Leroy's QB Moseley selected Mr. Football in Alabama

AUman43

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/resour...doc?MOD=AJPERES

I believe phone calls are limited to one per week beginning Sept 1. The definition of Dead Period from the NCAA site is attached. Notice the part that says it remains permissible to write or telephone prospects during dead period. FYI: The link above has the 2008- 09 Coaches Recruiting guidelines.

13.02.4.4 Dead Period.

A dead period is a period of time when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the institution's campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by prospective student-athletes to the institution's campus. The provision of complimentary admissions to a prospective student-athlete during a dead period is prohibited, except as provided in Bylaw 13.7.2.5 for a prospective student-athlete who visits an institution as part of a group. During a dead period, a coaching staff member may not serve as a speaker at or attend a meeting or banquet at which prospective student-athletes are in attendance, except as provided in Bylaw 13.1.9.1, and may not visit a prospective student-athlete's educational institution. It remains permissible, however, for an institutional staff member to write or telephone a prospective student-athlete during a dead period. (Revised:1/11/94)

Laf, 389-oukick.jpg!

RWS is about as accurate as this guy...

zlhdwtnzoddetj3.jpg

This is the case where Little Nikki set up video phones between himself and prospective players. Face to face is not face to face when viewing the face on an HD plasma screen! :moon:

And now, the Bammer Farts don't even want to let us call 'em on a voice phone! :thumbsdown:

I smell a beatdown coming from the Utes today. . . :thumbsup:

according to Mosley's interview on AU's rivals site, Chizik called him on Christmas Day and talked to him and said that as soon as they had a coordinator they would look at his film.

now, wait a second......i thought coaches couldn't initiate contact with a recruit during the dead period? :o

Maybe it was a teleconference.... B)

:au::homer:

according to Mosley's interview on AU's rivals site, Chizik called him on Christmas Day and talked to him and said that as soon as they had a coordinator they would look at his film.

now, wait a second......i thought coaches couldn't initiate contact with a recruit during the dead period? :o

Maybe it was a teleconference.... B)

:au::homer:

:roflol:

Good one SKCAUB!

Maybe so...

I've wondered why schools like Leroy and Sweetwater ALWAYS have dominant teams but you never hear of players at major schools from those places. Grades? Sweetwater usually scores 60+ points and plays 9th graders from the 2nd quarter on!

Maybe because they are 2A?

Brodie played for a 2-A Christian school IIRC.

Maybe so...

I've wondered why schools like Leroy and Sweetwater ALWAYS have dominant teams but you never hear of players at major schools from those places. Grades? Sweetwater usually scores 60+ points and plays 9th graders from the 2nd quarter on!

Maybe because they are 2A?

Brodie played for a 2-A Christian school IIRC.

I don't know the classification back then, but Leroy Jordan played at Excel and Zeke Smith was from Uniontown, iirc.

Two pretty good ball players.

Archived