Oh well...NIT it is.

TitanTiger

I thought we'd squeak in. I guess MSU winning took our slot. Thanks a lot, Vols. Goes to show you how little respect the SEC got this year. The regular season champ goes 26-7 and gets an 8 seed. UT gets a 9 and MSU gets a 13.

On to the NIT. Good job guys storming back from a rough start and making the postseason.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either MSU or Arizona took our slot. Oh well. I thought we might squeak in too, oh well. We still showed marked improvement this year and will likely get the NIT. Stinks but its a step up from the previous few seasons.

This sucks! UT can kiss my arse ;)

NIT=Not Invited Tourney for most...but we now can hope for a game or two in BEMC. It still sucks!

The thing that sucks about Arizona getting in is that we were ranked higher than them in the RPI (62 vs 63) and had 3 more wins and 2 less losses. And we were hotter than them to finish the season.

Personally, I'd have also ditched Wisconsin and probably Maryland and put in Creighton and St. Mary's.

Here's hoping that the SEC plays very well in the first couple of rounds. When your highest seeded team is 8, you're not getting much respect.

Way to go Slive!!! Way to put our best foot forward!

I was kinda pissed that Wisconsin snuck in and the fact that SEC got smacked in the face in terms of seeding, good job Slive. There are some good teams that are going to the NIT, maybe we can get a team like Penn State coming to BEMC. I hope Stans and Miss State get run off the court in Portland.

Here's hoping that the SEC plays very well in the first couple of rounds. When your highest seeded team is 8, you're not getting much respect.

Wonder how much Slive fought for us or for the SEC in general. Doesn't look like much. What really ticks me off are some of the records of teams that got in. I seem to remember a 18-16 team.

Wonder how much Slive fought for us or for the SEC in general. Doesn't look like much. What really ticks me off are some of the records of teams that got in. I seem to remember a 18-16 team.

That 18-16 team that got in was UT-Chattanooga, who won their conference tournament.

Bottom line is that our performance in the non-conference did us in...win 2-3 of those games against UNI, Xavier and Dayton and we're looking at a different story.

The thing that sucks about Arizona getting in is that we were ranked higher than them in the RPI (62 vs 63) and had 3 more wins and 2 less losses. And we were hotter than them to finish the season.

Personally, I'd have also ditched Wisconsin and probably Maryland and put in Creighton and St. Mary's.

Tell you what hurt us right there. The respect for conferences this year.

They have been discussing the Pac 10 and its suprise strength for days. Arizona also has the name.

Tenn didn't help us here either. While Tenn lost to Gonzaga and Kansas, Arizona beat both of them.

I know AD's have to remove themselves when their school is being discussed and I think schools from their own conference. I'm not certain but I also thought this applied to Conference Commisioners as well which would mean Slive could not be in the room when SEC teams were discussed. I may be wrong about the Commisioner part but I could have sworn I've heard that before.

At least we will get a home game or two out of this. The seniors played hard down the stretch and deserve to make the postseason.

And who knows? Maybe it will be a team we'd want to play in football, they'll be so impressed with Auburn (city and school) and remember us when it is time to schedule football games. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

The one upside for NIT games is that they are played on-campus until the semifinals...hopefully people will get over their disappointment and attend if at all possible.

You guys are hilarous - "MSU took our slot." No they didn't. And you have no proof they did. There were other bubble teams that are probably stating the exact same thing. What a bunch of sore losers.

Auburn wasn't going to make it - plain and simple. I stated it a week ago - Auburn needed a lot more than to win 1 game in the SEC. They needed a lot of teams to win their conference tourny that were "locks" and then some more help on top of that. They needed to win the SEC Title.

And I was right... again... with MSU being my SEC Champion. Another reason why I predicted Auburn wouldn't make it. You guys need to start listening to me, even if it ain't what you wanna hear ;)

You guys are hilarous - "MSU took our slot." No they didn't. And you have no proof they did. There were other bubble teams that are probably stating the exact same thing. What a bunch of sore losers.

Auburn wasn't going to make it - plain and simple. I stated it a week ago - Auburn needed a lot more than to win 1 game in the SEC. They needed a lot of teams to win their conference tourny that were "locks" and then some more help on top of that. They needed to win the SEC Title.

And I was right... again... with MSU being my SEC Champion. Another reason why I predicted Auburn wouldn't make it. You guys need to start listening to me, even if it ain't what you wanna hear ;)

So where is your proof...undeniable proof that MSU didn't?

Dude, **** off.

Why doesn't this board just devote a forum topic to the "all-knowing" and always right PC??????? Then we won't have to waste time scrolling the the topics when we can go directly to his and know everything about everything - even if it ain't what we wanna hear.

You guys are hilarous - "MSU took our slot." No they didn't. And you have no proof they did.

I say they did. And you've no proof they didn't. See how that works? I think in the end, the SEC was getting three teams and I believe that 3rd one would have been Auburn if MSU hadn't won the tournament.

Not to mention, jackass, you stated the same thing yesterday.

There were other bubble teams that are probably stating the exact same thing. What a bunch of sore losers.

How is it being a sore loser? MSU wasn't even on the bubble at all. Literally no one was talking about them having a prayer at 19-12. I think Auburn was in but MSU taking a slot unexpectedly nudged us out. That's not sour grapes or anything. Congrats to MSU, but them winning the tourney ended up being bad for us.

Auburn wasn't going to make it - plain and simple.

Again, you don't know that.

I stated it a week ago - Auburn needed a lot more than to win 1 game in the SEC.

You state so much pessimistic bull**** it's hard to keep up and you're bound to get one right now and then. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

They needed a lot of teams to win their conference tourny that were "locks" and then some more help on top of that. They needed to win the SEC Title.

No they didn't. In fact, with the way they seeded LSU and UT, we might have only needed to advance to the title game (causing UT to get left out, though again I think we would have squeaked in anyway as a 13th seed ala MSU had they not won the tourney).

And I was right... again... with MSU being my SEC Champion.

Blind squirrels and nuts. You also predicted we'd lose to Florida. And that we'd lose the season ender against LSU (we stomped a 16-point mudhole in them). And that we'd finish the final 4 games of the regular season 1-3 (we went 4-0).

Another reason why I predicted Auburn wouldn't make it. You guys need to start listening to me, even if it ain't what you wanna hear ;)

You need to keep your stories straight. Not even you can keep up with all the bull**** anymore.

I love it when PC crows about being right in a situation that's not good for Auburn.

Tip: Saying something like, "I was afraid this was going to happen" may keep you from sounding like a bammer.

PC... SHUT THE F... UP! Please just go the the uat boards and stop pretending to be an AU fan... you are not. BTW... you just made my very rare ignore group... jerk wad.

.....And I was right... again...

No. This one time that you were right, you show back up to brag about it. The dozens of times that you've been wrong about stuff you've gone away, never to return to those threads to admit your failings.

The term "slimeball" comes to mind.

Archived