The First Rag

weagl1

Our favorite pre-season publication in on the shelf already. They have AU at #13 and UGA #1. UF at #5 and LSU #10, with no mention of the Perilloux departure to Jax State. As always, more interested in being first than being accurate. Bammer is at #22, which shows what a bammer homer rag piece of crap they are. Maybe they are counting on a bunch of true freshman to fill in the holes on the defense, which is always a great plan? Of course, I never buy it (why spend your money on garbage) but I did see it in the store last night and I thought some of you might have a few bucks you wanted to piss away. :au:

It does...Scott Griffin and the guy from Fox 6(can't remember his name) were making fun of it...they also had Kindy on and of course he gushed over Bama and down played LSU and AU when asked about them.....

Lindy's does rate Bama's backfield at #7 along with the #6 offensive line. However, they do not rank Bama as the #22 team. Lindy's puts them at #20. Lindy's bottom line is: "Get the Tide while you can, because Saban is building."

Anyone find Lindsy's to be worth it?

I usually order them online but don't want to unless they go in depth and not just boring over-views which have nothing substantially interesting to them

Go figure that both in Lindy's Magazine, both the "Southeastern Edition" & "SEC Edition" have Tebow on the cover. Ya, Ya...he won the Heisman....would just think their #1 team would get the cover

Anyone find Lindsy's to be worth it?

I usually order them online but don't want to unless they go in depth and not just boring over-views which have nothing substantially interesting to them

Go figure that both in Lindy's Magazine, both the "Southeastern Edition" & "SEC Edition" have Tebow on the cover. Ya, Ya...he won the Heisman....would just think their #1 team would get the cover

Yeah, no crap man..........Te-bow should be on the "regional publications", but on the cover of the SEC???? No way...How can they not but UGA on their? I am suprised that Lil Nicky's not on there, what with his awesome cruiting and his "love" for the media and his fans........

They will sell way more magazines than if they would have put bama where they should be ranked. Look for someone from Lindy's to be on Finebaum soon pimping the magazine and honking bama's bobo.

What is the freakin' deal with honkin' the Bammie bobo? 7-6. Lost 4 of the last 5 including La. Monroe. Lost their biggest playmakers on offense and 2 of the only 3 guys worth a crap on defense. The schedule hits the year when the tough ones are on the road....and suddenly, they're a top 20 team????

Based on WHAT?? Look, they may turn out better than expected. Who knows, lot's of teams do that. But how can you look at that team from last year, who they lost, the schedule they face and say with a straight face that you don't have Tuscaloosa dirt stains on your knees?

What is the freakin' deal with honkin' the Bammie bobo? 7-6. Lost 4 of the last 5 including La. Monroe. Lost their biggest playmakers on offense and 2 of the only 3 guys worth a crap on defense. The schedule hits the year when the tough ones are on the road....and suddenly, they're a top 20 team????

Based on WHAT?? Look, they may turn out better than expected. Who knows, lot's of teams do that. But how can you look at that team from last year, who they lost, the schedule they face and say with a straight face that you don't have Tuscaloosa dirt stains on your knees?

they wear knee pads...

Have you forgotten they have...him (queue music)?

And I have to somewhat agree, if we paid that much for a coach I would be expecting top 25 in his second year...maybe top 15.

I haven't bought Lindy's in many years. They were all over the place and I quit. I haven't bought Athlon's in 2 years, the internet is better.

Honestly, I have no doubts $aban will make that program relevant again. For all his personality shortcomings etc. he's a good coach and he'll eventually make them better IF he sticks around. (Joe Paterno isn't in the best of health and he's 81.....just sayin')

But, let's get real here. Look at all the issues from last year...the record...losing your top playmakers on both sides of the ball...the schedule this year and on and on. If this was ooohhh saaayyy...Memphis that was being analyzed with that same scenario and not Bama, would they have them in the top 20? Not no, but hail no!!!!

Oh, and let's all hold our breath until Phil Steele, who's UNCANNY I tell ya' with his extraordinary picks, tabs Alabama as his dark horse team to win the SEC and play for a national title.

Ya'll seem to forget. The object is to SELL THE MAGAZINE! In honking bama's bobo and pimpin on Finescum will help them sell magazines they will be hard at it. It doesn't have to be factual for the magazine to sell because no one goes back and checks the facts. Just look at the other crap in the checkout line at the grocery store. The "Bammer's back" stuff should be right next to the secret alien discovery and the picture of the fat woman's butt that they swear is Jessica Simpson. :)

Me and a couple guys sitting around the wood stove could come up with a better Top 5 than these jokers.

Research and media don't belong in the same sentence any more.

I would not buy any of those magazines. Save your $.

This is part of Saban's recruiting strategy! Crank up the publicity campaign and get the word out to the local and national media. This is one area we at Auburn are seriously deficient and I can't understand why! Anyone remember the billboards and TV spots during the "tater tot" era? Although he couldn't recruit, the publicity was good and had he used that tool more to recruit, he might have been more successful. Auburn seems to ignore t he media and therefore, they ignore us.

I am sure I will get battered but here goes

I said last year I thought Alabama would surprise people and well...they were until LSU

I think again Alabama COULD surprise and win the West. They also have as good a shot of winning 7 games though....this team comes off to me as FULL of potential but also FULL of holes

I think their defense will be VERY good even with only 6 starters coming back. Saban's D system is IMO the most complicated in the country and it takes awhile to learn it so the more time they have with it, the better

I also think Bama benefits greatly from almost the entire OL returning and a QB with experience returning

I do think the REASON for Bama choking away a game or two will be because JPW is one of the most inconsistent QB's I have ever seen.

Archived