Malzahn visiting Rueben Randle today

TitanTiger

...according to Charles Goldberg, B'ham News. I like that CGM isn't just going to give up on the kid that easy. Plus it's good to be aggressive for kids in that Bastrop area. Lots of talent down there and sticking around could pay off next year.

Not to mention, Caddy was a UT commit but our staff kept coming after him. He ended up changing his mind. You never know...

...according to Charles Goldberg, B'ham News. I like that CGM isn't just going to give up on the kid that easy. Plus it's good to be aggressive for kids in that Bastrop area. Lots of talent down there and sticking around could pay off next year.

Not to mention, Caddy was a UT commit but our staff kept coming after him. He ended up changing his mind. You never know...

Well Gus must have just visited him look at link!

AU JET!

the jet has been going back and forth from Monroe, LA and Greenville, MS. Who would we be recruiting in Greenville? Anyone have a clue?

LaDarius Perkins is there. Maybe he's trying to get him back from MSU? Of course there could also be a kid in Arkansas he's looking at since Greenville is right on the MS/AR border.

Well Gus must have just visited him look at link!

AU JET!

the jet has been going back and forth from Monroe, LA and Greenville, MS. Who would we be recruiting in Greenville? Anyone have a clue?

Never mind! i figured it out! Had to use some of my G2 skills on this one!

Here he is!

LaDarius Perkins is there. Maybe he's trying to get him back from MSU? Of course there could also be a kid in Arkansas he's looking at since Greenville is right on the MS/AR border.

Yep thats right TitanTiger took me a minute i was looking for a receiver! I guess we are trying to get Perkins back in the fold. Whatever the outcome i like our tenacity lately in recruiting.

Sounds like to me that his Dad, Emmitt is running the show. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

I'll say it once more; you guys are way too late on this one.

Besides, Bastrop is a HUGE pipeline to LSU. Bama really is the only one who has a good shot to tap into it (Saban's reputation in La, and they've hired like 3 LSU alumni on their staff). It may not last long, anyway. A big Bastrop mill, which is the core of Bastrop's economy, shut down this year. It may be a ghost town in 2-3 years. I hope it doesn't happen, mainly becasue it porduces sick talent each year.

Well, all the more reason to get down there and talk to Randle. Plus, isn't LaQuinta Jones from that area?

At any rate, I like him going after the kid, even if it is too late. It shows other kids that we plan on recruiting that area and aren't going to concede every kid in LA to LSU.

This visit is about more than just Randle.

Besides, Bastrop is a HUGE pipeline to LSU. Bama really is the only one who has a good shot to tap into it (Saban's reputation in La, and they've hired like 3 LSU alumni on their staff). It may not last long, anyway. A big Bastrop mill, which is the core of Bastrop's economy, shut down this year. It may be a ghost town in 2-3 years. I hope it doesn't happen, mainly becasue it porduces sick talent each year.

if you ask them, Alabama is apparently going to sign him because according to them CNS told him if he visited AU that his offer from UA would be pulled :rolleyes: i guess since nobody else would take him, he is clinging to his UA offer at this point.

anyways, he should be a good pickup for you guys. would have loved to have him but i don't see him leaving LA.

Hey Mr. Rolly Eyes,

Don't act like schools don't pull that crap. I heard that on more than one non-Auburn forum that either LSU, Bama or possibly both leaned on him heavy not to visit and implied they might look elsewhere if he did. If you don't like that, you know where you can stick it.

Man, you've gotten to be a real pain in the ass around here the several months. I used to have you in the BamaGrad/SouthLink category. What the hell was I thinking?

At any rate, I like him going after the kid, even if it is too late. It shows other kids that we plan on recruiting that area and aren't going to concede every kid in LA to LSU.

This visit is about more than just Randle.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: i agree 100%

if you ask them, Alabama is apparently going to sign him because according to them CNS told him if he visited AU that his offer from UA would be pulled :rolleyes: i guess since nobody else would take him, he is clinging to his UA offer at this point.

anyways, he should be a good pickup for you guys. would have loved to have him but i don't see him leaving LA.

I hope you're right. We get his last visit, and it helps that Lafell comes back.

