Felton out at UGA.

JBC1124

Anthony Grant - If we offer him the money, he is ours, imo. His agent hasn't stopped bugging Damon Evans for 2 years now about the job

Sean Miller - My dream choice but Xavier is a great place to be a BBall coach so I doubt it

LetUsThankGod.jpg

:roflol:

As soon as I saw the thread I thought, I wonder what funny caption SL would have. And you did not disappoint.

Sorry about that, though, I hope you guys get a good coach.

The chances of Grant being our next coach are extremely high

You might have some competition on your hands for his services...

I think you, us, and some others considering Grant's team just may be playing in the NCAA Tournament.

With that said, I still believe that if Evans pegs down to Grant, we will get him. Now, you may hear that and think I am trying to say "Because UGA is better" and I am not because our basketball team is a freakin joke and Bama has a better history (both present and past) in basketball. If we start battling for Sean Miller or whoever, I agree completely.

I say that because I meant what I said in another thread. Grant and his agent went AFTER UGA's job last year when it looked like Felton was gone. Many in the AD now admit to Grant's agent calling Evans often as last year winded down. There are even some STRONG rumors that Evans/Grant had come to some sort of agreement right before the SEC Tournament. Of course, that would violate some rules but it wouldn't really shock me since Felton was visibly angry/annoyed at Evans when the SEC Tournament ended. He knew something was up.

So, apparently Grant sees something he wants in UGA and we are going to pay him whatever the hell he wants. I know AD's say that all the time when looking for coaches but I have heard from MANY that Evans knows this is his 1st big hire and he wants to make it a splash

Bias wise, I can see why Grant would want to come. We have a brand new practice facility that is incredibly nice, we will have a new arena in a few years, and Atlanta is miles down the road. It is a perfect combo for him.

FYI to some rumors going around

- Bobby Knight won't be our next HC

- Evans has 4-5 candidates that he is going through with the search firm he hired. Grant is apparently not #1 as I thought though some argue that there is no specific #1 until we know who is and isn't interested.

- Mike Anderson is not one of those 4-5 as some article stated

FYI to some rumors going around

- Bobby Knight won't be our next HC

- Evans has 4-5 candidates that he is going through with the search firm he hired. Grant is apparently not #1 as I thought though some argue that there is no specific #1 until we know who is and isn't interested.

- Mike Anderson is not one of those 4-5 as some article stated

I've read several things on Bama boards that may point to Anderson as our next HC, but you can't ever tell. If that's the case and what you say is true, I bet Grant will be UGA next HC.

It sucks because we both can't really do much until the seasons end. I mean, we can use our search firms to talk to agents, etc...so that is helpful but we can't hire anyone for another month and a half

fannation - truth & rumors - says Bob Knight would like the position, but he won't pursue it. But if they come to him and offer, he would likely take it.

Michael Adams would hire Jim Harrick again before Knight

Why not Knight?

Why Knight? In his last 3 years coaching, he won 3 more games than Felton (48 games to 45 games). Knight is not a long-term answer and could barely be considered a short-term answer as he may not even last 3 years at UGA

Damon Evans has already privately told some that he is looking for a young, energetic HC who can bring recruiting pipelines back to Athens from Atlanta for the long-haul.

On top of all of that, Michael Adams (our President) is best friends with Myles Brand who fired Knight from Indiana AND Adams would never, EVER allow someone with Knight's in-your-face mentality to come to Athens. Adams will want someone whom he can control and someone who brings zero baggage with him on and off the court. Knight has baggage ESPECIALLY in Adams eye with his history at Indiana.

I guess I shouldn't say 0% as you never know but I really, REALLY would be shocked if anything came of this.

FYI, it is being reported on UGASports that Knight called Georgia governor Sonny Perdue (who is good friends with Adams) and Purdue called Adams to tell him that Knight was interested.

So, Knight is trying his damn best to get this job

Michael Adams would hire Jim Harrick again before Knight

Why not Knight?

Why Knight? In his last 3 years coaching, he won 3 more games than Felton (48 games to 45 games). Knight is not a long-term answer and could barely be considered a short-term answer as he may not even last 3 years at UGA

Damon Evans has already privately told some that he is looking for a young, energetic HC who can bring recruiting pipelines back to Athens from Atlanta for the long-haul.

On top of all of that, Michael Adams (our President) is best friends with Myles Brand who fired Knight from Indiana AND Adams would never, EVER allow someone with Knight's in-your-face mentality to come to Athens. Adams will want someone whom he can control and someone who brings zero baggage with him on and off the court. Knight has baggage ESPECIALLY in Adams eye with his history at Indiana.

I guess I shouldn't say 0% as you never know but I really, REALLY would be shocked if anything came of this.

FYI, it is being reported on UGASports that Knight called Georgia governor Sonny Perdue (who is good friends with Adams) and Purdue called Adams to tell him that Knight was interested.

So, Knight is trying his damn best to get this job

Yeah, you're right about most of that.

Hiring night would put Georgia's program on the national stage, though.

I wonder if Georgia doesn't go for Knight if Alabama would be interested in him and he interested in them.

That is what many UGA fans are saying. They think he would immediately put us on the map basketball wise

Outside of me not agreeing with that theory, you know what else would put us back on the map?

Winning. Hire Sean Miller or Anthony Grant and let them build up for the short & long term

Yeah, Knight gets you on TV a lot, but if you aren't winning I'm not so sure that is a good thing.

Archived