Auburn V Al A&M on TV Monday nite

BZ770

Men's Basketball To Host Alabama A&M Moday at 7pm.

Dec. 26, 2008

Gameday Central

The Auburn men's basketball team (7-4) will be vying for its fifth straight victory to play host to Alabama A&M (2-5) Monday at 7 pm Central in Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum. The Tigers have had a week off for the holiday break but will now play three home games in six days in their final tuneup stretch before Southeastern Conference play. The game will be televised by CSS and can be heard on the Auburn/ISP Sports Network and www.auburntigers.com. Tickets are $5 each.

Pretty good spanking tonight at BEMC. Tigers played aggressive and made it look easy.

AU was focused mentally. I think it might have been because they had confidence in beating A&M. A&M was terrible. Almost all of there shots were from 3 point range.

AU hit well from every distance. We seemed to have improved from the foul line also. I'd have to check the stats to be sure. There were several great passes. It was a different team than I'm used to seeing.

We will be televised Wednesday night and Saturday. I hope some fans will show up to cheer them on. Our attendance is pathetic.

Auburn shot it very well in the first half (especially from 3), and A&M was never in it. Have to keep up the intensity on defense (10 steals, most of them early) and effort on the boards (2-1 advantage; Lucas Hargrove is playing much bigger than he is, and Q, as always, is helping out) - the latter will be especially key in conference. Hard to gauge much in terms of offensive execution when the opponent puts up so little resistance, but if we turn the ball over 19 times (didn't really pay attention, but hopefully most of these were late in the game, during garbage time) against a good team , we may lose by 42.

We only gave up 12 pts the entire second half after only giving up 28 in the first. Defense was very intense and shot selection looked much better.

That said, I cannot believe Barber is a 43% FT shooter. That's mind-boggling ineptitude at the line. The guy really needs to shoot those things until his arms fall off to get better.

Archived