Did any one tour the new Arena?

RunInRed

Yes. It is nice. Almost everybody left the game and went to the arena.

I didn't take a camera, so no pictures.

I have pics I will post a little later.

I went it was awsome. A few impressions I was left with is I have been to Bud Walton and to me it felt like Bud Walton minus about 10,000 seats.

Secondly, it is very very open. What I do not like about BEMC and other Arena's Memorial Gym at Vanderbilt comes to mind is how they are not open. Vanderbilt for example its like four compartmentalized sections of the stadium.

This is not the case with the new arena. You can walk completely around the arena without any detour. And the concession area is wide open.

Heck at the mid level seats the only seats open yesterday they have a huge concourse area where you could stand at midcourt with a place for your concessions to stand and watch if you want.

The New scoreboard is great they did a great job with signage for the history of Auburn basketball and Auburn in general as well as BEMC.

When its open there is a patio that allows you to walk out and see Jordan Hare Stadium.

After seeing it in person I believe that if Auburn people can support basketball this could be a very very difficult place for other teams. The students are right on top of the court. Also the ceiling is much lower then BEMC so the noise will be trapped.

I will say this I ALMOST feel sorry for the Turds next season when they come to town. Unless they have a significant talent advantage it could be a rough very rough day.

The University has committed to winning now the fans need to commit to.

Yes. It is nice. Almost everybody left the game and went to the arena.

I didn't take a camera, so no pictures.

Yeah, the seats definitely feel right on top of the court and a much more intimate setting to the court. I thought the court feels more closed in, especially with the low roof and the upper level overhanging the lower level, but the concourses do feel very open. There is a ton of room on the side of Jordan Hare with the patio. I'm assuming thats club level. I did notice theres absolutely no access to the floor from the second level seats. I'm guessing there are seperate concessions there but we weren't allowed to floor level or the upper level. I do like the glass railing over the metal railings that obstruct views. Its going to feel like the crowd is right on top of opposing teams when and if there is a full house. I think it should make for a more intimidating environment. I'm wondering if they will sell a lot of standing room only seats due to the railing and shelving all around at the concourse level.

I thought that to. I could see this building get over 10k if AU gets good with everyone standing at midcourt concourse level. So much room there.

I'm wondering if they will sell a lot of standing room only seats due to the railing and shelving all around at the concourse level.

Archived