Just disgusting

WarDamn

Boy, how 'bout that religion of peace...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080514/...ng-3fd0ae9.html

By Sky News SkyNews - Wednesday, May 14 03:52 pm

An eight-year-old girl strapped with explosives has blown up and killed an Iraqi army captain.

(Advertisement)

The bomb was detonated by remote control, injuring four soldiers in addition to the one who died, an Iraqi Army spokesman said.

Local authorities imposed a curfew in the area and American troops launched a search for those responsible.

US soldiers confirmed that a young girl was involved in the attack, which took place near Youssifiyah, south of the capital, Baghdad.

The horrific bombing came as Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki flew to Mosul to take charge of a major offensive against al Qaeda.

The US military says the northern city is the terror group's last major urban stronghold in Iraq.

Military officials hope the offensive will deliver a knockout blow.

Sunni Islamist al Qaeda gunmen have regrouped in Mosul and the surrounding province of Nineveh after being pushed out of Baghdad and western Anbar province by US and Iraqi forces.

Moqtada al Sadr's opposition movement struck a deal the ruling Shi'ite alliance to end running battles in Baghdad, although sporadic clashes keep breaking out.

Prob should be posted at the Politically Speaking board. But it's pure evil we are fighting against, and too few are willing to admit it.

WarDamn, I moved this thread to this forum due to its' inherently political themes.

Alan

No prob. When I posted this I didn't put it there because when I think "Political Forum" I think about all the red state/blue state bickering that typically occurs there. Felt like surely this transcended any of that so I placed it where I did. Feel free to do whatever.

I don't think anyone here is FOR terrorism. I would have put in all things considered.

Archived