Hold the Phone! Fox Sports to televise SEC football!

AURainman

While not earth shattering news, I certainly didn't see this coming!

Jay G. Tate's HABOTN

Throw another shrimp on the (television) barbe

Hey everyone. The Southeastern Conference just announced that Fox Sports Net has brokered a new television deal. FSN actually negotiated with ESPN, which bought the rights to SEC football this time last year.

Anyway, the FSN family of networks (Fox Sports South, Sun Sports and Fox Sports Southwest) now will exclusively televise nine live football games each season -- beginning this fall.

If you want to know about times, well, I don't have that information just yet.

Here's what the entire deal includes:

* Seven live, exclusive football games (presumably non-conference tilts)

* 20 men’s basketball games

* 24 women’s basketball games (16 regular season, eight tournament)

* 16 baseball games (10 regular season, six tournament)

* 24 additional Olympic sporting events (softball, volleyball, soccer, gymnastics)

SO, CBS, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNregional, and now FSS. Better clear those TiVoes off before fall rolls around.

This is potentially good news for me, seeing as how I live out here in SE Texas...Fox Sports SW is the Fox sports channel that I get, so maybe I'll get to see some games live that I wouldn't have gotten to see otherwise...most of 'em will be basketball and baseball, but something is better than nothing.

Apparantly, this will be non conference tilts that ESPN didn't want. This has AU vs Ball State written all over it. Maybe even La Tech. I was hoping for a little better slot(like Mid-Afternoon on ESPN2). I'd like to know when the FSN game will kick off. Any ideas?

Apparantly, this will be non conference tilts that ESPN didn't want. This has AU vs Ball State written all over it. Maybe even La Tech. I was hoping for a little better slot(like Mid-Afternoon on ESPN2). I'd like to know when the FSN game will kick off. Any ideas?

I would think either Mid-Afternoon or a early game.

What happened to TBS doing football broadcasts? They weren't all that bad, really.

When did TBS do a football game?

I know they did a couple of bowl games that had PAC-10 teams in them.

Archived