DeMarcus Milliner

TigerDevil

in my mind AU > ISU and if he couldn't suceed there, what makes you think he will at AU?

I don't understand this logic. AU > ISU is precisely the reason I think he can succeed here.

I've thought about this and it is complex when trying to forcast Chizik's success as HC at Auburn. Chizik has never been a HC at Auburn. He's been a HC at ISU. He's been a DC at Auburn. So the question is, "What holds more weight?": His head coaching ability or the program he was at? He failed as HC at ISU, but he's not at ISU anymore. He succeeded at DC at Auburn, but he's not a DC anymore.

:headscratch:

I don't see how he will be able to suceed here if he couldn't suceed at ISU.

So you're telling me that you believe it's harder to win at AU than it is at ISU?................... Are you sure you're ready to have that debate?

Im saying is if he is such a good HC, then he should have atleast won at ISU or atleast 500 one of the 2 years.

you are acting as if I WANT him to fail, thats not what I want, I just don't think he will suceed and I don't see how you, JJ and others do..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mack...Brown,, whos first year as a HC had a winning record...

He went 6-5 at a D-1AA school in his first year.

As a 1-A coach (which is what's relevant), he went 1-10 his first year.

As a 1-A coach in a major conference even more relevant, he went 2-20 in his first two years.

Seems to have done fairly well since then.

As a 1-A coach in a major conference even more relevant, he went 2-20 in his first two years.

Maybe so, however Charlie Weis isn't. but are you going to be patient enough to wait for CGC to supposedly suceed? which I don't see how.

in my mind AU > ISU and if he couldn't suceed there, what makes you think he will at AU?

I don't understand this logic. AU > ISU is precisely the reason I think he can succeed here.

I've thought about this and it is complex when trying to forcast Chizik's success as HC at Auburn. Chizik has never been a HC at Auburn. He's been a HC at ISU. He's been a DC at Auburn. So the question is, "What holds more weight?": His head coaching ability or the program he was at? He failed as HC at ISU, but he's not at ISU anymore. He succeeded at DC at Auburn, but he's not a DC anymore.

So you're telling me that you believe it's harder to win at AU than it is at ISU?................... Are you sure you're ready to have that debate?

Im saying is if he is such a good HC, then he should have atleast won at ISU or atleast 500 one of the 2 years.

you are acting as if I WANT him to fail, thats not what I want, I just don't think he will suceed and I don't see how you, JJ and others do..

Shug Jordan was a slightly above 500 basketball coach before he started coaching football at Auburn.

Pat Dye was 6-5 during his one year stay at Wyoming.

Tommy Tuberville was 6-5 at Ole Miss the year before he came to Auburn.

From 1995-1998 (four seasons), Nick Saban who I think you secretly idolize, had a 500 record.

I'd say those are fairly successful coaches.

Maybe so, however Charlie Weis isn't. but are you going to be patient enough to wait for CGC to supposedly suceed? which I don't see how.

As patient as I'd be at a place like ISU? No. He has a lot more to work with here. I don't expect instant SEC title games, but I expect improvement this year and being seriously in the mix for the West by Year Three. Given where we are recruiting wise after the last couple of seasons, I think that's reasonable.

Shug Jordan was a slightly above 500 basketball coach before he started coaching football at Auburn.

Pat Dye was 6-5 during his one year stay at Wyoming.

Tommy Tuberville was 6-5 at Ole Miss the year before he came to Auburn.

From 1995-1998 (four seasons), Nick Saban who I think you secretly idolize, had a 500 record.

I'd say those are fairly successful coaches.

Shug Jordan has a NT (which Im very Thankful for)

Pat Dye got AU out of the dumps but he cheated and ended up leaving us.

TT thought AU > Ole Miss which is why he bolted at the first offer made but spent his last years at AU figuring out how to get the hell out of AU faster than trying to recruit 4-5 stars to come to AU much less winning a NT.

Nick Saban has a NT and almost got to play for another one less than 7 months ago and so far has posted 2 back to back top 5 classes, so yeah, I would say they were fairly sucessful.

We didn't know he'd do that based on what we knew when we hired him.

We had no idea how well he would do when we hired him based on his East Carolina and Wyoming stops.

