DeMarcus Milliner

TigerDevil

Milliner is a big time athlete this recruiting year and he would be huge pickup for us because of his athletic ability to play multiple positions. Plus I live right across from Stanhope HS where he plays. He will probably a 5 star when the ranking come out.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has already been ranked and is currently a 4 star, with the potential to become a 5 star on Rivals. He looks to be the best player from Alabama this year and I would say we hve a shot at anybody with this staff. Trooper Taylor is the one recruiting him.

Edit: I just saw he ran a 4.31 and said his best ever time has been 4.28. Kid has some wheels.

Since the Bammers are already saying this will be an off year talent wise in the state of Alabama, AU may have a chance. ;)

The HS Coach at Stanhope Elmore is a UA Grad and from what I remember used to play a lot on special teams there back in the late 80's/early 90s. I went there in high school and he was either in college or fresh out while I was attending there, so I didn't really know him. There have only been a couple of Stanhope Elmore grads that I am familiar with that have gone on to the next level in sports....and the only one in football was Shannon Brown who played for Bama, then the Falcons, but that was also about that same time frame of the early 90's or so. Hopefully, this staff can land him, he looks like an absolutely phenomenal player.

I think it's safe to assume that this staff (Chizk's) aren't going to concede anyone to the bammers. I think we will have the strongest in-state battle for prospects that we've seen in perhaps 5 years. I love the statement by Jake Holland that he feels an obligation to help Auburn recruit since he became a commit. We need more of that from our commits.

Milliner is a big time athlete this recruiting year and he would be huge pickup for us because of his athletic ability to play multiple positions. Plus I live right across from Stanhope HS where he plays. He will probably a 5 star when the ranking come out.

well set up a sign in your yard that says, "We may not offer you hookers, blow, or a car ---- but a Bama education can only get you so far! See you on the Plains, Milliner!"

I think Trooper Taylor can sweet talk any kid into coming to Auburn. Have any of you saw or talked to this guy, he could sell fish sticks to a catfish.

• 3 weeks later...

He didn't publicly name a leader, but said that one school is starting to stand out -- Alabama.

This is per Bryan Matthews of Auburn's Rivals site.

He didn't publicly name a leader, but said that one school is starting to stand out -- Alabama.

This is per Bryan Matthews of Auburn's Rivals site.

Auburn's Rivals site...well I'm sure there is no bias then

Ugh.

Dude, if the comment was posted in an article on the front page of AU's Rivals site, how can you make any argument for bias? Bryan Matthews is not a poster on the site. He writes for them and is on the payroll.

Then again, Matthews has a track record of being constantly wrong. So, you may have that working in your favor.

He has already been ranked and is currently a 4 star, with the potential to become a 5 star on Rivals. He looks to be the best player from Alabama this year and I would say we hve a shot at anybody with this staff. Trooper Taylor is the one recruiting him.

Edit: I just saw he ran a 4.31 and said his best ever time has been 4.28. Kid has some wheels.

WOW!! I just saw on rivals that Corey Grant, RB from Opelika, won a 100 M race by 5 or 6 paces. A race that Milliner finished fourth. It was a highschool track meet in Gulf Shores.

I'm not discounting any of Milliner's numbers, and would love for him to play DB for us. I was just surprised to read that about Grant. I guess with all the Seastrunk, Lattimore, Dyer hype, I haven't been concerned with our recruitment of Grant. But now...

WOW!! I just saw on rivals that Corey Grant, RB from Opelika, won a 100 M race by 5 or 6 paces. A race that Milliner finished fourth. It was a highschool track meet in Gulf Shores.

I'm not discounting any of Milliner's numbers, and would love for him to play DB for us. I was just surprised to read that about Grant. I guess with all the Seastrunk, Lattimore, Dyer hype, I haven't been concerned with our recruitment of Grant. But now...

From what I hear we are not in great shape for Grant either. Just the rumors.

I can't imagine we are in all that great of shape either if you look at who we have and who we have coming in already. Who have you heard is in good shape for Grant?

I can't imagine we are in all that great of shape either if you look at who we have and who we have coming in already. Who have you heard is in good shape for Grant?

Heard he is a bama fan but it is between Bama and Florida. Other big name schools could jump in.

I think by him not being at the Big Cat Weekend speaks volumes...

Milliner will officially become a turd, come 1:00pm Thursday. He's being listed as a CB, but IMO, he'd be better suited for WR. Has Milliner ever played CB or is he trying it out this year?

Milliner will officially become a turd, come 1:00pm Thursday. He's being listed as a CB, but IMO, he'd be better suited for WR. Has Milliner ever played CB or is he trying it out this year?

Oddly enough, it's the receiver position he hasn't played a lot of. According to everything I've read, he was a S/RB last year. Just over 500 yards rushing. 57 tackles and 7 picks from the safety position. Of course, those stats are from Rivals and Scout so they may or may not be accurate.

I knew that he played Safety and RB. But, why have him listed as a CB? Unless that's what the Colleges are recruiting him for, if Milliner likes to hit keep him at Safety, he has enough speed to cover sideline to sideline, then he could beef up to a Cover Linebacker...or Star Backer. But with his size and speed, I'd like to see him at the Wide Out position.

I knew that he played Safety and RB. But, why have him listed as a CB? Unless that's what the Colleges are recruiting him for, if Milliner likes to hit keep him at Safety, he has enough speed to cover sideline to sideline, then he could beef up to a Cover Linebacker...or Star Backer. But with his size and speed, I'd like to see him at the Wide Out position.

According to his coach, the reason they are playing him at safety is due to his ability. Foshee commented that "he is too talented to limit to just one side of the field."

The unknown is how much he's going to grow. At 6'1", 180-190 lbs he has the frame now to carry another 10-15 lbs without losing a step. Add another inch or two and 30 lbs and in 4-5 years he'll easily project as a safety.

Archived