The Saints are getting hosed by the Refs

rebdawg

One of the things I like about the NFL is that the officiating is pretty solid but the Falcons are playing very dirty and the refs won't call them on anything but are ticky tacking the Saints to death. I've seen the Falcons go helmet to helmet three times with no flag. One was on Breese with the deliberate intent to hurt him.

Just curious, what on earth could make anyone hate the Saints?

because they are force fed to us down here and we don't have any choice in the games we get locally. I will ALWAYS watch whoever is on the other channel regardless of who's playing to avoid watching the saints. The world is a far better place when the saints suck like they usually do. I detest that franchise... Just because they are geographically closer than any other team, doesn't mean we are all fans of that loser franchise. I'd rather be able to watch the falcons or the dolphins every week. I don't have a favorite NFL team by any stretch, I just simply hate the saints..

Just because they are geographically closer than any other team, doesn't mean we are all fans of that loser franchise.

No, you are right, it doesn't mean that everyone is a fan but it does mean that they should play everyone of their games. They could air the Falcons but no one would watch. They've tried that before. People in South Alabama don't want anything to do with Atlanta in any sport. Most people in South Alabama cheer for the Saints. You are one of the very, very few. Sorry. It certainly doesn't mean that because you don't like them they should shaft the other half million people who do want to see them. It just seems like you were looking for somebody to hate. I suggest the Cowboys they are worthy of such hatred. BTW, the Saints are now 7-0 and look to be headed to the Super Bowl.

saints got the benefits of the officals the work before(yes that was a fumble before he crossed the goaline and should have been a touchback on the interception) so I dont feel sorry if they arent getting calls this week. They got their fair share the week before.

Saints made that game a lot more interesting than it needed to be down the stretch.

WarTiger, I guess it doesn't have to make sense, but hating a team because of its location and having its games televised in your local market is somewhat irrational. I grew up in the same area you live in now and was just happy to see football on TV...never became a Saints fan and didn't watch them much, but I didn't hate them because of mere proximity to my hometown.

I never hated the Falcons when I was at Auburn, either, even though we got their games every week. They were pretty crappy then, too.

I'm pretty neutral on the Saints overall, but if they have a shot at getting to the Super Bowl this year, I hope they make it. The more I see and hear about Drew Brees, the more I like the guy.

War Tiger is right about the Saints. I work in Pascagoula and that's all you hear about at work. I grew up in the BHAM area and we got lots of Dolphins games, I grew up watching Dan Marino and now they have Ronnie and I tend to like them again. I don't hate the Saints, but I very seldom watch a game. I've grown partial to the Vikings with Favre.

I kind see War Tiger's point of view. Hate may be a little strong but I really dislike the Titans because they are on every week. I grew up in N. Alabama and growing up we got the Dolphin's game every week and combined that with my mom's family is from South Florida I grew up a huge Phins fan. Well when the Titans came to Nashville we are now part of their regional area so unfortunetly we get Titan games every week. I mainly dislike the Titans because now I have to shell out for the NFL Sunday Ticket every season to watch my Phins instead of getting the game every week on my local station.

Any one notice after the game on SportsCenter Stuart Scott kept saying "Who day" instead of "Who dat"?

Get the lingo right, brotha ... Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints? ;)

Any one notice after the game on SportsCenter Stuart Scott kept saying "Who day" instead of "Who dat"?

Followed up with

"Who dey going to beat them Saints....here in the Super Bowl" :blink:

Just because they are geographically closer than any other team, doesn't mean we are all fans of that loser franchise.

No, you are right, it doesn't mean that everyone is a fan but it does mean that they should play everyone of their games. They could air the Falcons but no one would watch. They've tried that before. People in South Alabama don't want anything to do with Atlanta in any sport. Most people in South Alabama cheer for the Saints. You are one of the very, very few. Sorry. It certainly doesn't mean that because you don't like them they should shaft the other half million people who do want to see them. It just seems like you were looking for somebody to hate. I suggest the Cowboys they are worthy of such hatred. BTW, the Saints are now 7-0 and look to be headed to the Super Bowl.

First off the refs are never as bad as a biased fan thinks.

Second don't think being 7-0 means anything for making the Super Bowl. Ask the Colts about how many times they have started out the season with a long undefeated streak and one Super Bowl came out of that.

He was mistaking the Bengals who say "Who Dey?" The Bengals claim they came up with the chant first.

Bengals

what's up with all the ref issues across the board this year?

People are talking about what happens in football. It's been a hot topic this season since several "make believe" calls have been made to preserve perfect records.

It's the Aints. Nobody cares how you say it except those in NO who spend their food money on a ticket.

The pick 6 before the half should have been interference. Roddy got knocked down by the LB while the ball was in the air. So don't whine about the Aints getting bad calls.

Just curious, what on earth could make anyone hate the Saints?

because they are force fed to us down here and we don't have any choice in the games we get locally. I will ALWAYS watch whoever is on the other channel regardless of who's playing to avoid watching the saints. The world is a far better place when the saints suck like they usually do. I detest that franchise... Just because they are geographically closer than any other team, doesn't mean we are all fans of that loser franchise. I'd rather be able to watch the falcons or the dolphins every week. I don't have a favorite NFL team by any stretch, I just simply hate the saints..

Saints sure are sucking now...... :moon:

Archived