Oh well...NIT it is.

TitanTiger

You guys are hilarous - "MSU took our slot." No they didn't. And you have no proof they did. There were other bubble teams that are probably stating the exact same thing. What a bunch of sore losers.

Auburn wasn't going to make it - plain and simple. I stated it a week ago - Auburn needed a lot more than to win 1 game in the SEC. They needed a lot of teams to win their conference tourny that were "locks" and then some more help on top of that. They needed to win the SEC Title.

And I was right... again... with MSU being my SEC Champion. Another reason why I predicted Auburn wouldn't make it. You guys need to start listening to me, even if it ain't what you wanna hear ;)

:moon::moon::moon:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I was right... again... with MSU being my SEC Champion.

Blind squirrels and nuts. You also predicted we'd lose to Florida. And that we'd lose the season ender against LSU (we stomped a 16-point mudhole in them). And that we'd finish the final 4 games of the regular season 1-3 (we went 4-0).

Careful TT you may confuse him with facts.

Bettter question IMHO than any asked so far in this thread is why anyone bothers responding to Chump in the first place. Haven't ya'll figured out that is exactly what he wants. Ignore him and he is harmless.

Bettter question IMHO than any asked so far in this thread is why anyone bothers responding to Chump in the first place. Haven't ya'll figured out that is exactly what he wants. Ignore him and he is harmless.

That's why he has been on my ignore list for awhile. The only problem is when someone replies to one of his stupid post and repost it as a quote. So my question is to the mods. Why can't we do something to fix this problem. I mean if he is on my ignore list then why do I still have to see his post when someone else repost it?

Here's hoping that the SEC plays very well in the first couple of rounds. When your highest seeded team is 8, you're not getting much respect.

Way to go Slive!!! Way to put our best foot forward!

This year marks the fewest SEC teams in the tournament since 1990. The only 3 teams to make the tournament were (5) LSU, (7) Georgia, and (7) Alabama. All three teams were 20 wins teams. The only 20 wins team that didn’t make the big dance was (21-14) Vanderbilt. However they were only 7-11 in league play and did go on to win the NIT Tournament.

War Tiger - MSU did not take Auburn's spot - there is no proof they did and there is no proof needed to prove that point. Any fan base can say MSU took their spot.

But since your logic is "because I said so, it must be true":

I guess we didn't land on the moon.

Auburn won the National Championship in 2004.

Tomatoes are a vegetable.

Bama didn't violate any rules... EVER!

Did Mike Slive come out and state "If MSU had not won, Auburn would've been in?" No. So you need to shut up. You don't know zilch.

And btw, I never predicted we'd go 1-3. I predicted 2-2, but wouldn't be surprised to go 1-3. And I didn't predict a loss to Florida, I had no idea what to expect. I wasn't the least surprised. I kept saying along the lines of "if we somehow win this game." I say that about a lot of games in lots of sports.

The thing is - it all doesn't matter. Auburn didn't make it. It sucks ass that teams like Arizona got in. But Auburn should've worked harder during the entire season and not just at the end. Then we wouldn't be arguing. Predicting 1-3, 2-2, certain games didn't matter. I was wrong about some things, but in the end being wrong didn't help.

Lots of people on this board predicted Auburn would make it and they were stupid to believe so. You know why? Because they hadn't done ENOUGH at any point in time. You keep saying "If they had beaten UT" or "Had MSU not won the SEC" among countless excuses. Well guess what - they didn't do enough and you just admitted it. But no one was making these claims while we were winning. It was all "If this isn't an NCAA team..." bs. Call me a pecimist, but I wait until the games are over to celebrate and that is it. I wait until the results come through. It is silly to get excited over nothing. It only sets you up for disappointment.

In my opinion Auburn deserved a bid to the NCAA Tournament. They really did. But the media didn't get them the credit that was due. Their resume was more impressive than Arizona's. But in the end, it was too little too late in the judges minds. I am not a judge. I would've put Auburn through. It sucks they didn't make it, but I am not the least bit surprised. It's not much different from 2004. Someone had to be left out, mine as well be Auburn because the perception of their schedule was not as strong.