Frankly, I'd say 60-40 LSU-Bama. We'll be holding our breath on signing day, like you guys. :lol:

Hey Mr. Rolly Eyes,

Don't act like schools don't pull that crap. I heard that on more than one non-Auburn forum that either LSU, Bama or possibly both leaned on him heavy not to visit and implied they might look elsewhere if he did. If you don't like that, you know where you can stick it.

Man, you've gotten to be a real pain in the ass around here the several months. I used to have you in the BamaGrad/SouthLink category. What the hell was I thinking?

You are wrong. He's always been a douche.

Hey Mr. Rolly Eyes,

i'm not saying schools don't use that sort of pressure. i can agree with that angle on the LSU part. i can see them leaning on him and him giving in to that pressure.....because thats where he really wants to go. i don't see what UA pressuring him would matter because he knows he isn't going to go there, so if his offer from UA were to be pulled why would he care? he could go anywhere in the country he wants to. he's only going to worry about the pressure coming from where he wants to go, period. and thats fine to get pumped about him supposedly taking a visit. where i take issue is when it turns out to be false, then its automatically some UA conspiracy theory. fans need an excuse and Alabama is a convenient target. but the fact of the matter is, UA is not in the drivers seat for his signature, therefore, does not have much power over him to pressure him not to take a visit.

also, it really doesn't matter what category you label me as.....doesn't really matter to me. posters here have become much more venomous towards Alabama fans over the past few months and even when we aren't trying to flame, it gets turned into some epic novel. i become a convenient target because i am probably here the most out of the other rival fans and when somebody dishes it out to me, i'm not going to sit around and take it. take the past few posts as an example. YOU guys are the ones that came out with the conspiracy theory regarding RR, not us. everybody else picks up the party line because its convenient and makes them feel better to use it as an excuse. nobody wants to apply logic to it. but when somebody points out how ridiculous it is, then everyone gets upset. i have long conceded he will go to LSU even, and posters still try and put an argument in my mouth that i think he's a Bama lean, etc. when people say ridiculous things directed towards me, i will shred it no problem. i don't usually pick a fight but when somebody starts some novel with me, then i'm the bad guy simply because of the numbers game.

Hey Mr. Rolly Eyes,

i'm not saying schools don't use that sort of pressure. i can agree with that angle on the LSU part. i can see them leaning on him and him giving in to that pressure.....because thats where he really wants to go. i don't see what UA pressuring him would matter because he knows he isn't going to go there, so if his offer from UA were to be pulled why would he care? he could go anywhere in the country he wants to. he's only going to worry about the pressure coming from where he wants to go, period. and thats fine to get pumped about him supposedly taking a visit. where i take issue is when it turns out to be false, then its automatically some UA conspiracy theory. fans need an excuse and Alabama is a convenient target. but the fact of the matter is, UA is not in the drivers seat for his signature, therefore, does not have much power over him to pressure him not to take a visit.

also, it really doesn't matter what category you label me as.....doesn't really matter to me. posters here have become much more venomous towards Alabama fans over the past few months and even when we aren't trying to flame, it gets turned into some epic novel. i become a convenient target because i am probably here the most out of the other rival fans and when somebody dishes it out to me, i'm not going to sit around and take it. take the past few posts as an example. YOU guys are the ones that came out with the conspiracy theory regarding RR, not us. everybody else picks up the party line because its convenient and makes them feel better to use it as an excuse. nobody wants to apply logic to it. but when somebody points out how ridiculous it is, then everyone gets upset. i have long conceded he will go to LSU even, and posters still try and put an argument in my mouth that i think he's a Bama lean, etc. when people say ridiculous things directed towards me, i will shred it no problem. i don't usually pick a fight but when somebody starts some novel with me, then i'm the bad guy simply because of the numbers game.

Wow I never thought of it like that, It must be miserable here for you! I am so so sorry for you.

I really don't know how will will make it though the rest of today without crying. Everyone is picking on you :no: .

Nobody making ant sense :roflol: , Putting word's in your mouth :puke: .

OH MY GOD the in justice of it All. I would get a restraining order, Call a cop someone hurry.