TT thought AU > Ole Miss which is why he bolted at the first offer made but spent his last years at AU figuring out how to get the hell out of AU faster than trying to recruit 4-5 stars to come to AU much less winning a NT.

But wait, if he could only get to 6-5 at Ole Miss, he should have never posted records like 13-0 and 11-2 at Auburn, using your ISU logic.

Nick Saban has a NT and almost got to play for another one less than 7 months ago and so far has posted 2 back to back top 5 classes, so yeah, I would say they were fairly sucessful.

Why can't you spell success, succeed or successful?

Official Proof..

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2009/06/alabam...ne_demarcu.html

all this Tiger Prowl and Kitty Cat BS is reallllly paying off.,, oh and to top it off, a 5-19 HC at the helm..

Continue to witness UA rack up more and more and more without all of the non-sense crap. In 2010, they will be rated in the top 5 again in recruiting.

Why don't you cut Chizik some slack until fall, and let him have a chance to show you whether he's good or awful? You kind of sound like your name should be BroncoUA.

excuse me but expressing my displeasure doesn't condone me as a "UA Fan" as you hope and pray.

a 5-19 HC isn't going to be able to match the intensity $aban has presented so far nor stand much of a "chance". 2 back to back Top 5 recruiting classes and has the 13th public commitment for 2010 and the fourth from the state of Alabama.

"Better Ingredients, Better Pizza, Papa Johns." papajohns.com bowl 6-6 Auburn Tigers vs. ???

You're a tool, the only time you come on here is to trash Auburn.

Tool? naaa.. I just don't wear the goggles like most

Tool? Yes. Mole? Probably.

Tiger88,

I can't read what you posted here, I don't have my goggles on... May I borrow yours? You should have plenty.

If it looks like a troll, smells like a troll, sounds like a troll, well then it probably is a troll.

Bronco, as usual you are in over your head in this debate. And no, its not because we all" wear the goggles". Chizik biggest problem was making a monumentally stupid mistake in taking the ISU job in the first place. He inherited a sorry team with no resources and an administration that fought him at every turn. He made a huge investment in the future of the program by playing tons of true freshmen during his time there. Let me assure you, Paul Rhodes is coming into a h*** of a lot better situation than Gene Chizik came into at ISU. So his record for those two years is the least of my worry. Do you base your hero Saban's body of work on his time in Miami?

Nobody on here is saying that we will be undefeated this year and that we expect Chizik to be great overnight. What we are doing is what real fans (unlike yourself) should be doing and seeing that this guys does have a chance to bring us back.

Bronco, as usual you are in over your head in this debate. And no, its not because we all" wear the goggles". Chizik biggest problem was making a monumentally stupid mistake in taking the ISU job in the first place. He inherited a sorry team with no resources and an administration that fought him at every turn. He made a huge investment in the future of the program by playing tons of true freshmen during his time there. Let me assure you, Paul Rhodes is coming into a h*** of a lot better situation than Gene Chizik came into at ISU. So his record for those two years is the least of my worry. Do you base your hero Saban's body of work on his time in Miami?

Nobody on here is saying that we will be undefeated this year and that we expect Chizik to be great overnight. What we are doing is what real fans (unlike yourself) should be doing and seeing that this guys does have a chance to bring us back.

Look at what $aban has done at LSU, and atleast he had a winning record his first year with the Dolphins but I don't know about you, but the NFL sucks compared to college football.

UA wanted him and they got him and look at what he has done so far. So until AU has someone who can match or beat that kind of intesity and determination on the college level (Not NFL, but if you insist on using the NFL time as a factor, then UT should have never hired Kiffin) then by all means, Im all for it.

We didn't know he'd do that based on what we knew when we hired him.

We had no idea how well he would do when we hired him based on his East Carolina and Wyoming stops.

But wait, if he could only get to 6-5 at Ole Miss, he should have never posted records like 13-0 and 11-2 at Auburn, using your ISU logic.

Why can't you spell success, succeed or successful?

It took Jetgate to erupt for CTT to finally post an undefeated season or else all seasons would have been the same,, 1 Conference title in 10 years of coaching.

and had this website been up or I even knew about it during the time we hired CTT from Ole Miss, I would have posted my displeasure for sure. CTT was never the man for AU.. we were a stepping stone for what else was out there and now he is banking on the cash he got for "quitting".

Archived