OT Shun/Shon Coleman Commits

AUman43

Shun Coleman OT 6-7 275 from Olive Branch. Mississippi. * According to Rivals. I saw about 90 prospects there today.

No confirmation yet on what the actual spelling he wants on his first name.

6'7 OT from Olive Branch HS...teammate of OT Damien Robinson and 09 signee Darren Bates.

6'7 OT from Olive Branch HS...teammate of OT Damien Robinson and 09 signee Darren Bates.

Getting him and Robinson would be a great start to the OL class

How can the spelling of his name be up in the air? How does his momma spell it? :blink: Meta I didnt see that he had an offer on Rivals. Did they offer today?

How can the spelling of his name be up in the air? How does his momma spell it? :blink: Meta I didnt see that he had an offer on Rivals. Did they offer today?

Rivals listed his name as Shalon in their early mentions of him when they scouted games from last season...it appears he is now using a nickname/short-form name....which Rivals is listing as Shon while Scout is listing as Shun.

And yeah, they offered him today.

Rivals listed his name as Shalon in their early mentions of him when they scouted games from last season...it appears he is now using a nickname/short-form name....which Rivals is listing as Shon while Scout is listing as Shun.

Do you know if him and Robinson are buddies?

Well they play on the same team so I'm assuming they're friends.

He says it's Shon. He also said he and Robinson are close friends but he won't pressure him to come to Auburn. He says they don't talk a lot about recruiting and make their own independent decisions.

He says it's Shon. He also said he and Robinson are close friends but he won't pressure him to come to Auburn. He says they don't talk a lot about recruiting and make their own independent decisions.

I think someone needs to have a little sit-down with Shon about that.

Well they play on the same team so I'm assuming they're friends.

I can remember a lot of kids from my HS team that I couldn't f'n stand.

Besides that, I'd like to say that DAMN Olive Branch is loaded at the line. They had a highly recruited kid last year everyone wanted, plus Robinson and Shon this year... I'm assuming Shon backed up the kid from last year that committed to FSU?

You have to feel good about the fact that Damien has offers from everyone under the sun and chose to come to AU today instead of UAt (whose game is apparently a much bigger production) or any of the other SEC games around. Let's hope there's more to that than him just carpooling with Shon because he couldn't get his own ride somewhere else.

**Edit** I found this on Scout. He did NOT back up the cat from last year. The part about excelling at pulling and traps sounds awesome after seeing the blocking schemes of our OL today.

Coach Scott Samsel

"Shun played left guard last year, and he played some defensive end because we needed him on the defensive side of the ball. He looks more like a TE in a tight end offense, but we are going to move him to offensive tackle this year. He pulls and traps very well. Shun has a bright future because of his great feet. He can run a 4.9 forty and can put on another 20 pounds of good weight."

Archived