BCS Playoff System Worthless

bojack34

Press-Register Sound Off: BCS system worthless, and there is no real national champ

By Press-Register staff

January 08, 2010, 5:49AM

All athletes celebrate

Why do people keep calling in downing football players for celebrating after making a great play or touchdown? Name one sport where they don't celebrate. Even in golf they jump up and high-five each other; why is it football players can't do it? Why is it that football players can't celebrate? Why is it hotdogging when football players do it?

Toretta doesn't count

In the magazine in Wednesday's paper, you left one out of the Heisman Trophy winners who were busts. Gino Toretta was a Heisman Trophy winner in 1992 and he didn't make it either. Miami was beat by Alabama 34-13. Editor's note: Alabama's win over Miami in the 1993 Sugar Bowl was not part of the BCS.

link

BCS is worthless

The BCS championship game ought to be renamed the popularity contest championship game. In a system that says one team is better than another because of their conference, which just so happens to be banded with other conferences to control said championship game, there's no real champion. The Mountain West went 4-1 in bowl games, most against teams from BCS conferences. The BCS is an absolute joke. You go through all this just so you can win something worthless? Come on, college football. We deserve better than this garbage. It seems to me the so-called big boys of the BCS are scared of some of the non-BCS teams, and I don't blame them.

There are no national champs

I've got news for the person who said Auburn won one national championship in 100 years. Auburn has never won one and neither has anyone else. There's no such thing as a national championship in Division I FBS football. It's all mythical or imaginary. There's nothing national about a championship.

link

Archived