Ran into Coach Pawlowski

I'm was at work last Thursday (meat cutter Publix Gulf Breeze, Fl.) walking with a co-worker and a young man maybe 2 yrs old decked out in AU gear ripping down the aisle with mom chasing. I stepped in front of him and said, "Hey little Aubie, War Eagle," big grin on his face and a high 5 and War Eagle from him was enough to stop him for mom to catch. Around the corner comes a gentleman in an AU shirt I've never seen before (I want one now) and immediately recognize him and say War Eagle Coach Pawlowski. War Eagle back from him and I congratulate he and team and left it at that. It was such a pleasure. Don't know if that was his son or not all his bios are old and only mention 3 daughters.

The biggest thing about it though was my co-workers daughter has talked to AU assistant golf coaches about going to AU on golf scholarship. She hasn't spoken to head coach yet. He thought that was the coolest thing he had ever seen and would love for her to be a part of that. Shes been offered full ride to Southern Miss but still holding out for the better guys.

WDE

I'm really excited about the coaches we have in all major sports. When's the last time you could say such?

Thanks for sharing, good story.

Archived