DAMN IT OFFICER this man needs help! (ASAP)

Hey Mr. Rolly Eyes,

You're assuming a lot in your quest for the argument you've made to seem "logical." I didn't single out Alabama, I just pointed out that it's being said that either LSU, Bama or both put the pressure on him not to visit Auburn. It's not a conspiracy theory or tinfoil hat territory. It's certainly not out of character for Saban to put the full court press on a kid and say that he's holding a spot for him, but if he goes and visits a certain rival, he'll look elsewhere. He's certainly made the "you shop, we shop" message known to commits. Why would he draw the line on a kid he's invested a lot of time trying to get, especially if it's his archrival the kid is looking at?

As far as the poor little me routine, I think you've got it backwards. You shifted into typical arrogant bammer mode the second you experienced some success. BG and SL seem to understand the line between sticking up for your team and being a human toothache. Georgia has beaten us three straight and he hasn't even been as gloating as he had the right to be. You have one good year when we have a down one and become all but unbearable.

As far as the poor little me routine, I think you've got it backwards. You shifted into typical arrogant bammer mode the second you experienced some success. BG and SL seem to understand the line between sticking up for your team and being a human toothache. Georgia has beaten us three straight and he hasn't even been as gloating as he had the right to be. You have one good year when we have a down one and become all but unbearable.

i would love to see where i've been flagrantly gloating unprovoked. the only time i would bring it up is when somebody trashed UA about how Alabama sucks, etc. some folks on here can't go a single post without taking some sort of jab at Alabama, and then get pissy when you say something back. i've had no problem coming on here saying we played poorly in this game or that game, i had no problem coming on here talking about how we had our asses handed to us by Utah. i've had no problem speaking to those who manage to speak to me in a reasonable manner, and not in flamebait mode (such as WOODY who can't manage to speak without cussing you out). bottom line is, if somebody speaks to me or makes a statement in a reasonable manner, i can do the same.

i would love to see where i've been flagrantly gloating unprovoked. the only time i would bring it up is when somebody trashed UA about how Alabama sucks, etc. some folks on here can't go a single post without taking some sort of jab at Alabama, and then get pissy when you say something back. i've had no problem coming on here saying we played poorly in this game or that game, i had no problem coming on here talking about how we had our asses handed to us by Utah. i've had no problem speaking to those who manage to speak to me in a reasonable manner, and not in flamebait mode (such as WOODY who can't manage to speak without cussing you out). bottom line is, if somebody speaks to me or makes a statement in a reasonable manner, i can do the same.

If you don't like it here, Never mind your not worth anymore of my time :thumbsdown:

Whoa! i never heard about Bama and LSU supposedly threatening RR about visting AU.

To be honest, I have to say that's complete BS; I think the coaching staffs at LSU and UA really aren't worried enough about AU at this point.

carry on

Probably not, but why take the chance? He was going to visit Okie State, then indicated he was going to come to visit AU after Trooper moved over. Then all of the sudden his coach and dad are crossing their signals and he isn't coming.

And don't act like LSU wouldn't do that. That 5-star WR kid that has been in JUCO for two years was coming to visit Auburn and LSU asked him not to go. You would think they had nothing to worry about, and even he was just going to hang with his friend DeQuinta Jones. But they still squelched it.

Look, it happens. But to act like AU fans are being ludicrous for saying it may have happened, especially when I've heard it from other sources outside AU circles, is just being silly. And a tad disrespectful to be honest. As if you're recruiting against North Texas or something.

Probably not, but why take the chance? He was going to visit Okie State, then indicated he was going to come to visit AU after Trooper moved over. Then all of the sudden his coach and dad are crossing their signals and he isn't coming.

And don't act like LSU wouldn't do that. That 5-star WR kid that has been in JUCO for two years was coming to visit Auburn and LSU asked him not to go. You would think they had nothing to worry about, and even he was just going to hang with his friend DeQuinta Jones. But they still squelched it.

Look, it happens. But to act like AU fans are being ludicrous for saying it may have happened, especially when I've heard it from other sources outside AU circles, is just being silly. And a tad disrespectful to be honest. As if you're recruiting against North Texas or something.

Not to mention the other LSU fan on this board saying Miles will pull schollys from commits who take trips. It's been done and will be done again. This is a discussion that has taken place before and smug arrogance is not an answer to ignorance.

Just remember whose playground you are playing in before you pee in the sandbox. That's all I'm saying.

I am really concerned runs with scissors may be so upset he falls on his scissors. :-(

I heard he may leave for good he's so upset. I'm not sure we can talk Auburn footballl without him.

Archived