news/article/former_fo...ed_again/12168/

Prichard police have arrested former NFL and University of Alabama football star Keith McCants.

According to police, McCants was loitering in a business parking lot on Highway 45 Friday night, along with two women who were attempting to flag down motorists.

When officers confronted McCants, he became hostile and refused to drop a screwdriver, a pair of pliers and a crack pipe. Police say he threw the items, almost hitting an officer in the head.

McCants was tasered, arrested and booked into Prichard City Jail and charged with loitering, resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Prichard Police did not provide any information on the two women with McCants, saying it was part of an on-going investigation.

Back in February, Mobile Police arrested McCants at a vacant house on State Street and charged him with loitering and possession of drug paraphernalia.

McCants was born in Mobile and played football at Murphy High School and the University of Alabama. He was drafted in 1990 by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and played 6 years in the NFL.

Joking aside, it's saddening and maddening to see how quickly crack can destroy people. Having witnessed it ruin the lives of several people I knew personally--including the suicide of a neighbor/friend--I have to feel a little sympathy. I can't help but wonder: But for the grace of God could it have been me, had the drug existed in my days of youthful excess back in the1970's?

A few more details:

http://www.wkrg.com/news/article/former_fo...ed_again/12168/

Prichard police have arrested former NFL and University of Alabama football star Keith McCants.

According to police, McCants was loitering in a business parking lot on Highway 45 Friday night, along with two women who were attempting to flag down motorists.

When officers confronted McCants, he became hostile and refused to drop a screwdriver, a pair of pliers and a crack pipe. Police say he threw the items, almost hitting an officer in the head.

McCants was tasered, arrested and booked into Prichard City Jail and charged with loitering, resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Prichard Police did not provide any information on the two women with McCants, saying it was part of an on-going investigation.

Back in February, Mobile Police arrested McCants at a vacant house on State Street and charged him with loitering and possession of drug paraphernalia.

McCants was born in Mobile and played football at Murphy High School and the University of Alabama. He was drafted in 1990 by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and played 6 years in the NFL.

Joking aside, it's saddening and maddening to see how quickly crack can destroy people. Having witnessed it ruin the lives of several people I knew personally--including the suicide of a neighbor/friend--I have to feel a little sympathy. I can't help but wonder: But for the grace of God could it have been me, had the drug existed in my days of youthful excess back in the1970's?

Agreed. I really think I was sheltered until I worked at the DA's office down here and saw the AMOUNT of people who completely threw away their life to crack and other sorts of drugs. It is so, so sad

Archived