Seastrunk trying to get top lineman in the country to visit AU

TitanTiger

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/TheRecrui...t,_auburn_visit

Scroll to the bottom where the writer of the article is in the comments. Seastrunk is trying to get in touch with Seantrel Henderson, the #1 ranked offensive lineman in the nation.

From Rivals:

http://auburn.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?...634&sport=1

FWIW, Seastrunk also declined an offer to attend Texas' summer camp this past weekend.

Thanks Titan! Heard about Seastrunk declining the visit, but couldn't find a source. This speaks volumes... This kid is electric and recruiting for us...

I think its safe to say that Seastrunk may like Auburn alot.

Dare I say "Silent Commit?" Anyone?

Ryan

Marcus Lattimore has also contact Mr. Seantrel, to tell him that he should give Auburn a look. Auburn is recruiting him, but I'm not sure if he's interested. If he does decide to visit Auburn for an un-official, then that would mean that he's starting to think about it and that would tell the coaches that he's somewhat interested.

I just love that the top two RBs in the country are out there telling other blue chippers they need to check out Auburn.

I just love that the top two RBs in the country are out there telling other blue chippers they need to check out Auburn.

i'm beginning to really like our chances with Seastrunk and Lattimore!!!....and they are just trying to help themselves. get some big blockers out front! WAR EAGLE!!!

Have we confirmed that Lattimore has contacted Henderson? The article that Titan posted only mentions Seastrunk.

Ryan

uh-oh...LSU needs to take back the spotlight in this recruitment. When Reed and Hurd call it LSU, however, we'll make our run.

This is going to be a signing-day decision, and you guys have my undivided attention now. i'm really impressed how well your coaching staff has sold the program.

I think its safe to say that Seastrunk may like Auburn alot.

Dare I say "Silent Commit?" Anyone?

Ryan

The writer of that article seems to think so..."Lache's probably already a silent commitment."

Have we confirmed that Lattimore has contacted Henderson? The article that Titan posted only mentions Seastrunk.

Ryan

The article about Seantrel being contacted by Lattimore was done by Scout. One of the Scout's sports writers was doing a piece about Seantrel, when he asked him if he had any contact with any of the other top prospects. Seantrel said that Marcus Lattimore called him about taking a look at Auburn and maybe coming down to check it out. At this point, I don't see Seantrel considering Auburn, but I could be wrong.

This is a mystery to me. IF Seastrunk is helping Auburn recruit, then why not commit himself? It's not like the other schools won't continue to pursue him until signing day AND his commit would do more to attract top athletes than just calling them now. I'm hopeful we get him but I'm trying not to get too pumped in case something goes south. I'd also certainly love to have Lattimore and Reed. Right now, I'm hoping we can add some outstanding linemen, which we need badly and can offer quick playing time. WDE!

This is a mystery to me. IF Seastrunk is helping Auburn recruit, then why not commit himself? It's not like the other schools won't continue to pursue him until signing day AND his commit would do more to attract top athletes than just calling them now. I'm hopeful we get him but I'm trying not to get too pumped in case something goes south. I'd also certainly love to have Lattimore and Reed. Right now, I'm hoping we can add some outstanding linemen, which we need badly and can offer quick playing time. WDE!

Because I believe he promised to announce his commitment at the Army H.S. All-Star game. Also, coaches often tell recruits to keep their commitment silent for various reasons.

Because I believe he promised to announce his commitment at the Army H.S. All-Star game. Also, coaches often tell recruits to keep their commitment silent for various reasons.

Well, if he made a promise to the Army All-star Game, I have to respect him for keeping his word...as much as I'd love to see him commit tomorrow.

Love to hear about them calling Seantrel...but hope they're also are working on those OL we've already been recruiting heavily as well as someone who's never even looked at us yet.

And just a general comment: First Saban, then Seantrel...Lache isn't shy about getting on the phone to anyone, is he? I kinda like a guy who's a go-getter, who's does hesitate to take charge and take things into his own hands to get things done! :thumbsup:

When is the Army all star game?

Typically it's in January. This is a quote from one of the Auburn recruiting sites. I can't post the link or the whole article because it's premium content, but I can do this snippet:

Seastrunk says he plans to return to Auburn this summer to participate in a camp and he will announce his decision on his college choice in January at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio. “Y’all are going be very, very surprised what I do at the Army game,” he says. “Everybody is going to be surprised. I can’t release the information of what I am going to do, but you all are really going to enjoy where I go to.”

It seems like the Army Game and others make a big deal about these live commits. Do they tell these kids that they have to hold their commitments until the game as a condition of them being invited to play? It certainly seems that way sometimes and Lache is the prime example...

No. Some of the kids are already committed to various places. But Lache said he was going to announce on the show.

Typically it's in January. This is a quote from one of the Auburn recruiting sites. I can't post the link or the whole article because it's premium content, but I can do this snippet:

Seastrunk says he plans to return to Auburn this summer to participate in a camp and he will announce his decision on his college choice in January at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio. “Y’all are going be very, very surprised what I do at the Army game,” he says. “Everybody is going to be surprised. I can’t release the information of what I am going to do, but you all are really going to enjoy where I go to.”

I think I saw that quote somewhere right after Big Cat Weekend, but I don't belong to any premium services. Anyway, seems like he was talking to Auburn people when he said it, so the "ya'll are really going to enjoy where I go" sounds like a good omen.

On the other, we "are going be very, very surprized"? I don't think it will be a big surprize if he chooses Auburn at this point. The big surprize to me would be if he goes elsewhere--and I would defintely NOT enjoy that!

I hope he doesn't do the hat thing.

haha....me either...he said people would be surprised. i'm thinking he might do something like: wear and Auburn jersey during the Army All-star game! How awesome would that be?!!!!

I'm just so jacked up about where this program is headed!!! :muscles:

I hope he doesn't do the hat thing.

haha....me either...he said people would be surprised. i'm thinking he might do something like: wear and Auburn jersey during the Army All-star game! How awesome would that be?!!!!

I'm just so jacked up about where this program is headed!!! :muscles:

He's gonna tell Texas, Auburn and Saban to suck a :corndog: after he pulls out the LSU hat. He feels like you guys are going to enjoy the fact that he'll be playing for a tiger team. B)

Seriosuly, if he does choose Auburn, congrats. Although they're not speed backs, LSU has Kenny Hilliard and Hill for 2011. I do want him to be LSU's scat-back, though... very, very bad.

Archived