Malzahn visiting Rueben Randle today

TitanTiger

Hey Mr. Rolly Eyes,

Don't act like schools don't pull that crap. I heard that on more than one non-Auburn forum that either LSU, Bama or possibly both leaned on him heavy not to visit and implied they might look elsewhere if he did. If you don't like that, you know where you can stick it.

Man, you've gotten to be a real pain in the ass around here the several months. I used to have you in the BamaGrad/SouthLink category. What the hell was I thinking?

i'm not saying schools don't use that sort of pressure. i can agree with that angle on the LSU part. i can see them leaning on him and him giving in to that pressure.....because thats where he really wants to go. i don't see what UA pressuring him would matter because he knows he isn't going to go there, so if his offer from UA were to be pulled why would he care? he could go anywhere in the country he wants to. he's only going to worry about the pressure coming from where he wants to go, period. and thats fine to get pumped about him supposedly taking a visit. where i take issue is when it turns out to be false, then its automatically some UA conspiracy theory. fans need an excuse and Alabama is a convenient target. but the fact of the matter is, UA is not in the drivers seat for his signature, therefore, does not have much power over him to pressure him not to take a visit.

also, it really doesn't matter what category you label me as.....doesn't really matter to me. posters here have become much more venomous towards Alabama fans over the past few months and even when we aren't trying to flame, it gets turned into some epic novel. i become a convenient target because i am probably here the most out of the other rival fans and when somebody dishes it out to me, i'm not going to sit around and take it. take the past few posts as an example. YOU guys are the ones that came out with the conspiracy theory regarding RR, not us. everybody else picks up the party line because its convenient and makes them feel better to use it as an excuse. nobody wants to apply logic to it. but when somebody points out how ridiculous it is, then everyone gets upset. i have long conceded he will go to LSU even, and posters still try and put an argument in my mouth that i think he's a Bama lean, etc. when people say ridiculous things directed towards me, i will shred it no problem. i don't usually pick a fight but when somebody starts some novel with me, then i'm the bad guy simply because of the numbers game.

No, it's because you're a nitwit. Numbers don't enter into it anywhwere.

and if you consider yourself the model of intelligence, we're all in trouble.

Who spends most of his adult life posting on a rival's board where he is pretty much universally reviled?

I was just trying to help you with what was obvious to the rest of us.

and if you consider yourself the model of intelligence, we're all in trouble.

Who spends most of his adult life posting on a rival's board where he is pretty much universally reviled?

I was just trying to help you with what was obvious to the rest of us.

because i like to see the other side of things. besides, nobody likes sitting around day after day just nodding and agreeing with everything said. its nice to spice things up a bit. some of you guys are great entertainment too.

Aren't there other fish to fry out there besides Randle? I mean the guy didn't even give AU enough thought to come and visit the campus, so why waste anymore time and $$ traveling to recruit him?

Let's be honest, if you're 17-18 yr old top rated recruit in the country right now, would you rather go to your in-state university that's won 2 NC's in the past 5 years, or go to an out of state school that's quite frankly been in turmoil over the past 5-6 months?

Because, as was said earlier in the thread, there are other prospects at that school and in that area besides Randle and he was on his way to see Emory Blake in Texas. There's nothing wrong with trying to talk to the #1 WR in the country and see if you can make some headway. Should he go out there to do some recruiting and not even try while he's there?

Because, as was said earlier in the thread, there are other prospects at that school and in that area besides Randle and he was on his way to see Emory Blake in Texas. There's nothing wrong with trying to talk to the #1 WR in the country and see if you can make some headway. Should he go out there to do some recruiting and not even try while he's there?

No, I guess you're right Titan. I'm just a little weary of the recruiting process right now. Add our terrible season and all of the post-season drama, and it's been a long 6 months for all Auburn fans.

I hate having to give 17-18 yr old kids have this much control to be honest. :puke:

Well, that's never going to change. Without them, you don't have a team. No matter what you do, the really talented ones have got you by the short hairs until you get them signed.

Archived