McCain's lack of support for American Troops

arnaldoabru

The Disabled American Veterens Group give McCain a "D" on supporting American Veterens.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/...1808161,00.html

You might be suprised what they gave Obama

I love how the leftist CNN is spinning a article about a bill that hasn't made it to a vote and isn't fully revised. McCain has enough EXPERIENCE to work this bill over and help both the active duty forces and the veterans. I see both sides of the argument, as I am both active (U.S.C.G. Reserve) and a veteran (U.S. Army). I got my share of government funds already through the G.I. Bill and the Army College Fund. I can't complain, and the programs in place right now work pretty well. I do see a very important need to streamline the process for vets. There's too many hurdles for some to get their funds activated.

I like the idea of helping pay tuition, but 100% may be a little much. We do get paid to serve, and I think a 50% or 65% tuition assistance plan would be enough. Just my thoughts from a veteran and an active serviceman.

I love how the leftist CNN is spinning a article about a bill that hasn't made it to a vote and isn't fully revised. McCain has enough EXPERIENCE to work this bill over and help both the active duty forces and the veterans. I see both sides of the argument, as I am both active (U.S.C.G. Reserve) and a veteran (U.S. Army). I got my share of government funds already through the G.I. Bill and the Army College Fund. I can't complain, and the programs in place right now work pretty well. I do see a very important need to streamline the process for vets. There's too many hurdles for some to get their funds activated.

I like the idea of helping pay tuition, but 100% may be a little much. We do get paid to serve, and I think a 50% or 65% tuition assistance plan would be enough. Just my thoughts from a veteran and an active serviceman.

This is more than just the new GI Bill(which McCain was to busy raising money to vote wither way).This also has to do with bills he voted against that would have increased money for VA Hospitals and Disabled VETS.

The article was from May. The vote was last week. McCain didn't support the New GI Bill. McCain didn't vote on it. Ten other republicans, including Richard Shelby (R ) Al., voted in favor of it. McCain instead chose to attend a fundraiser in California.

BTW, Jeff Sessions, who is up for re-election this year, voted AGAINST it.

I don't care when, where, and how at this point. McCain listed his reasons for concern. I can see it from both fronts.

How many of you can?

I also think this bill should have been a bill unto it's own, and not part of the war spending bill.

Does anyone know how many add ons were attached to this bill? Let's face the truth here, congress (R & d) are notorious for adding spending attachments to bills. How bloated is this bill with items that have nothing to do with the "GI Bill"?

I also think this bill should have been a bill unto it's own, and not part of the war spending bill.

It wasn't because troop-loving president Bush had said that he would veto it.

Archived