Cross your political line and answer this question

BamaGrad03

Ok, democrats, you have to vote for a republican. Republicans, you have to vote for a democrat...for president.

It doesn't have to be from the current pool in the primary.

The question is...assume you HAD to vote for the opposite party for president. Who are some people from the rival party that you could really get behind? And if you'd like to expound...why would you pick that person?

And republicans, don't just pick some republican in democrats clothing...dems vice versa.

I could see myself voting for Harold Ford Jr.

Zell Miller, a courageous man who has discovered the true intent of the Democrat Party.

Zell Miller, a courageous man who has discovered the true intent of the Democrat Party.

And republicans, don't just pick some republican in democrats clothing

Well then, you can't pick RINOs.

Well then, you can't pick RINOs.

List who you think are the RINOs?

Abraham Lincoln. (wait..do they have to be alive? ;) )....

Basically I would look for this:

"It is our solemn responsibility to show that government can have both a head and a heart; that it can be both progressive and solvent; and that it can serve the people without becoming their master."

A few I would consider...

Colin Powell.

Benjamin Netanyahu.

Arlen Spectar.

Even Scharwzenegger could be an interesting candidate...

Michael Bloomberg.

Shoot, that was the first one that popped in my mind. :P What about Joe? Do you consider him to fall in that category?

Harold Ford Jr, Bud Cramer (even if he is retiring), Zell Miller, Joe Liberman, maybe one or two others.

Shoot, that was the first one that popped in my mind. :P What about Joe? Do you consider him to fall in that category?

Harold Ford Jr, Bud Cramer (even if he is retiring), Zell Miller, Joe Liberman, maybe one or two others.

I picked Lieberman as one of mine as well. I don't think you can consider a man who was once a VP candidate to be a republican disguised as a dem.

I also don't think you can call a man who disagrees with his party's direction (Miller) that either. Since when is dissent a bad thing?

I picked Lieberman as one of mine as well. I don't think you can consider a man who was once a VP candidate to be a republican disguised as a dem.

I also don't think you can call a man who disagrees with his party's direction (Miller) that either. Since when is dissent a bad thing?

Lieberman is a Dem, in regard to most policies, who has a few key policy differences with most of the party. I think he's driven by bitterness more than principle, but I don't consider him a DINO. Zell, on the other hand, is one of those old-time Southern Dems who just never officially made the switch to the Republican party when most of his peers did. He's also a nut.

Harold Ford Jr.

Bob Casey Jr.

Phil Bredesen

Lincoln Davis

I voted for Ford in the 2004 Senate race for TN. He's probably not ready to be President yet, but he's a sharp guy with good ideas and the ability to explain them and back them up when questioned on them.

Harold Ford Jr.

Bob Casey Jr.

Phil Bredesen

Lincoln Davis

I voted for Ford in the 2006 Senate race for TN. He's probably not ready to be President yet, but he's a sharp guy with good ideas and the ability to explain them and back them up when questioned on them.

Fixed that for ya.

Harold Ford Jr.

Bob Casey Jr.

Phil Bredesen

Lincoln Davis

I voted for Ford in the 2006 Senate race for TN. He's probably not ready to be President yet, but he's a sharp guy with good ideas and the ability to explain them and back them up when questioned on them.

Fixed that for ya.

Doh! When I was typing that it seemed like too long ago, but I went with it anyway.

No matter...bottom line is, he earned my vote before. He'd have a good shot at earning it again.

Harold Ford Jr.

Bob Casey Jr.

Phil Bredesen

Lincoln Davis

Fixed that for ya.

Doh! When I was typing that it seemed like too long ago, but I went with it anyway.

No matter...bottom line is, he earned my vote before. He'd have a good shot at earning it again.

Ford seems like a pretty bright guy. Came surprisingly close last time around.

Good topic.

While I don't agree with him on all issues, I think Sen. Shelby does a good job for Alabama. Having worked for Gov. Riley, I respect him for his commitment to more transparency in government. I'm obviously to the left of both of them, but we're generally in agreement on my numero uno -- opposition to tort reform.

If the Democrats ever offered up a piece of spineless milquetoast such as Joe Lieberman, I could definitely vote for an Eisenhower-esque Republican, such as Lincoln Chafee. And while that may disqualify me from the game due to his moderate views, he's one of few that I think I could really support. I really like Hagel for his opposition to the Iraq war, too. Ironically, I would have given strong consideration to the previous suit John McCain wore in 2000.

Good topic.

While I don't agree with him on all issues, I think Sen. Shelby does a good job for Alabama. Having worked for Gov. Riley, I respect him for his commitment to more transparency in government. I'm obviously to the left of both of them, but we're generally in agreement on my numero uno -- opposition to tort reform.

If the Democrats ever offered up a piece of spineless milquetoast such as Joe Lieberman, I could definitely vote for an Eisenhower-esque Republican, such as Lincoln Chafee. And while that may disqualify me from the game due to his moderate views, he's one of few that I think I could really support. I really like Hagel for his opposition to the Iraq war, too. Ironically, I would have given strong consideration to the previous suit John McCain wore in 2000.

I supported McCain in 2000. Where'd that guy go, anyway? B)

Chafee has now left the party, BTW.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/CHAFEE_G...KF.31dd3fe.html

Newt Gingrich.

Either I've been misunderstanding your political posts for the last four years or you didn't read the rules...

I guess I may be the only one who doesn't mind either Obama or McCain winning the White House

I think they are both upgrades over Bush

I agree with both on the enviroment

I think both are smart men who will form better relations world-wide

I disagree with McCain on Taxes yet agree with him on Healthcare

I think they both are typical politicans who will say a lot but do little on a variety of issues

I guess I may be the only one who doesn't mind either Obama or McCain winning the White House

I think they are both upgrades over Bush

I agree with both on the enviroment

I think both are smart men who will form better relations world-wide

I disagree with McCain on Taxes yet agree with him on Healthcare

I think they both are typical politicans who will say a lot but do little on a variety of issues

Heretic. :P

Newt Gingrich.

Either I've been misunderstanding your political posts for the last four years or you didn't read the rules...

Just thought I would get Newt's name on the table :big:

Archived