ShocksMyBrain's music thread

Thought this was really interesting...like to see AU's band adapt it :punk:

George Mason University band's Rage Against the Machine Medley

That's pretty awesome. Would bring the stadium down, in my opinion.

Phish covered Killing in the Name last year on 4th of July. The videos don't do it justice, it was incredible to see live and the crowd nearly blew the top off the shed. I was a bit surprised to see it so well received. Fishman(drummer) is on the vocals...little weak, but hey, what can you expect from a dirty hippie band, amirite? B)

~4:44+

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty awesome. Would bring the stadium down, in my opinion.

Phish covered Killing in the Name last year on 4th of July. The videos don't do it justice, it was incredible to see live and the crowd nearly blew the top off the shed. I was a bit surprised to see it so well received. Fishman(drummer) is on the vocals...little weak, but hey, what can you expect from a dirty hippie band, amirite? B)

~4:44+

Damn. They hit Morello's solo spot on :o

In the band video, you could tell the girl in the red shirt was enjoying herself a bit. :big:

Damn. They hit Morello's solo spot on :o

In the band video, you could tell the girl in the red shirt was enjoying herself a bit. :big:

Trey Anastasio is an often overlooked guitarist. He really knows his way around a fret board and is constantly stretching and wandering the boundaries of typical guitar work. I've got about 40 gigs of Phish and seen them 20 times over a span of 4 years(pre and post the most recent hiatus)...constantly blowing my mind.

Noticed that about the red shirt girl too. :thumbsup:

at least you have memory of where your screen name came from....I couldn't tell you where I got mine. I know it's active since at least 2003 on one other forum

at least you have memory of where your screen name came from....I couldn't tell you where I got mine. I know it's active since at least 2003 on one other forum

Well it's not like I had to go back too far to remember it. :big:

Saw Ghostland Observatory the other evening at the Lyric in Oxford. Insane show. Lights were bonkers. Saw a girl get punched in the face by a dude right in front of us. Says a lot about them Ole Miss boys, I suppose.

Here's a couple videos(YT destroyed the quality, still best if viewed in 720p) I grabbed, WARNING TO THE EPILEPTICS: these videos contain a barrage of flashy lights and/or lasers:

Few pics:

1ca623d6.jpg

0a64b73a.jpg

0a8ea0d6.jpg

6177d2ab.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

127 Hours really captivated me. I just completed the book(Between A Rock and A Hard Place-Aron Ralston). Anyway, this particular song has been stuck with me during the most moving part of the film.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived