OT Sullin Commits to Auburn

AUman43

It's Sullen, but whatever. Good ole local boy from Auburn High School. For some reason, the Tubs administration really didn't pursue him very hard. Glad to see Chiz and company go after him. This is a nice pickup since we are so thin on the O-line.

Another member of the all-narcoleptic team.

How so? We're looking down our noses at 3-star guys now? Not to mention he's 6-5, 338 and has a 3.5 GPA so he's no dummy and shouldn't be an academic problem.

You need to quit sucking so many lemons.

How so? We're looking down our noses at 3-star guys now?

Been looking down our noses at them all through Tubby's career at AU.... :big:

:au::homer:

ESPN's write up on Sullen below. I like the detailed, NFL-style evaluations they do on people:

Sullen has the chance to be a very good offensive lineman. He has great size and could actually improve mobility if he dropped a few pounds. Possesses both strength and quickness for such a large player. Plays a little high but uses his hands well and displays good leg drive when overpowering the opponent. Road grates defensive linemen into the laps of linebackers. Doesn't run exceptionally well but changes direction and gets to the second level with some athleticism. Large wing span helps in pass protection and uses his hands to stop and to control the pass rusher. Should excel at pass protection especially from a two point stance. Sullen is a guy who will get better and better once he trims down and gets on a good flexibility and agility program at the next level. He gives great effort and has the tools to be a very special offensive lineman.

Just wanted to point this out. We have our own Mt. Cody now. Cody is 6'5", 365 lb, and Sullin is 6'5", 358 lb. And Yox hasn't gotten hold of Sullin yet.

You should never believe anything from the LE. The Auburn beat writer a few years back hated Auburn. He became the Sports Editor.

How so? We're looking down our noses at 3-star guys now? Not to mention he's 6-5, 338 and has a 3.5 GPA so he's no dummy and shouldn't be an academic problem.

and he had offers from whom?

Why does that matter? Both Rivals and ESPN's evaluators seem to think he's pretty good. He's definitely got the size you want at the position.

All I'm saying is, you act like we just offered some 1-star nothing a scholly. This guy is a good prospect, not some no-account sleeper. And it's insulting that you'd act that way toward a kid that has just said he wants to come play for us.

Save your sourpuss attitude for situations that call for it. The "all grumbling, all the time" mode has worn out its welcome and only makes it so no one takes anything you say on football matters seriously.

Great post TitanTiger. And I for one feel that offensive lineman is harder to evaluate than skill players are even most of the time. As a former lineman myself, I know very well that its all about heart. But still that training at the next level both in conditioning wise and technique can really take a player with the right kinda heart to the next level. Plus he looks like hes a big ole boy. and has a good head on his shoulder than most kids these days seem to. And if CGC thinks hes man enough to be an auburn man, thats good enough for me! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

The hart kid had offers from everyone ! And when we got him. he was a 5***** How did he turn out?

Dansby was a 2** WR , Colt McCoy 3*** , Sam Bradford 3*** Phillip Rivers 3*** Pat White 3***

Brad Lester3*** Come on guys give it a rest!

You don't know who is going to fit CGM system, You don't know what he wants in a player,

You guy's sound like a bunch of Bammers all you want is *************** power

I will tell you what you do, Sign 25, 5 star WR's! 3 times a row, Have the # 1 Class 3 years in a row.

Then see how many ball game's you win.

# 1 thing should be. Does recruit( insert name here) fit what we are trying to do at Auburn?

#2 Do we have a need at that position.

#3 Can he be coached ? That's it, IMHO

Your right, we are going to compete with the Georgias,the Alabamas, the LSUs, and the Floridas of the world by beatinng out Duke, So Miss and South Alabama for a kid.

Your right, we are going to compete with the Georgias,the Alabamas, the LSUs, and the Floridas of the world by beatinng out Duke, So Miss and South Alabama for a kid.

You have no clue about this kid. He is a very good O line pickup.

We won an SEC title and went 13-0 with some of those kids. Not every kid on the roster has to be a 5-star prospect.

Look, I'm not saying a person can never be critical, but damn, use some sense. There's critical and there's over-critical. You're definitely falling in the latter camp if you're disdaining 3-star OL prospects simply because you don't like who else offered him.

I've seen us whooping it up for signing a 5-star bust like Leon Hart. Meanwhile 3-star guys like Ben Grubbs and Troy Reddick come in and help anchor one of the best lines we ever had.

How about finding a happy balance between sunshine pumper and perpetually-chapped ass?

We won an SEC title and went 13-0 with some of those kids. Not every kid on the roster has to be a 5-star prospect.

Look, I'm not saying a person can never be critical, but damn, use some sense. There's critical and there's over-critical. You're definitely falling in the latter camp if you're disdaining 3-star OL prospects simply because you don't like who else offered him.

I've seen us whooping it up for signing a 5-star bust like Leon Hart. Meanwhile 3-star guys like Ben Grubbs and Troy Reddick come in and help anchor one of the best lines we ever had.

How about finding a happy balance between sunshine pumper and perpetually-chapped ass?

I agree and Utah just beat the hell out of Alabama! And there was not one kid on that team that was over a 3 star!

And I'll bet most were 2 star's or below, And they went 13 -0 They were not fighting USC for recruits

LOL. And I believe there QB was a 2 star. boy did he light up the best Defense in the SEC.

Man what a bunch of no buddy's And misfit's. give me a break!

Go look at Alabama recruits, see how many of there OL have 3*. I will save you some time there are 4 of them.

You have no clue about this kid. He is a very good O line pickup.

Correct. I'm just basing it on that undoubtable, no major program had a clue about him either. Or they have a clue and decided to pass.

Actually, you're mostly basing on your prior decision to be negative about anything Chizik does, short of immediately stealing recruits from USC. Look, we get it. You didn't like the hire. Move on.

Actually, you're mostly basing on your prior decision to be negative about anything Chizik does, short of immediately stealing recruits from USC. Look, we get it. You didn't like the hire. Move on.

I never thought Tubbs should have been let go. But, "it is what it is". Chizik is my coach and I support him. I have not said one negative word about him after he was hired. I know recruiting takes time. All I am stating is that of the 3 new commits, no major program was after them.I don't believe in stars or rankings,a better indicator is who is offering the kid. Yeah, once in a while you snag a Dansby or Thomas, but you can't build a recruiting class on "sleepers".

Archived