BTW, St. Mary's, Creighton, and Penn State were all about equal with Auburn in regards to receiving that next bid. Had MSU not won the SEC Title, would Auburn had gotten that spot? Maybe. I'm not saying it would not have happened. Looking at those teams, it is very likely Auburn was the next team to get the spot. But there is no proof of it. And MSU winning the SEC Title is one of those factors you have to consider when predicting a bubble team to get in. Had MSU been of another conference, Auburn may have gotten in. Maybe the committee wanted only 3 SEC teams regardless of who won the SEC Title. Point is - we don't know. But those are things you have to factor in. Maybe next year when Auburn is in this situation, you guys won't jump to "Well there are basically 12 bubble spots" and then change it to 8 when Tournament play is over. That's the difference between you guys and me - I thought of that stuff beforehand. I tried to tell you, but you just wouldn't listen.

"I thought of that stuff beforehand. I tried to tell you, but you just wouldn't listen.

What a pompous ass you are. You go one for 50 and come in here to brag about your one hit, ignoring the 49 strikeouts. LMAO!

War Tiger - MSU did not take Auburn's spot - there is no proof they did and there is no proof needed to prove that point. Any fan base can say MSU took their spot.

Did Mike Slive come out and state "If MSU had not won, Auburn would've been in?" No. So you need to shut up. You don't know zilch.

You can't say that MSU didn't take our spot without allowing for the equally valid take that MSU did take it. You can't prove your notion and neither can I, but the point is, your take on it isn't the default one just because you say so.

And btw, I never predicted we'd go 1-3. I predicted 2-2, but wouldn't be surprised to go 1-3.

Yes you did. Here's the money quote:

That said, 2-2 seems like the best thing to say, but I predict they go 1-3. I think the LSU loss hurt a lot more than people realize in terms of momentum.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry583873

Now shut up.

And I didn't predict a loss to Florida, I had no idea what to expect. I wasn't the least surprised. I kept saying along the lines of "if we somehow win this game." I say that about a lot of games in lots of sports.

Wrong again, dumbass. In a thread calling the UF tourney game the biggest game in 6 years for AU b'ball::

I just think it's funny that this is the biggest game in 6 years, when this is clearly not a "get in" game. The biggest game in 6 years... (assume we some how win) then tomorrow is the biggest game in 6 years. Then assume they somehow win again, Sunday is the biggest game in 6 years. Oh wait... Saturday would be the biggest game in 1 day and Sunday the biggest game in... 1 day.

I'm thinking Mississippi State will take the SEC Tournament this year and surprise everybody. Just my prediction.

On the bright side, USC and UK lost today. But seeing that USC had an identical SEC record and a better overall record and a lot of the media is claiming they may now be 'out' I am sure that means we are 'in' with a UF win - right guys? Ahhh, the debating will go away once we lose today.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?a...st&p=587805

The thing is - it all doesn't matter. Auburn didn't make it. It sucks ass that teams like Arizona got in. But Auburn should've worked harder during the entire season and not just at the end. Then we wouldn't be arguing. Predicting 1-3, 2-2, certain games didn't matter. I was wrong about some things, but in the end being wrong didn't help.

You were wrong about several things but you conveniently only show up to run your fat yap when you finally get something right and act like we should be looking to you as some oracle of objectivity and wisdom. THAT is the point we're making. Stop arguing against things no one is saying. Of course in hindsight if we'd have pulled out another win or two we'd likely be in and of course nobody's predictions on this or that outcome changes things. Why even bring up such stupid arguments? Oh, I know why: to deflect attention from the fact that you're not as smart and prescient as you think you are.

Lots of people on this board predicted Auburn would make it and they were stupid to believe so. You know why? Because they hadn't done ENOUGH at any point in time. You keep saying "If they had beaten UT" or "Had MSU not won the SEC" among countless excuses. Well guess what - they didn't do enough and you just admitted it. But no one was making these claims while we were winning. It was all "If this isn't an NCAA team..." bs. Call me a pecimist, but I wait until the games are over to celebrate and that is it. I wait until the results come through. It is silly to get excited over nothing. It only sets you up for disappointment.

Are you really this stupid or just being an insufferable ass? People are saying this now because we have the hindsight to be able to try and piece together the committee's logic on who they picked and who they left out. And using that logic, it is perfectly legitimate and reasonable to say that a win over UT or MSU not winning the tourney could have been the difference.

I still believe this was an NCAA team and would have caused trouble for at least 1 or 2 higher seeded teams if they'd gotten the chance. Saying "if this isn't an NCAA tourney team..." isn't predicting the future, it's making the case for Auburn to be included you dimwit.

BTW, St. Mary's, Creighton, and Penn State were all about equal with Auburn in regards to receiving that next bid. Had MSU not won the SEC Title, would Auburn had gotten that spot? Maybe. I'm not saying it would not have happened.

So when you said "MSU did not take Auburn's spot" you really meant "maybe they did?" Interesting.

Was having formatting problems, so this is continued from above:

Looking at those teams, it is very likely Auburn was the next team to get the spot. But there is no proof of it. And MSU winning the SEC Title is one of those factors you have to consider when predicting a bubble team to get in. Had MSU been of another conference, Auburn may have gotten in. Maybe the committee wanted only 3 SEC teams regardless of who won the SEC Title. Point is - we don't know. But those are things you have to factor in. Maybe next year when Auburn is in this situation, you guys won't jump to "Well there are basically 12 bubble spots" and then change it to 8 when Tournament play is over. That's the difference between you guys and me - I thought of that stuff beforehand. I tried to tell you, but you just wouldn't listen.

Bull****. Stop acting like you think of all the scenarios ahead of time while we're ruled by our emotions and biases. You made a prediction that came from your starting point of Auburn pessimism, ended up being wrong on the vast majority of the predictions, got one right and are acting all high and mighty about it. Get a clue.

Unfortunately, the perception was not in favor of Auburn this time around. Funny how it seems that AU always seems to get left out in favor of others. It seems that the student athletes their have to work double as hard as others. 10-6 in conference always got SEC teams into the tournament. The committee says "not this year". Those kids gave their all for the second half of the season and had a 9 out of 11 game win streak, but get left out in favor of a Arizona who was on a 5 out of 6 losing streak. :msu: stumbles through the season, but fortunately they scratched up a 4 game win streak in the conference tourny. Props to them. Hope it never happens to :au: again.

And btw, I never predicted we'd go 1-3. I predicted 2-2, but wouldn't be surprised to go 1-3. And I didn't predict a loss to Florida, I had no idea what to expect. I wasn't the least surprised. I kept saying along the lines of "if we somehow win this game." I say that about a lot of games in lots of sports.

In my opinion Auburn deserved a bid to the NCAA Tournament. They really did. But the media didn't get them the credit that was due. Their resume was more impressive than Arizona's. But in the end, it was too little too late in the judges minds. I am not a judge. I would've put Auburn through. It sucks they didn't make it, but I am not the least bit surprised. It's not much different from 2004. Someone had to be left out, mine as well be Auburn because the perception of their schedule was not as strong.

BTW, St. Mary's, Creighton, and Penn State were all about equal with Auburn in regards to receiving that next bid. Had MSU not won the SEC Title, would Auburn had gotten that spot? Maybe. I'm not saying it would not have happened. Looking at those teams, it is very likely Auburn was the next team to get the spot. But there is no proof of it. And MSU winning the SEC Title is one of those factors you have to consider when predicting a bubble team to get in. Had MSU been of another conference, Auburn may have gotten in. Maybe the committee wanted only 3 SEC teams regardless of who won the SEC Title. Point is - we don't know. But those are things you have to factor in. Maybe next year when Auburn is in this situation, you guys won't jump to "Well there are basically 12 bubble spots" and then change it to 8 when Tournament play is over. That's the difference between you guys and me - I thought of that stuff beforehand. I tried to tell you, but you just wouldn't listen.

PC, titan has already broken down your post and exposed you for the fraud that you are, so there is no need to break this down to rip apart your post again. Titan did an excellent job of exposing your back peddling.

The bottom line, as titan explained so well, is you made a boat load of "predictions" from an Anti- Auburn perspective, got ONE right and are here running off at the mouth about how right you are. You are wrong so often, you can't even keep up with your own idiocy.

Tell me, How's your back today? It sure must hurt from kissing your own ass....

You can't say that MSU didn't take our spot without allowing for the equally valid take that MSU did take it. You can't prove your notion and neither can I, but the point is, your take on it isn't the default one just because you say so.

And btw' date=' I never predicted we'd go 1-3. I predicted 2-2, but wouldn't be surprised to go 1-3.[/quote']

Yes you did. Here's the money quote:

That said' date=' 2-2 seems like the best thing to say,[b'] but I predict they go 1-3.[/b] I think the LSU loss hurt a lot more than people realize in terms of momentum.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry583873

Now shut up.

And I didn't predict a loss to Florida' date=' I had no idea what to expect. I wasn't the least surprised. I kept saying along the lines of "if we somehow win this game." I say that about a lot of games in lots of sports. [/quote']

Wrong again, dumbass. In a thread calling the UF tourney game the biggest game in 6 years for AU b'ball::

I just think it's funny that this is the biggest game in 6 years' date=' when this is clearly not a "get in" game. The biggest game in 6 years... (assume we some how win) then tomorrow is the biggest game in 6 years. Then assume they somehow win again, Sunday is the biggest game in 6 years. Oh wait... Saturday would be the biggest game in 1 day and Sunday the biggest game in... 1 day.

I'm thinking Mississippi State will take the SEC Tournament this year and surprise everybody. Just my prediction.

On the bright side, USC and UK lost today. But seeing that USC had an identical SEC record and a better overall record and a lot of the media is claiming they may now be 'out' I am sure that means we are 'in' with a UF win - right guys? [b']Ahhh, the debating will go away once we lose today.[/b]

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?a...st&p=587805

The thing is - it all doesn't matter. Auburn didn't make it. It sucks ass that teams like Arizona got in. But Auburn should've worked harder during the entire season and not just at the end. Then we wouldn't be arguing. Predicting 1-3' date=' 2-2, certain games didn't matter. I was wrong about some things, but in the end being wrong didn't help. [/quote']

You were wrong about several things but you conveniently only show up to run your fat yap when you finally get something right and act like we should be looking to you as some oracle of objectivity and wisdom. THAT is the point we're making. Stop arguing against things no one is saying. Of course in hindsight if we'd have pulled out another win or two we'd likely be in and of course nobody's predictions on this or that outcome changes things. Why even bring up such stupid arguments? Oh, I know why: to deflect attention from the fact that you're not as smart and prescient as you think you are.

Lots of people on this board predicted Auburn would make it and they were stupid to believe so. You know why? Because they hadn't done ENOUGH at any point in time. You keep saying "If they had beaten UT" or "Had MSU not won the SEC" among countless excuses. Well guess what - they didn't do enough and you just admitted it. But no one was making these claims while we were winning. It was all "If this isn't an NCAA team..." bs. Call me a pecimist' date=' but I wait until the games are over to celebrate and that is it. I wait until the results come through. It is silly to get excited over nothing. It only sets you up for disappointment.[/quote']

Are you really this stupid or just being an insufferable ass? People are saying this now because we have the hindsight to be able to try and piece together the committee's logic on who they picked and who they left out. And using that logic, it is perfectly legitimate and reasonable to say that a win over UT or MSU not winning the tourney could have been the difference.

I still believe this was an NCAA team and would have caused trouble for at least 1 or 2 higher seeded teams if they'd gotten the chance. Saying "if this isn't an NCAA tourney team..." isn't predicting the future, it's making the case for Auburn to be included you dimwit.

BTW' date=' St. Mary's, Creighton, and Penn State were all about equal with Auburn in regards to receiving that next bid. Had MSU not won the SEC Title, would Auburn had gotten that spot? Maybe. I'm not saying it would not have happened.[/quote']

So when you said "MSU did not take Auburn's spot" you really meant "maybe they did?" Interesting.

Owned! :roflol:

I think it is hilarious you went and found some "predictions." What a sad life you must live. I honestly don't remember who says what. I just remember the general perspective on this board.

That said, I also got the UT game right, so sit on that.

And did you actually predict them to go 4-0? I don't think so.

And to end this MSU debate - there is a clear difference and apparently your idiotic, unintelligent, Bama-wannabe, mind can't realize. No one said Auburn was forced out by Bama. You may think they were and is it possible - yes. But there was no fact. You don't just say one OPINION is correct because you THINK it is. You can think all you want, but just like you thought they would get in the tournament - it is nothing more than an opinion and nothing more. You thought they'd get in. You were wrong. You thought MSU took their spot, you are likely wrong again. When the committee is on quote for saying Auburn took their spot, I'll agree with you. Until then, MSU took... ummm... Kentucky's spot.

I think it is hilarious you went and found some "predictions." What a sad life you must live. I honestly don't remember who says what. I just remember the general perspective on this board.

Actually, I remembered your stupid predictions and simply linked to them so you couldn't spin, lie and deny. It literally took me 5 minutes to use the forum search function so I could provide the links. Do you understand how teh intarwebs work?

That said, you've been wrong far more than you've been right, so sit on that. Given that the vast majority of teams don't go undefeated, especially in basketball, if you keep predicting losses long enough, eventually you'll get one right. Sort of like a stopped clock is right twice a day, but is still useless.

I'm not the fat mouth touting my prognosticating powers. Don't change the subject from your idiocy.

And to end this MSU debate - there is a clear difference and apparently your idiotic, unintelligent, Bama-wannabe, mind can't realize. No one said Auburn was forced out by Bama.

What are you talking about? Do you even know anymore?

You may think they were and is it possible - yes. But there was no fact. You don't just say one OPINION is correct because you THINK it is. You can think all you want, but just like you thought they would get in the tournament - it is nothing more than an opinion and nothing more.

Actually this is what we've been trying to get you to see. We said it appears MSU took our spot. You asserted they didn't. I even pointed out this very logic to you earlier...that there is no proof either way. Yet you told us to prove it, which makes no sense.

You really need to take a refresher course on basic logic and argumentation.

You thought they'd get in. You were wrong. You thought MSU took their spot, you are likely wrong again. When the committee is on quote for saying Auburn took their spot, I'll agree with you. Until then, MSU took... ummm... Kentucky's spot.

I'm no more likely to be wrong in my assessment of what MSU winning the tourney did to our chances than you are, which is what I said from the get go.

I think sometimes you forget what points you are arguing and which ones others are arguing against you.

And to end this MSU debate - there is a clear difference and apparently your idiotic, unintelligent, Bama-wannabe, mind can't realize. No one said Auburn was forced out by Bama. You may think they were and is it possible - yes. But there was no fact. You don't just say one OPINION is correct because you THINK it is. You can think all you want, but just like you thought they would get in the tournament - it is nothing more than an opinion and nothing more. You thought they'd get in. You were wrong. You thought MSU took their spot, you are likely wrong again. When the committee is on quote for saying Auburn took their spot, I'll agree with you. Until then, MSU took... ummm... Kentucky's spot.

:moon::moon::moon:

MSU took... Penn State's spot.

And btw, I conceded that they "might have." I'm saying you are a douche for thinking it is the only explanation and that they definitely took our spot. It seems odd to me though that the committee, of all the teams they could've knocked out (Arizona, Maryland, Michigan, etc.) that they knocked out the one team that beat the SEC Champion... twice. But I guess the committee said "We are only sending 3 teams - no more."

I think MSU took Virginia Tech's spot this time...

Or maybe Cleveland State took our spot.

Or maybe, just maybe, Dayton took our spot WHEN THEY BEAT US!!

I think MSU took Creighton's spot.

MSU took... Penn State's spot.

And btw, I conceded that they "might have." I'm saying you are a douche for thinking it is the only explanation and that they definitely took our spot.

And I'm saying you're a douche for not reading better. To most people, when you say "I guess MSU took our spot," it leaves room open for other possibilities. Apparently to the English-impaired like yourself, that ends up translating to "only." Nice job.

It seems odd to me though that the committee, of all the teams they could've knocked out (Arizona, Maryland, Michigan, etc.) that they knocked out the one team that beat the SEC Champion... twice. But I guess the committee said "We are only sending 3 teams - no more."

Actually, such things do come into consideration because they look at something called "Conference RPI." The SEC was last among power conferences in RPI and thus it is entirely likely that they felt three teams were worthy from our league. Had UT won, it's very possible we got that third slot. MSU won the tourney and they weren't taking us both.

I think MSU took Virginia Tech's spot this time...

Or maybe Cleveland State took our spot.

Or maybe, just maybe, Dayton took our spot WHEN THEY BEAT US!!

I think MSU took Creighton's spot.

Good thing there are strawmen around. They're about the only folks you can beat.

That's why he has been on my ignore list for awhile. The only problem is when someone replies to one of his stupid post and repost it as a quote. So my question is to the mods. Why can't we do something to fix this problem. I mean if he is on my ignore list then why do I still have to see his post when someone else repost it?

Same here. I wish something could be done about it too but now the mods are making his day.

Once we increase what you pay to use the site, we should be able to address those upgrades. B)

We do that just to aggravate folks. We all get a big kick out of it and laugh like crazy men in the MOD forum. :P

465998775l.jpg

We do that just to aggravate folks. We all get a big kick out of it and laugh like crazy men in the MOD forum. :P

465998775l.jpg

Ooh ooh, ooh ooh, I wanna read the MOD forum!

465998775l.jpg

Ooh ooh, ooh ooh, I wanna read the MOD forum!

I do too. :lol:

Archived